PDA

View Full Version : REDUCATION smak dab awesome 2011 enter the awesome.

BigLu
05-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Just stepped out of RED Studios and
Right now there are a bunch of guys along with 1 girl all going over the layout of how BAD FREAKING ASS this REDUCATION is going to be at REDstudios.

This is strictly Major League stuff, big kid Ted just went off the hinges.
Multiple stages, multiple setups, multiple learning locations, multiple computers, multiple cameras, multiple EVERYTHING. Its exciting to see how huge this is going to be from so many angles.

If you have already signed up, honestly NO bullshit your gonna love this and be blown away. You will have never seen a class like this, not even close.
Ive been to several workshops over the last 12 years and this sets a bar so high that its not even fair.

If you are on the fence about it JUMP ill catch ya.
If you don't have enough cash? BORROW you'll get your money back out in the field its that good.

But wait theres more.

To have Michael Cioni teach the Post is unreal now ive hung out with my fair share of post teachers, post production supervisors, edit gurus, post house owners and editors. And Michael kicks there ass up and down the block. Not only does he know what he's teaching, he's easy to understand and listen to. He speaks in a language we comprehend, I don't just mean English but he makes it understandable cuz this stuff can get confusing.

But wait theres more.
They are teaching advanced shooting technics and how to shoot with the cameras from DP Peter Holland
NICE.

Ive gotten to shoot with Peter Holland before and its an absolute pleasure to watch the guy set up and light a scene. This advanced cinematography class will add so much to the arsenal and your capabilities.

You all know TED and know theres nobody better so of course he heads up the classes.

This coupled with all of the hidden surprises they are planning and all the EPIC toys we will get to work with Is by far without a doubt the best possible class you can attend for a serious digital film maker and or post production person.

3D!!! nuff said.

I know i missed lots of stuff but if you want to learn more you need to go to the page
http://www.red.com/learn/reducation

Really.. its gonna be good.

Luis

Anthony Rinaldi
05-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Sounds like I should start pinching pennies to go to the next one!

jake blackstone
05-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Does it come with a set of Ginzu knifes?

BigLu
05-18-2011, 05:10 PM
No but I am shooting next door to your coloring bay Jake so if you want I can bring you some plastic forks if it will make you happy.

AnthonyFlores
05-18-2011, 05:36 PM
No but I am shooting next door to your coloring bay Jake so if you want I can bring you some plastic forks if it will make you happy.

Haha, damn Lu you should be in the infomercial business -- the writing part ;) I'm SO BUMMED that I will be out of the country for this one, and your post was like salt in the wound. I'm hoping and praying
there will be another one later this year. Thanks for the inside scoop though -- promise I will be one of THE first to sign up. Can't wait to hear impressions for this one :)

BigLu
05-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Anthony dont worry there will be more... I hope. =)

And thanks I cant write for ship I know i have horrible grammar, I cant spell, and at times i dont make sense, but I believe some of you understand my dyslexic self.

Thanks Flores

Flores.

jake blackstone
05-18-2011, 06:48 PM

What would make me happy is useful information and not late night informercial. I understand you're excited, but try to contain yourself:-)

BigLu
05-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Dont like it? Dont read it simple as that.

jake blackstone
05-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Dont like it? Dont read it simple as that.

That's what I usually do with infomercials. I ignore them. But sometimes it is difficult to do. They just so damn loud and obnoxious...

BigLu
05-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Some people appreciate the info and even respect it others just totally miss the point.

jake blackstone
05-18-2011, 09:08 PM
Some people appreciate the info and even respect it others just totally miss the point.

Here is what I read:
" Blah, blah, blah, Ted, blah,blah,blah,Michael Cioni, blah,blah,blah,3D, honestly NO bullshit your gonna love this and be blown away. You will have never seen a class like this, not even close,blah,blah,blah, but wait theres more, blah,blah,blah...
Sorry, if I missed the point and all useful info.

