PDA

View Full Version : Hey Jim, how's about a contest?

Elizabeth
01-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Now that the REDUSER community has had their fun speculating on Scarlet, its time to up the ante;
I think that RED should hold a contest for NAB.

The first annual "Speculation Awards" ... going to the person who can bring the Speculation of Scarlet (physical design and tech specs) closest to it's actuality.

Suggested prize being (what else?) a Scarlet!

How fun would that be?:)

PS: There really does not need to being any speculations posted on this thread until this idea becomes actual (there are several threads filled with miles and miles of speculation already).

Cüneyt Kaya
01-21-2008, 01:12 PM
ehhm maybe red is reading the speculation and wishing threads about scarlet...and will include some ideas or get rid off some of their own ideas?

Radoslav Karapetkov
01-21-2008, 01:27 PM
Good idea, gotta crank up my cerebrum.

sceneeast
01-21-2008, 01:41 PM
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, complete the entry form from RED to be eligible, entries must be completed and received on or by the closing date of the draw. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. All entries shall become the property of RED. Red is not responsible for lost, misdirected or delayed entries. Entries received by telephone, fax, courier or personal delivery will not be accepted.:)

Shawn Nelson
01-21-2008, 01:52 PM
Jim is a very generous man in the deals he gives, but i have never known him to give anything for free. Besides, why should he? Everyone is speculating out the wazoo for free.

But above all, they haven't even asked for our help on Scarlet. For all we know, it's ready to go.

Sorry to be the killjoy, but until they ask for speculation/wishlists, it's all just a parlor game

Cüneyt Kaya
01-21-2008, 05:26 PM
maybe you are right.
maybe not.

think about redcine, its free.
think about the red one....things changed.
scarlet is probably ready, but why not listen to the people? Other companys are making market researchs to know what their customers want to have, are willing to pay for something etc.
red gets this info here for free.
so i think they are listening and maybe will change/add/delete few things before NAB...
but i dont believe in a contest.

noclip
01-21-2008, 06:40 PM
It'd be even better if they held a contest for three RED ONEs, and the criteria to win would be being me.

Jeremy Hughes
01-22-2008, 07:41 AM
It'd be a lot of work reading them all. And then when they finally get the final specifications, they'll have to do it again.

Elizabeth
01-22-2008, 08:10 AM
... it's all just a parlor game

That's my point exactly ... and every great parlor game deserves a prize!

sloz
01-22-2008, 09:23 AM
why we can´t play our parlor game?
But it´s not only a game.
Obviously: the people from red enterprise wants to know how their customers imagine the new product, and what all of us expect of Scarlet too.

Phil D
01-22-2008, 10:41 AM
It'd be even better if they held a contest for three RED ONEs, and the criteria to win would be being me.

LOL that's funny. :)

Eugene
01-25-2008, 09:26 PM
i have never known him to give anything for free.

I got my G-DRIVE mini free from RED when I won the contest they had way back on dvxuser. Thanks again Jim. :) People really do win on Mtv, I mean dvxuser. I am still waiting on the t-shirt though. I think they forgot about that. :(

Hrvoje Simic
01-26-2008, 04:41 AM
I am still waiting on the t-shirt though. I think they forgot about that. :(

If you're referring to Think Tank - same here.