PDA

View Full Version : Redcine X and Audio Match

Tim Sutherland
03-27-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm trying to match audio to footage in RCX. The sound department is giving me .wav files that do have timecode in them, but RCX is not syncing anything. I talked to the sound guys but they don't have any way to record them to .bwf files.

Am I missing something? Is there any way to convert the files so that RCX will use them?

Tim

MichaelP
03-27-2010, 01:34 PM
What recorder are you using? Download Wave Agent from www.sounddevices.com and make sure there is timecode in the file.

Michael

Tim Sutherland
03-27-2010, 01:42 PM
I know the files have TC in them because I'm seeing it in FCP. They are using the Sound Devices 744T I think. They told me there used to be a firmware version that would let you choose BWF or WAV, but now that's gone and all WAV files have time code in them, but the extensions are .wav.

Is RCX just ignoring my .wav files?

I'm downloading Wave Agent to double check the TC in the audio files.

MichaelP
03-28-2010, 05:12 AM
I thought by definition a wav file that has timecode is bwav since the additional broadcast chuck is what contained the samples from midnight to be interpreted as timecode. Perhaps as you say, RCX is only looking for a BWF extension but that should be easy enough to test - change the extension to one of your files to be bwf and see it if now starts working. If so, use a file renaming utility to batch change all of them.

Michael

Tim Sutherland
03-28-2010, 05:59 AM
I've tried changing the file extension with no luck, but I'll try it again today because it sure would make things easier.

Deanan
03-28-2010, 01:40 PM
I've tried changing the file extension with no luck, but I'll try it again today because it sure would make things easier.

Send me a sample and we'll take a look.

Tim Sutherland
03-29-2010, 02:22 PM
I'll send the email shortly. I did get it to accept the files in Rocketcine-X but the timecode was not matched up to the right file or the right part of the correct file. Still no luck in Redcine-X.

I know the timecode matches because in FCP I can use the 'merge clips' option by timecode and all works fine, that just adds another layer of rendering time to the operation.

Tim

Deanan
03-29-2010, 02:32 PM
I'll send the email shortly. I did get it to accept the files in Rocketcine-X but the timecode was not matched up to the right file or the right part of the correct file. Still no luck in Redcine-X.

I know the timecode matches because in FCP I can use the 'merge clips' option by timecode and all works fine, that just adds another layer of rendering time to the operation.

Tim
Try 48048 for the TC Override.