PDA

View Full Version : RED RAW to RED LOG - Banding in Sky

rich_lyons
01-21-2010, 04:42 AM
We have some shots of pale blue sky with sun that we are exporting as full debayer using RED LOG to create LOG DPX sequences in Scratch. We are seeing some banding in the sky on the exported LOG DPX files...

I know this is often down to an 8bit display issue and have read in other posts this is to be expected with the source material. We have checked on a 10bit display and it seems to still be there, although less obvious.

We also tried with rocket-cine x - same issue. The only solution is to add noise to break up the banding, unless anyone has any other possible fix?

Any feedback would be much appreciated...

Lucas Wilson
01-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Hey Rich,

Please send this to Support along with a log file...

Lucas

John Tissavary
01-21-2010, 03:17 PM
We have some shots of pale blue sky with sun that we are exporting as full debayer using RED LOG to create LOG DPX sequences in Scratch. We are seeing some banding in the sky on the exported LOG DPX files...

I know this is often down to an 8bit display issue and have read in other posts this is to be expected with the source material. We have checked on a 10bit display and it seems to still be there, although less obvious.

We also tried with rocket-cine x - same issue. The only solution is to add noise to break up the banding, unless anyone has any other possible fix?

Any feedback would be much appreciated...

Can you upload a DPX to look at somewhere? I may be able to help.

JT