BigLu
05-19-2011, 04:55 AM
Notice how Rinaldi and Flores are interested in going? Thats who its for and thats what its about. See ive been to these classes before, its not meant for you because your rather criticize then go to something like this, you dont do REDucations why because they are not for you and you know it. They dont deal with color grading you do its nothing to do with that.

Steven Caesare
05-19-2011, 06:31 AM
Here is what I read:
" Blah, blah, blah, Ted, blah,blah,blah,Michael Cioni, blah,blah,blah,3D, honestly NO bullshit your gonna love this and be blown away. You will have never seen a class like this, not even close,blah,blah,blah, but wait theres more, blah,blah,blah...
Sorry, if I missed the point and all useful info.

Dude.. it's post by an individual RedUser user with his perspecitve, not an official Red announcment.

I, for one, like to see excited mpressions from individuals as well as straightforward official announcements.

Step off a tad, eh?

-sc

Christopher Barrett
05-19-2011, 06:35 AM
+1 just one more shoot and I'm on a plane to LA. Sooo looking forward to it.

LET IT BEGIN!!!

jake blackstone
05-19-2011, 08:13 AM
Dude.. it's post by an individual RedUser user with his perspecitve, not an official Red announcment.

I, for one, like to see excited mpressions from individuals as well as straightforward official announcements.

Step off a tad, eh?

-sc
People can write anything they want. Im not a moderator. I just would like to point out, that many visit this site for the useful info, that helps them professionally. That is why it's disappointing, when occasionally it's reduced to а Red psycho-fans forum. So, never mind, carry on...

TedRed
05-19-2011, 11:03 AM
So I very rarely if ever call anyone out on the forum here, but some folks let me know about this thread this morning and the ugly turn it took and I felt compelled to write a little something on the topic.

If you want to see the odd occasion when I do go off on something - you can look at this thread:

http://reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?53074-Variety-strikes-again...

(by the way that author of the variety article has never contacted me again... still under the rock he deserves to be under I guess :-)

OK - back on topic here. First off I don't post much on the user forum - it's not my preferred method of communication - I'm not great at it, and there are others at RED that do a way better job than me using this communication tool... My skill is in person and on video style communication... you can see I only have a few hundred posts, so when I do spend time letting people know my feelings here, it means something very real and impactful to me.

Luis is a personal friend of mine, and I'm a fan of his attitude, enthusiasm and his sheer joy of the movie making biz in all it's aspects. It's a real honor to have him in our REDucation class with us, and spending the time on the forum to tell you how excited he is about the next class... it's what he's really feeling and thinking at the time - who cares if it comes off as being a bit over the top on the enthusiasm... he's the genuine article and so are his comments here.

The bashing and nonsense of the other person that jumped all over Luis is not warranted and just downright disrespectful. You are entitled to your opinion of course - that's what a forum is all about.
Here's my opinion on the topic:

REDucation is a work in progress project, just like many things at RED - coming into it trying to glean what specific things we will cover in the class is the exact wrong way to come into a learning situation in my opinion - know the general areas you are going to be taught, and have a completely open mind and clean slate going in, and you will get maximum enjoyment and learning from the class. Go into it wondering when they are going to cover this particular subject or topic and you have missed the point of the class entirely.

We teach so much, so fast in the class it will make your head spin. and I and the rest of the teaching staff are always learning, refining and re-tooling the class to make it better (just ask the teaching staff, many that have been in multiple classes with us) The minute any of us considers ourselves to be an "expert" on any area of this new language and tool set of RED... it's time to question ourselves and learn more about it... there is no such thing as an "expert" in our world (in my opinion) just those that have deep experience and a willingness to learn more and refine their skill set. The minute anyone claims they are an "expert" and feel they know everything about an area or topic of technology - find someone new to work with.

