PDA

View Full Version : PC for Editing

George D.
12-29-2009, 05:08 AM
Is there a ready-made, over the counter, PC that can handle the data from a Red-One, and using Adobe Premier Pro CS4 and Red CineX for editing? Or, will I have to have it custom built?

According to the info I've recovered so far, the minimum the PC would need is:

G5 Computer with 4 Gigs Ram or more.*
16 Raid 7TB Hard Drive 600MB/Sec
Monitor
Blackmagic Multibridge PCI card
Mixer and speakers
UPS
5.1 Monitor System
Decks
64 bit color

If anyone knows what PC on the market will give me the above requirements, please let me know.

Thanks.

James Liu
12-29-2009, 11:00 AM
I am sure a lot of people can build this system since most parts are now plug and play with very little configuration needed. The questions is they will probably charge a good amount which will makes you re-consider building it yourself. Since you are asking for a G5 computer I can recommend you checking out rental/edit houses in your area that sells 2nd hand editing systems. They will probably have a ready-made system thats already satisfy the specs you listed. If any parts missing, I'm confident they can grab the part and install it easy while you pay for the difference. Good luck hunting.

Mohammed El Sharqawy
12-29-2009, 01:14 PM
G5 are the old style Macintosh processors..
and I don't think that they're capable of handling RED One material..

if you're getting a PC for Premiere CS4 you'd better think Core i7 with 6+ GB of RAM.. I have 12 and R1 footage is heavy on my computer,,

Kim Frank
12-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Mohammed..,
Youre saying on a i7 with 12 gigs Ram youre having problems in Premiere? How much Ghz and what grafic and video-output card do you use? What resolution of R3d is getting heavy for you?