PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Crashing

Ryan Mooney
01-11-2010, 12:58 PM
I have some R3D files from a shoot last night that work perfectly fine in RED-Cine, but when I import them into Vegas, the program crashes immediately. R3D files from other days seem to be working normally. Any ideas? One time I got a message that said something along the lines of "FCP may be corrupt."

Assuming the file is corrupt somehow (even though it works in RED-Cine), would running it through REDUndead help? If so, is there a pc alternative for the program?

I'm just full of questions today..

Jeffery Haas
01-26-2010, 03:02 PM
I have some R3D files from a shoot last night that work perfectly fine in RED-Cine, but when I import them into Vegas, the program crashes immediately. R3D files from other days seem to be working normally. Any ideas? One time I got a message that said something along the lines of "FCP may be corrupt."

Assuming the file is corrupt somehow (even though it works in RED-Cine), would running it through REDUndead help? If so, is there a pc alternative for the program?

I'm just full of questions today..

Same thing happening here.
I d/l'd the billiard table footage and the flowers footage from one of the other threads on this site to try them out on V9Pro on a Vista 64
w-station (Core i7, 12 GB) and after placing the footage on the timeline and shuttling through it, the frames go RED (color) which is the indicator that a crash has occurred, then I get a "File I/O" has stopped working error message.

While it works it's smooth as silk even at BEST quality but I can only
scrub a few times before it crashes.

Very strange but looks fixable. No word yet from Sony support although the app sent the fault report to Sony Creative after the crash.

donatello b
01-27-2010, 09:19 AM
the red frames in the TL usually means = Vegas is seeing errors in the clip ...
i have some HD/HDV/SD clips that have errors in parts of the clip .. Vegas can read the sections that the TL show pic frames .. then when i let it go into the color red sections it may/maynot crash ... some clips will crash V instantly others after several seconds ...
and then i have some clips ( not r3d ) that are all red in Vegas and no problem in AE/premiere/combustion ...
also note: that i have seen clips ( not r3d) that crash V9 and play no problems in V8 = got me
but all this doesn't help your crashing ... try getting a few other r3d clips to try out just in case errors were from download ...

make sure you have the newest V9 updates and vista64 updates ...
i'm not a fan of vista though i find vista 64 is more stable then vista 32 but neither i find as stable as XP .. i'll be switching to windows 7 very soon ...

if after trying several r3d clips and they continue to turn red - email sonyMedia support ( use their web support email ) .... usually sonymedia will get back to you within 48hrs ... they will then ask for a V9 log report .. so you might include ( copy/paste) the log report in your 1st support request ...

Wadro
01-27-2010, 05:27 PM
don't forget to update your sata drivers.. Vegas does not like the old ones that windows installs by default.