PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bullet Looks 1.4 changed my life

Nicholas Costaras
09-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Hey the upgrade to Magic Bullet looks 1.4 is $99. You just have to have Vegas to qualify. The upgrade is also working in AE and Final Cut too. Great value for great results...Has an awesome interface and is almost 4x faster that the original Magic bullet Editors suite. I was getting black frames etc in MB Editors using GPU, but now the render is faster and no wierd glitches.

It has a spot fill, nice control over lens efx but the interface is really quick and practical. And because it's Vegas we get to change the R3D propeties while the efx are running...nice to tweak and get the exact results you're looking for.

Subhadip Sen
09-25-2010, 12:06 AM
I was very impressed with the trial, but there's one deal breaker. It only supports 32-bit. In my experience, the 64-bit Vegas Pro 9 is far superior, much faster, and rock stable. There have been users reporting issues running 32-bit Vegas Pro 9 with MBL on Windows 7 64-bit which makes it crash/hang. There have been some quick workarounds offered which solve many problems, but 64-bit remains the superior version.

Now that MBL 1.4 supports 64-bit Adobe CS5, it is about time Vegas 64-bit was supported to, especially since it was on the market a year before Adobe. More importantly, make Windows 7 an officially supported OS for Vegas!

On the other hand, if you are Premiere Pro CS5 user, all is well.

Paramon Ivanovich
01-06-2011, 02:04 PM
there's one deal breaker. It only supports 32-bit ...
that's the thing, I don't understand how Adobe with all its clumsiness and power hungry nature gets 64 bit support and Vegas , being twice as lighter and less CPU and memory demanding doesn't,
life is not fare
;)

Cory Petkovsek
01-06-2011, 03:35 PM
vegas 10/32-bit on win7/64-bit works fine. I stopped using vegas/64 (which also worked fine) simply because of limited plugin support. (I had no issues with Vegas 9/32 or 64 either, except for limited plugin support). However even when editing even red files, vegas rarely expands beyond a few hundred mb of memory, well below 1gb, so 64-bit support is irrelevant in my experience.

Cory

Mark Nicholson
03-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Most stuff has been ported over to 64-bit - OFX Sapphire runs fine, Neat Video, Magic Bullet Looks, Twixtor Pro, Boris Effects. I have 16GB of ram and easily fill it when previewing - would be helpful to bump up to 32GB