PDA

View Full Version : Metadata Reset?

Bmoreshaun
07-03-2009, 10:59 AM
After receiving some files back from a client(he asked me to Color Correct and export to quicktime) I found that all the metadata was reset to 0 on the last half of the files. I've always shot on the RED, but this will be the first time using the REDRushes/Red Alert workflow. I saved all my CC files in RED Alert as dpx, and I see the dpx file in the RDC folder, but when I export to quicktime in REDRushes it doesn't save the metadata value and goes back to the original file. I'm sure it's something stupid, but I'm not sure how to preserve the changes I made in RED Alert. (BTW: 2k 16:9 60fps)

Bmoreshaun
07-03-2009, 11:06 AM
BTW...Dan at RED told me someone might have tried to change the color while in raw mode(reason for the metadata reset). Still not sure on how to save my changes made in RED Alert

Alex Carr
07-03-2009, 11:13 AM
They are saved automatically to the rsx file,

Bmoreshaun
07-03-2009, 11:15 AM
ok...so why when I export my quicktimes in RED Rushes, it looks like the original file, not the CC I did in RED Alert???

Bmoreshaun
07-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Anyone?...

sebastian toro
07-03-2009, 01:10 PM
You need to point to clip RSX in Red Rushes options. This if you open each clip in Red Alert and build a look for each shot. If you create one look for a bunch of shots you point to selected RSX (the one you choose) and render all the batch with that look. If you select Clip RSX and some clips doesnt have RSX in the RDC folder the rendered file will have the look that was set up at camera.

hope this helps

Von Thomas
07-03-2009, 03:36 PM
If you like what you see in RA after your CC, then go ->File->Make Quicktimes, the QT files will update to your CC raw file, and they will be the same.

Von