PDA

View Full Version : clipfinder: on a tight deadline now

michael L
09-17-2009, 09:07 AM
so I've used clipfinder many times to great success. But have a tricky situation and a tight deadline in a few hours

I edited P files and was going to conform to H with clipfinder but this project is a bit larger and my original R3ds are in various places. right now i'm stuck manually doing match frames and project is due to shipout in 4 hours..yikes!

anyone know a way in clipfinder to conform using XLM method (the key factor is how to do it with multiple R3D folders and hundreds of clips across multiple drives)

thanks in advance. in the meantime, back to the manual method
Michael

michael L
09-17-2009, 09:41 AM
i thought this could be accomplished in color more simply but it seems that it is taking its "proxy cues" from final cut (since I sent the XML originally from fcp). the FCP xml is was built with P files

michael L
09-17-2009, 09:44 AM
another idea...I could run the conform process (final cut to clipfinder via XML) on each of the RDC directories..each time taking it all the way thru the process. guess that could work, certainly not ideal

Hans-Georg Daun
09-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Clipfinder 2.2 beta 7 lets you specify multiple clip directories (on multiple drives) for the conform.

Let me know if you need more info.

Cheers,
Hans

David Nardini
09-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Hi Hans,

Using 2.2 Beta7 and I was sure in an older version (?) there was a command for opening the directory containing the R3D file (open in Finder or something similar) for a selected clip ?

Is there a shortcut ... as I cannot see a menu item ...

Would be very helpful ... cheers

PS : unless you can implement an open in After Effects (add to current open project) > just like CMD+R for RedAlert ;-)

Hans-Georg Daun
09-20-2009, 03:53 PM
David,

There is a setting called "drag R3Ds instead of MOVs" in the preferences.
When this is activated you can drag clips directly into an AE project.

Cheers,
Hans

Hi Hans,

Using 2.2 Beta7 and I was sure in an older version (?) there was a command for opening the directory containing the R3D file (open in Finder or something similar) for a selected clip ?

Is there a shortcut ... as I cannot see a menu item ...

Would be very helpful ... cheers

PS : unless you can implement an open in After Effects (add to current open project) > just like CMD+R for RedAlert ;-)

David Nardini
09-21-2009, 03:29 AM
David,

There is a setting called "drag R3Ds instead of MOVs" in the preferences.
When this is activated you can drag clips directly into an AE project.

Cheers,
Hans

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh ... PERFECT ... did'nt spot that one ;-)