I'm posting this part now... more to come. (just didn't want to loose this before I posted it :-)

TedRed
05-19-2011, 11:21 AM
Continuing on here, I'll point out one example that made me re-think how we teach the class and make some changes that are happening this time around... We used to teach a 5 day class on REDucation, and we still didn't have nearly enough time to cover everything we wanted people to learn. But that's OK - we filled everyones heads with lots of great class learning on many relevant topics and did a bunch of hands on practical learning as well with the cameras and post tools.

At the end of one section on DI theory and learning, I asked the class, who feels like they will use all the knowledge we just talked about in depth in their working careers... only 3 people of about 60 raised their hands.. so I thought to myself, maybe we should re tool the class a bit, take out some of the deep dive stuff in DI and move that into a more advanced class - so flash forward to now.

We re-tooled the main class from 5 days to 3 days, and then gave students the choice to continue learning more advanced on post or cinematography for the final 2 days... We are all curious if this concept will be a good step forward (I'm pretty confident it is already)

Now I'm not going to tell you I'm the best teacher of RED in the world, or the best teacher of anything... but I have a really good time, and try and bring a lot of what our team has learned building this camera and bringing to market to the class. I am no where near an "expert" on many parts of the RED logic, and I rely heavily on our ace team of TAs and special guests in the class to cover a lot of the nuts and bolts learning on tools like RedCineX, Storm, R3D manager, the audio workflow for the camera, the deep dive menus on the camera etc. They are way better than me at those parts, since they use these tools every day in their jobs.

The proof is in the pudding as they say, and pretty much everyone that has taken the class has told us they got way more out of it than they expected and were able to use that knowledge to help others understand why they want to be shooting RED instead of an HD video camera.

OK that's enough on this from me - start flaming, fanboy-ing, bashing, etc. as you like with the forum tools at your disposal :-)

+ Ted

Casey Green
05-19-2011, 12:03 PM

Anyone who knows Lu knows he's the real deal, no BS. I'm a fan of his excitement as well. He brings a great energy to REDucation and is wonderful to work with.

Thanks for summarizing the efforts going into this class, Lu! I'm sure it's gonna be great.

Michael Kromschroeder
05-19-2011, 01:01 PM
Thank's Ted, I am really looking forward to meeting you next week.
My Plane leaves Munich on Sunday :-)

And I am happy to read any positive post, even if they "just" say that something is great.

Justin O'Neill
05-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Great to hear Luis! You've got me really excited for next weeks Reducation now. ;)

Wish I could have been there to help setup. I'll see you Sunday though!

AnthonyFlores
05-19-2011, 05:12 PM
Yah Luis is seriously one of the nicest guys ever - he and Ketch were the first ones to reach out to me here last year, and also make themselves available for an annoying Red newbie like me with my zillion questions.
Keep the enthusiasm up Lu, it's a big asset -- as you can see from all the people chiming in here. Wish I could make it to this one next week ... but I'll die before I miss the next one, hopefully later this year :)

jake blackstone
05-19-2011, 05:56 PM
The bashing and nonsense of the other person that jumped all over Luis is not warranted and just downright disrespectful. You are entitled to your opinion of course - that's what a forum is all about.

The other person would be I and I have a right to have an opinion. I know it is Red forum and you can ban me at any time, if you feel, that I overstepped the line.
Regardless, I continue to feel, that hucksterism and Billy Mays ways of selling Red wares are unbecoming and feels cheap.
I have nothing against Luis. I know him personally as well and I know he's a big boy, capable of personally defending his actions. It's the methods, that I'm having an issue with...

Steven Caesare
05-19-2011, 09:21 PM
What part of "Private Individual Opinion doesn't equal Official Red Statement" don't you undrestand?

-sc

jake blackstone
05-19-2011, 10:38 PM
What part of "Private Individual Opinion doesn't equal Official Red Statement" don't you undrestand?

