PDA

View Full Version : REDCINE-X to Premiere Pro - Source Settings

Drew Ingram
04-27-2010, 08:58 AM
Relative newbie... so forgive any ignorance.

I love the flexibility of being able to drop .r3d files into Premiere Pro, manipulate source settings, and then export for final color grade; but, I prefer the UI and options of REDCINE-X. What I don't like is having to export through REDCINE-X, which as of the latest build, crashes whenever I try to export as a quicktime (win version).

Would it be possible to manipulate the metadata of the .r3d through REDCINE-X, and then save that .r3d with the new metadata, and drop right into Premiere Pro? And further, if a .r3d file is already in the sequence, and we change the metadata through REDCINE-X and save, the file will replace itself with the new metadata?

I know that this option is probably way more complicated than I am suggesting, but it would definitely save me time through multiple exports. Just a thought...

Luis Otero
05-04-2010, 12:39 PM
If I am understanding this correctly, basically your proposal, which by the way would be great, is to create LUTs as a result of the RC-X grading, not a transcoded files. Men this will be heaven!!

That way, it can be applied to the R3D on any software that supports this function. Cineform comes to mind, but I do not know the current status of Cineform-Red business relationship and collaboration.