PDA

View Full Version : Plans for CDL support in RCX?

JonathanF
12-15-2009, 04:25 PM
I'm curious if we're going to have support for CDL exports from RCX?

J

Ryan E. Walters
12-23-2009, 05:33 PM
I hope so- that would be KILLER- as then we would KNOW for sure that the look would be carried through to post.

JonathanF
12-31-2009, 12:11 AM
Bump.

Any news on this?

Support for creation of CDL's along side RSX files would be a bonus for all the various Red apps. Perhaps we could replace RSX with CDL ultimately?

J

MichaelP
12-31-2009, 05:38 AM
Having a CDL representation would be great, but I don't think you can get all the controllable parameters available in R3D to be part of CDL - CDL would be additional to represent a subset of the parameters. 3cp has CDL support when using R3D, but I need to do more testing to see if that file alone can recreate all the decisions possible with an R3D file.

Michael

JonathanF
12-31-2009, 11:42 AM
Having a CDL representation would be great, but I don't think you can get all the controllable parameters available in R3D to be part of CDL - CDL would be additional to represent a subset of the parameters. 3cp has CDL support when using R3D, but I need to do more testing to see if that file alone can recreate all the decisions possible with an R3D file.
Michael

After the holiday I'm pretty sure Yuri could answer that right off the top of his head.

J