-sc

What part of "I have an opinion and I'm expressing it" don't you understand?
Unless clarified, when Ted speaks out and condones this kind of fanatic behavior, inevitably it CAN be construed as an endorsement by the company. I on the other hand is an individual and speak only for myself.
Seriously, "If you don't have enough cash? BORROW you'll get your money back out in the field its that good."
Really? If that doesn't sound like some kind of get-rich-quick scheme, I don't what is...

dino g
05-20-2011, 01:47 AM
If you look in the dictionary for the word passion, you may see Luis's picture. he is one of the most passionate people i have ever met. i am certain he makes no extra money by reducation being either successful or not successful. so to imply that he is doing an infomercial or selling a get-rich-quick-scheme is not really understanding luis or his roll in all of this.

so jake, let me give you some background information if you have not already heard this.

as you may know i was lucky enough to be an early adopter of the red one camera. however, being a producer with a little bit of experience with shooting video, i knew i had to learn the red one as well as anyone in the world to have a chance at being successful. one of the ways i learned the camera was shooting with it myself, a lot, everyday in fact when i did not have a job renting it, i was shooting, shooting, shooting.

one day i was out in malibu, on the side of the road shooting a timelapse of waves crashing over rocks with santa monica in the background. it was late january, early feb 2008. pch is a pretty busy area so i was not really worried about my safety, until this kind of beat up older cadillac pulled off PCh and parked right were i was shooting. out walks this 6 foot 5 300 pound plus hispanic man. my first thought was, my camera is about to be stolen, i hope i live...the camera is not important, i want to live, i kept on repeating as this large man grew closer and closer....finally he reached me and in this enthusiastic polite voice the giant of a man, started asking me very specific questions about the red one, very informed deep operational question about the red one...i was blown away...long story short, he came to my next job as an unpaid intern and did that a few times for a couple of weeks and within a month i was sending him jobs and within a few weeks after that he bought a camera some how , some way....

the man is as authentic as it comes and to think that he has some sort of agenda to help sell reducation slots is to not really know luis. so you may have met him once or twice, but let me assure you, you do not know luis.

what annoys me the most about this forum is people that chim in just to see their names and pictures displayed on the web. what is the point of bashing, to point out that you are better than the person you are bashing, if that were the case, why bother, let your work speak for itself, you do not need to let everyone on this forum know how much you dont like something or don't like something someone says...no one cares what you think, they only care if you have something constructive to add to the forum, not that you dont like something. redusers are not sitting at home waiting for you to log in and bless their post with your fancy picture of your hand over your head. who's shadow is that in your chin anyway.

i have spent 4 years working intimately with michael cioni and ted. these two individuals have done more to make this camera successful and accepted than anyone else short of Jim Jannard. (period) they are in a word, bulletproof. to hear them speak about their plans in a closed environment out of the public eye is an exciting moment. many of the things that we now take for granted in the red world, like redcine-x and ipad dailies and ssd cards were all secret products at one point and to hear them talk about it then was inspiring. so please lay the fuck off of luis and michael and ted. no one cares what you think as many do not care what i think, but i will always come to the defense of my friends when they are being attacked, that is what hockey players do, we fight for our boys.

if you dont like this topic, or you can not appreciate luis's genuine enthusiasm then move on.

TedRed
05-20-2011, 09:13 AM
Interesting what gets people temperature to rise... a couple of final comments from me on the topic and then I want to tell you about something really cool that we are doing as an experiment for this upcoming REDucation... if you don't want to read my final rant and are done with this already, head to this new link I just put up... for those that love the drama... read on :-)

http://reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?58973-remote-REDucation-the-next-technology-experiment&p=767392#post767392

My instinct is that the person that started the thread to go down this slightly dark road feels the need for the final word on the topic to make him feel valuable - I'm happy to let him have it. Here's my final word on it. Note that this is personal... not "Ted that works for RED" talking here... (not that there is any real separation, that's part of what makes RED successful - the people that work at RED and are working with our products are passionate in stick up for their friends.)

