PDA

View Full Version : RED numbers in the U.A.E

Andrew clemson
05-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Now that we have this great new Middle East usergroup, Id like to take the opportunity to focus on my local market here in the U.A.E.

Specifically Id like to guage both how many cameras there are here locally, and also, how many active REDusers there are.

Ive heard of numbers ranging from 8 camera bodies, as Riki mentioned in the other thread, all the way up to 25.

I have however only ever come into contact with 5 R1s other than our own in the 2 and a bit years weve been using the systems.

It would be nice for us (and everyone else) to have proper list of people who we can subrent from should we do more multi camera shoots.

If you are a RED owner/user/fanboy here in Dubai, or Abu Dhabi or any of the Emirates, it would be great to hear from you.

Yusuf Thakur
05-02-2010, 01:54 AM
Hi Andrew,

We have had a RED ONE from August 2008, its 2036. A complete package with Nikon mount lenses from 8mm, to 500mm. Including RED drives, viewfinder, lcd, etc. Too long a list to mention here.

Yusuf Thakur
VFX Dubai.
www.vfxme.com

KamalTerro
05-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Hi Andrew,
I'm a red one owner sn# 7549 with RPP 18 to 300mm
cheers

Andrew clemson
05-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Kamal your website doesnt exist.

RikiButland
05-23-2010, 10:39 PM
Hi Andrew
As you know I have 2 Red camera packages, waiting to be MX upgraded and I have 2 Epics (Stage 2) on order.

Andrew clemson
05-24-2010, 12:31 AM
Riki has great kits, and is probably the only other renter I would recommend.

Riki, our first camera is currently in the process of being upgraded to MX. Think it should be back in a little under 2 weeks. Looking forward to shooting with the new sensor! When are yours due? Ours are separated by almost 1000 units and it would be good to be able to put a 2 camera MX kit together.

I also managed to convince Nick we need 2 Epics. Going to be crazy with 4 cameras!

Esmaeil Neisi
05-24-2010, 01:19 AM
soon I will add 2 Red ones in UAE + Arri Alexa

RikiButland
05-24-2010, 01:51 AM
Esmaile I would look at the market demands do you really think you would ever get your investment back on an Alexa in this market ? I really do not think so, also 2K 70fps

Andrew clemson
05-24-2010, 02:53 AM
Esmaile you do seem to have everything. Congrats. By the way this thread is for RED owners for the local market here. I think the Alexa market will be slightly different.

Esmaeil Neisi
05-24-2010, 10:44 AM
Well Andrew It's seems that you are the leader of red community if I'm not rung,so what do you think of your interest of 7Ds and 5Ds,I really sorry to say that but don't you think you are a little bit selfish

Esmaeil Neisi
05-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Esmaile I would look at the market demands do you really think you would ever get your investment back on an Alexa in this market ? I really do not think so, also 2K 70fps

Riki

Well In terms of investment back i have to say that,when some one do a big investment in order to get it back soon he have to look at global market,that's the motivation for the big companies all over the world ,you Riki I saw in your contact that you have an other office in UK if not mistaken so I think you have the same thought as me don't you?

Andrew clemson
05-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Well Andrew It's seems that you are the leader of red community if I'm not rung,so what do you think of your interest of 7Ds and 5Ds,I really sorry to say that but don't you think you are a little bit selfish

THE CANON DISCUSSION IS IN A DIFFERENT THREAD.

Having said that, I literally dont understand your point. Please refrain from filling this group with nonsensical arguments. Its taken a while to get a dedicated regional group so can we please be constructive with it.

If you would like your own thread where you can just advertise your amazing gear, please start a new one and we will refrain from posting in it.

Esmaeil Neisi
05-25-2010, 02:14 AM
Well It seems you made a thread for your self ,good luck man

mohamed hisham
12-05-2010, 01:45 AM
hello i live here n dubai f any one have an offer for a red one use plz contact me +971508863689