PDA

View Full Version : redcine-x for one light

Loyd Bateman
12-31-2009, 12:22 AM
Not sure if this is a dumb question or not but is there some way to use clipfinder to reconform proxies to r3ds the open the r3ds in redcine-x using that reconformed xml for a sequenced one light grade and then export either quicktime or dpx etc for finishing?? If that's possible it would be pretty damn coo

MichaelP
12-31-2009, 06:40 AM
That would be cool (when on Mac), and there has been discussion of REDCINE-X supporting a "pull list" of sorts in a future version for these types of workflows.

Michael

David Battistella
12-31-2009, 06:46 AM
If you have clipfinder, then open the loop tool. Do a onelight in there (where the tools are exactly the same) do a lift of the look then stamp it onto as many clips as you like.

You can apply this to a pull list XML that can be read by clipfinder and then you can render out the (entire r3d) use in the sequence.

David

Loyd Bateman
12-31-2009, 10:07 AM
perfect! Thanks!

Loyd Bateman
12-31-2009, 10:29 AM
One more question, after I adjust my r3ds adding the little rsx symbol beside the r3d symbol, how do I export the newly adjusted clips as an xml with this new info?? thanks for your time

David Battistella
12-31-2009, 03:27 PM
You want to re-render the clips with that look baked in? Correct?

If you open it up in FCP I think you can ask FCP to read teh RSX file on transcode, but I am not sure about the whether FCP will read this look when a proxy file is loaded.

I'm still confused about your workflow and what you want to do.

David