Note that I'm a very big fan of free speech and stating your opinion... it's the house I live in and would not deny that same right to others.

also note that I'm a very big fan of diplomacy and kind words, and affecting change in a positive manner. A good lesson that could be learned from our friend that posted about Luis's comments. Your comments have validity. Hard data and facts of course have an important place in our world, as does excitement and enthusiasm and fun ... students of REDucation next week will get a healthy dose of all of that :-)

and a final note that a guy like Luis (and many, many others in the RED world) has my back, and I have his. We are all a big family... we look out for each other, and embrace each others differences and personalities. When someone comes down on a guy like Luis for being how he is, I feel compelled to speak out... that's it... nothing more to read into it.

Now I'm done - no more comments on this subject, regardless of what kick back comes my way on it... long live Diplomacy!

+ Ted

Alex Alonzo
05-20-2011, 10:02 AM
I rarely post in this User group but I read it constantly for new updates news and when my little tiny camera Scarlet will come out.
I know Luis and his post is fun this made me want to attend reducation.

So listen Luis cannot contain himself, he can try.
Its just not going to happen the guys too passionate about what he does. You should see him DP and Direct, hes all over the place hands on lights, props, camera gear, and with his loud voice its hilarious not to mention his energy is very contagious on set.
Excitement is how he and his team rolls, its what keeps broke filmmakers making films with every last penny they have. How else would true independent films get made?
All of his film friends are the craziest bunch of film makers you can meet believe me I know.

Hes not a propagandist guy hes a passionate, dedicated, high energy, enthusiastic, big guy with a crew and friends that are just as insane as he is if not more.

IMHO he has no outlet for his energy. He still wants to be out on the football field making a sack, basketball court or volleyball court. Dont be mistaken by his size he is the quickest, biggest, nicest big guy I know.

Louie Im glad your my buddy, dont hurt me.

Alex

dino g
05-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Louie Im glad your my buddy, dont hurt me.

Alex

one of my favorite reduser quotes of all time..i feel the same.

Steven Caesare
05-20-2011, 03:27 PM
What part of "I have an opinion and I'm expressing it" don't you understand?
Unless clarified, when Ted speaks out and condones this kind of fanatic behavior, inevitably it CAN be construed as an endorsement by the company. I on the other hand is an individual and speak only for myself.
Seriously, "If you don't have enough cash? BORROW you'll get your money back out in the field its that good."
Really? If that doesn't sound like some kind of get-rich-quick scheme, I don't what is...

Your opinion?

You said:

I continue to feel, that hucksterism and Billy Mays ways of selling Red wares are unbecoming and feels cheap.

That's not simply "your opinion."

Luis does not work for Red. He does not get paid for you attending their education. Therefore he CANNOT be selling you anything, as he has nothing to sell.

Therefore his ENTHUSIAITC RECOMMENDATION for you to attend Reducation is no more "selling Red wares" than my enthusastic recommendation you go purchase a sedative for immediate ingestion.

Addiitonally, when you catagorize his comments as being a "get rich quick scheme", you ar implying financial benefit for the person making the recommendation. It's insulting.

-sc

jake blackstone
05-20-2011, 07:08 PM
what annoys me the most about this forum is people that chim in just to see their names and pictures displayed on the web. what is the point of bashing, to point out that you are better than the person you are bashing, if that were the case, why bother, let your work speak for itself, you do not need to let everyone on this forum know how much you dont like something or don't like something someone says...no one cares what you think, they only care if you have something constructive to add to the forum, not that you dont like something. redusers are not sitting at home waiting for you to log in and bless their post with your fancy picture of your hand over your head. who's shadow is that in your chin anyway.

It's ironic to accuse me of post trolling with no basis whatsoever, when in fact you revel in publicly announcing every project you're working on:-)

dino g
05-20-2011, 07:45 PM
at the very beginning when i was one of only a few to have a camera i was encouraged by the group to post hi end jobs i did so that others could use those jobs to point to as examples. i have done close to 1000 days with these cameras...i havent posted but 5% of them brother.

