PDA

View Full Version : RC-X Rendering problem when Clipfinder is used

Luis Otero
04-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Hello,

I am experiencing a big issue for me. I usually grade a scene, save the project, initiate the exporting, which depicts the progress on the Batch Monitoring window. Then I close the project, import another scene, and repeat the same steps. This allows me to let things rendering whenever I am not grading, so it is very efficient.

However, whenever I use Clipfinder 2.5 beta, if there is any clips on the batch rendering, and I try to export to Redcine-X, the infamous color wheel appears for few minutes, and at the end it presents an error (too long to write it here) that basically says that Clipfinder is aborting the exporting process due to "time-out" or something to that effect.

It does not happen if I initiate the exporting to RCX if it is closed. Is there any work around this with Clipfinder, or is this a known issue? If I use "T2P" or "XML2RCX" applications this is no issue at all. However, I prefer Clipfinder since there are other issue with the other two applications, specifically rendering longer files that the original clips in FCP.

Any idea, please?

David Battistella
04-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Clipfinder does not support the New Color Science when rendering because CLipfinder uses REDLINE. A new version of REDLINE is included in the SDK but a new version of Clipfinder has not been released.

As a workaround you can use the SEND TO REDCINE-X feature and use RC-X as the tool to perform the renders.

You might find it a bit slower than clipfinder because the RCX render engine has not been opitmized.

Follow the STEP by STEP in the manual and be sure you have the correct versions installed. Also, try a smaller batch size as a test.

David

David

Luis Otero
04-29-2010, 04:49 PM
David,

Thanks for responding. However, I do not use Clipfinder to produce any type of footage. It is just a bridge between FCP and RC-X, and round trip back to FCP.

I ALWAYS edit with proxies (transcoding is, in my opinion, a waste of my time that can be used to edit), and produce ProRes, DPX or TIFF from RedCine-X that are used as the final footage to be used for further grading, and for final rendering from FCP.

So, my issue is really the inability of using CF as the bridge whenever I am rendering files, if there is any pending file to be rendered, in the Batch Monitor window. It just do not allow me to open other project for grading, as I can accomplish with "T2P" or "XML2RCX" applications, which have other issues that complicate my workflow, as I explained before.

Ryota Kurata
04-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Hello,
If I use "T2P" or "XML2RCX" applications this is no issue at all. However, I prefer Clipfinder since there are other issue with the other two applications, specifically rendering longer files that the original clips in FCP.

Any idea, please?

What issue?
Please write in TP2 thread.
Thank you.

David Battistella
04-29-2010, 07:51 PM
David,

Thanks for responding. However, I do not use Clipfinder to produce any type of footage. It is just a bridge between FCP and RC-X, and round trip back to FCP.

I ALWAYS edit with proxies (transcoding is, in my opinion, a waste of my time that can be used to edit), and produce ProRes, DPX or TIFF from RedCine-X that are used as the final footage to be used for further grading, and for final rendering from FCP.

So, my issue is really the inability of using CF as the bridge whenever I am rendering files, if there is any pending file to be rendered, in the Batch Monitor window. It just do not allow me to open other project for grading, as I can accomplish with "T2P" or "XML2RCX" applications, which have other issues that complicate my workflow, as I explained before.

Cool. Thanks for explaining that.

David

Hans-Georg Daun
04-30-2010, 12:11 AM
Hi Luis,

Can you mail me directly and include any entries from the system log (Applications / Utilities / Console) that relate to Clipfinder ?

Cheers,
Hans

Luis Otero
04-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Hi Luis,

Can you mail me directly and include any entries from the system log (Applications / Utilities / Console) that relate to Clipfinder ?

Cheers,
Hans

Done...

Thanks!

Luis Otero
05-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Hi Luis,

Cheers,
Hans

Hans,

Thanks for tackling this. However, I still receive the same error after several minutes. The error reads as follows:

"Error -1712 occured the runLuaScript(REDCINE-X_build_221, /var/folders/gE/gEJZ+zxUGNaJnOP2cmtthE+++TI/-Tmp-//RCX_export.lua) call: AppleEvent timed out."

Hope this also helps!