AnthonyFlores
05-20-2011, 07:49 PM
In addition to being a super nice guy, passion about Red, and infectious enthusiasm .... did I mention Big Lu has the coolest last name ever??? ;)

jake blackstone
05-20-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm going to attempt for the last time to explain what this is really about, because apparently, many posters prefer to engage in personal attacks (yes, I'm talking about you Dino), than think clearly about the effect of their sophomoric actions.
It is easy to see, that I work in post. For that reason I'm camera agnostic. Majority of my work is Red generated. But I also get, surprise, film, Genesis, Viper, Sony, Canon, Alexa and whatever else is out there. Red users are a passionate bunch, as it is clearly illustrated in this forum. But there are other non Red users, that sometimes too have a chip on their shoulder, when it comes to anything Red. From them I get the usual litany of Red falsehoods- camera overheats, it's unreliable, post is difficult, terrible skin tones, company doesn't deliver, when promised, can't get accessories etc. That's perception and in marketing perception is everything. This is an open forum and people read it. Does Red really needs another bogus issue, like "yeah, Red camera may be inexpensive, but they will nickel and dime you for everything you've got"? When face of Red- Ted, threatens to go off on me, rather than address the issue at hand- mainly, public image of Red, I find it puzzling.
Let me give you another example of missed opportunity. A short while ago there was an Epic fashion shoot (http://vimeo.com/20482528). Check the credits:-)
It was rushed, poorly executed and should have never been released that way in the first place. Was it a result of too much excitement too? I think so. I feel, that video did some serious damage to Epic. It gave more ammunition to the Red haters, when in fact, it could have been used to highlight the incredible feats, that this camera is truly capable of.
And on that note, I'm done with trying to explain the importance of company perception...

jake blackstone
05-20-2011, 07:58 PM
at the very beginning when i was one of only a few to have a camera i was encouraged by the group to post hi end jobs i did so that others could use those jobs to point to as examples. i have done close to 1000 days with these cameras...i havent posted but 5% of them brother.

Why then would you accuse me of this very thing? Can you back up your claim with any examples? Do you know anything about me and what I do?
And what with the childish attack on my avatar?
How is that conducive to the conversation at hand in anyway whatsoever, brother?

Brad Webb
05-20-2011, 08:03 PM
I'm going to attempt for the last time to explain what this is really about, because apparently, many posters prefer to engage in personal attacks (yes, I'm talking about you Dino), than think clearly about the effect of their sophomoric actions.
It is easy to see, that I work in post. For that reason I'm camera agnostic. Majority of my work is Red generated. But I also get, surprise, film, Genesis, Viper, Sony, Canon, Alexa and whatever else is out there. Red users are a passionate bunch, as it is clearly illustrated in this forum. But there are other non Red users, that sometimes too have a chip on their shoulder, when it comes to anything Red. From them I get the usual litany of Red falsehoods- camera overheats, it's unreliable, post is difficult, terrible skin tones, company doesn't deliver, when promised, can't get accessories etc. That's perception and in marketing perception is everything. This is an open forum and people read it. Does Red really needs another bogus issue, like "yeah, Red camera may be inexpensive, but they will nickel and dime you for everything you've got"? When face of Red- Ted, threatens to go off on me, rather than address the issue at hand- mainly, public image of Red, I find it puzzling.
Let me give you another example of missed opportunity. A short while ago there was an Epic fashion shoot (http://vimeo.com/20482528). Check the credits:-)
It was rushed, poorly executed and should have never been released that way in the first place. Was it a result of too much excitement too? I think so. I feel, that video did some serious damage to Epic. It gave more ammunition to the Red haters, when in fact, it could have been used to highlight the incredible feats, that this camera is truly capable of.
I'm done with trying to explain the importance of company perception...

+1

Company perception = everything. To this day people say Red's overheat, when they never had that problem.

Another thing is that most other camera companies carefully control who gets to play with their preproduction cameras, and only the best looking stuff shot on the camera gets released. Look what Cannon did with their DSLRs. They gave them to Phillip Bloom and Shane Hurlbut, and they shot some amazing looking footage. To this day people are still talking about how damn good footage from the DSLRs look.
First impressions are everything, even if they are wrong.

TedRed
05-21-2011, 08:36 AM
Time to take this off the, "let me get behind my safe computer screen where I can stoke the flames of personality traits and cultivate the human instinct of wanting to retaliate" (some people would call them flaws, I would call it what makes the world an interesting place to live in) and bring it into the real world.

Who here wants to get together for coffee and talk this out in person? I'm sure everyone is really interesting and has valid points of view when it comes to all of this and more. I'm up for this the week after REDucation (we will be a little busy next week teaching, but the week after - i'm buying coffee and scones for anyone that want's to join in the conversation)

(now somebody please make fun here on the forum that I like Scones... :-)

+ Ted

jake blackstone
05-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Count me in. I love scones:-)

Johnny Friday
05-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Yep, i'd like to add to this discussion that my RED MX SERIOUSLY --- OVERHEATS!!! It gives me a warning, then shuts down and no more shooting.

.....now for those that will read line two: Overheats with the RED RAID and battery mounted just over the heat vents when i put it in an aluminum underwater housing and take it into 97f water with almost no way to dissipate the heat. I must also point out that this occurs after about 45minutes and further i have a new option of small fans installed in "said" housing that circulate the stagnant heat to make for additional time to shoot before overheating.

.....on the serious side of things, having the SSD module.....this has virtually eliminated the problem. Oh....forgot to mention in arctic conditions I get fogging......but i won't blame that on the camera. but i do have a solution.

Ryan B
05-25-2011, 02:09 AM
Just stepped out of RED Studios and
Right now there are a bunch of guys along with 1 girl all going over the layout of how BAD FREAKING ASS this REDUCATION is going to be at REDstudios.

This is strictly Major League stuff, big kid Ted just went off the hinges.
Multiple stages, multiple setups, multiple learning locations, multiple computers, multiple cameras, multiple EVERYTHING. Its exciting to see how huge this is going to be from so many angles.

If you have already signed up, honestly NO bullshit your gonna love this and be blown away. You will have never seen a class like this, not even close.
Ive been to several workshops over the last 12 years and this sets a bar so high that its not even fair.

If you are on the fence about it JUMP ill catch ya.
If you don't have enough cash? BORROW you'll get your money back out in the field its that good.

But wait theres more.

To have Michael Cioni teach the Post is unreal now ive hung out with my fair share of post teachers, post production supervisors, edit gurus, post house owners and editors. And Michael kicks there ass up and down the block. Not only does he know what he's teaching, he's easy to understand and listen to. He speaks in a language we comprehend, I don't just mean English but he makes it understandable cuz this stuff can get confusing.

But wait theres more.
They are teaching advanced shooting technics and how to shoot with the cameras from DP Peter Holland
NICE.

Ive gotten to shoot with Peter Holland before and its an absolute pleasure to watch the guy set up and light a scene. This advanced cinematography class will add so much to the arsenal and your capabilities.

You all know TED and know theres nobody better so of course he heads up the classes.

This coupled with all of the hidden surprises they are planning and all the EPIC toys we will get to work with Is by far without a doubt the best possible class you can attend for a serious digital film maker and or post production person.

3D!!! nuff said.

I know i missed lots of stuff but if you want to learn more you need to go to the page
http://www.red.com/learn/reducation

Really.. its gonna be good.

Luis

That didn't get me excited one bit. Sounded like some bogus infomercial. "If you don't have enough cash? BORROW you'll get your money back out in the field its that good."

That was probably the trigger line that set Jakes tone and responses. Ha...it was pretty convincing but no I'm not going to sell my left arm to attend...though it sounds pretty tempting...lol.

Look all joking aside:

I think Red is Awesome. Finally someone to just do it(like NIke-good job JJ). So I was at NAB 2006 and stopped by the Red booth. I knew little about it other than it was something cool that was buzzin' in the air and something that was rumored to change everything. A camera like no other and one that was priced much more affordable compared to other options(what options)?! I got my photo by the booth with my phone lol. Jump a few years later. I've been on Red reading the various post and trying to learn as much as possible and stay excited about a product I may never be able to afford or use. Anyway I watched someones work here by the name of BigLu. I sent him a DM and was probably asking a bunch of ridiculous questions and commenting OMG love your work, I so wanna do what your doing-you get the point. Well the dood totally hit me back and was like hey man if you have any questions give me a call or whatever. I was like huh...um for real. Long story short I ended up meeting the big lu at NAB. He was totally open about everything he was doing, was very passionate, we shared a lot of the same passions and similar stories, even worked with some of the same folks. So basically I'm just saying this dood turned out to be a great guy. Have never gotten the I'm better than you cause I shoot RED. He's always listened, gave me encouragement to keep pushing and even said just go shoot with what you got man.

So that's my two cents. Thanks for the post. I hope to someday be shooting with RED. I hope others who are RED shooters are as open and nice to me as Lu has been to me.

Keep kickin' butt out there and continue to share the exciting stuff going on at RED.

I don't know you Jake so I have nothing to say bad about ya...but I'm a super passionate guy and I could have totally said the same thing and it would be a real bummer if someone came in and totally tore me a new one. I'm just a small fry...I guess Big Lu will be ok...he's a beast of a man...lol...!

Ryanb.

ps: also have to say that michael dood was absolutely open and totally willing to help me, gave me his card and said call me anytime. Again he was one other person who is very knowledgeable and he was like ya man just call me I'm happy to help(ha...he's probably too busy these days, that was before he started his new company but anyway he was super cool and willing to share).

pss: also ran into Ted walking down the NAB floor. I'm sure I seemed like an eager RED wannabee but he was cool and didn't seem like hey man I don't got time to chat. He chatted as he headed to another interview. That's all good. Oh and the JJ man was cool too. So overall I've met a few cool RED peeps. I have met some that were not as nice too...but if you don't have anything nice to say...better to say nothing at all.

Peace everyone. Just stay passionate and keep pushing. Don't knock a passionate person...especially one who is so willing to help others!

Btw Jake I took a look at your site. Nice Work man...I bet if you colored a Ginsu Commercial there wouldn't be anyone who wouldn't buy it cause it would look so good someone wouldn't be able to contain themselves and buy a set for everyone..?! =)

BigLu
05-25-2011, 03:04 AM
Huge class
4K Barco projector
Bigger screen than most theaters
EPIC cameras
Scarlet camera
Zooms & Primes
REDRocketzz
Computer stations
Coast To Coast Hollywood to OFFHollywood class extension via watching, listing and communicating with each other threw the WEB.
ProEFVs
SSD modules / cards
Pinewood guys are here
Bustamentes here
Students from Brazil, Europe, India, Japan, Kuwait, Canada, pretty much all corners of the world.

And this was just Day 1.

Class prep
http://redicecream.com/biglu/REDUSER/REDUCATION%20Prep.jpg

TED talks with NY.
http://redicecream.com/biglu/REDUSER/Web%20coast%20to%20coast.jpg

http://redicecream.com/biglu/REDUSER/36K.jpg

4K BARCO
http://redicecream.com/biglu/REDUSER/4K%20Barco.jpg

4K image on a huge wall.
http://redicecream.com/biglu/REDUSER/BIG%20screen.jpg

Building cameras
http://redicecream.com/biglu/REDUSER/Camera%20build.jpg