PDA

View Full Version : Meizler Module

Jarred Land
04-16-2012, 01:07 AM
Taking orders this week. $13,000. Ships in the summer.

Come see it working in our booth.

Built in FIZ Wireless Lens Control. Built in Wireless Audio. Built in Wireless Timecode. More Lemo outputs than you can shake a stick at.

http://www.redgrabs.com/up/1334642289.jpg

Charlie_Grinnell
04-16-2012, 01:08 AM
holy shit.

Trevor Meeks
04-16-2012, 01:08 AM
ha... rad

And that must be a 9" touch :)

Charlie_Grinnell
04-16-2012, 01:09 AM
badass!

CocoBermudez
nice...

Ketch Rossi
Wow that is so tiny, incredible power in that little BOX, we'll need ot have several of these... ;)

Phil Holland
There be a battery on the back of that beast!

Ryan Nichols
Looks like the 9” screen on it too....

Tehben Dean
04-16-2012, 01:10 AM
Sweet! What about that big 'ol touch screen :D

Antonio Forjaz
cool

Kenneth Williams
That is a huge monitor!

Chris McKechnie
WOW!

Michael Kromschroeder
04-16-2012, 01:12 AM
I love the monitor :-)

Stirling Bancroft
04-16-2012, 01:12 AM
Is that a new bottom plate on the bottom of the camera?

Trevor Meeks
04-16-2012, 01:15 AM
There be a battery on the back of that beast!

good catch, Phil. It does appear to be... makes sense! Nice :)

Chris Hocking
04-16-2012, 01:16 AM
For those not at NAB... Any more specs on this?

What audio and timecode transmitters are compatible with it?

Can't wait to test this out on a shoot!

Cüneyt Kaya
04-16-2012, 01:18 AM
13 is almost a gift!

Mike Halper
04-16-2012, 01:26 AM
Can this be considered an alternative to Pro I/O or like an Advanced Pro I/O? Will it give us the 2nd LCD/EVF output? Basically, what are all the connections on there?

Jarred Land
04-16-2012, 01:28 AM
Is that a new bottom plate on the bottom of the camera?

The plate is part of the module.. it runs cables under the camera out to the middle of the front below the grill of the brain that you plug your motors into.. super streamlined.. almost cable free :)

Zeb B
04-16-2012, 01:29 AM
Brain freeze . . . too many inputs and options to comprehend. Ship all of it and I'm all yours sailor

Tehben Dean

It almost looks like that is part of the module. and it plugs right in to all the connections on the bottom of the camera maybe?

Chris Hocking
The plate is part of the module.. it runs cables under the camera out to the middle of the front below the grill of the brain that you plug your motors into.. super streamlined.. almost cable free :)

Can we see a photo from the front of the camera?

Erich Ocean
04-16-2012, 01:30 AM
If I'm viewing this correctly, there are no other modules you can attach if you use this, correct? It seems to consume the ports in the back-bottom, and then there's the battery adaptor.

Having said that, it looks freaking awesome. The $13K makes it a non-impulse buy, but considering what it does (and how compactly it does it), I could see myself getting one.

Tehben Dean
04-16-2012, 01:31 AM

Does it still lock in to the Quickrelease baseplate system?

Evin Grant
04-16-2012, 01:34 AM
What is used for recievng the HD wireless signal?

James Mccloud
04-16-2012, 01:46 AM

Wow! thats pretty dope. #Salute!

Carlo Rho
04-16-2012, 01:48 AM
Built in FIZ Wireless Lens Control. Built in Wireless Audio. Built in Wireless Timecode. More Lemo outputs than you can shake a stick at.

What is used for recievng the HD wireless signal?

HD wireless signal has disappeared? I was pretty intrested in it... with HD-SDI flags on!!

So the camera goes up and what's happen with bars distance? New ultraslim without quickrelease baseplate to compansate?

Yannick Sadler
04-16-2012, 01:52 AM
Very small indeed.

If I understand correctly, when we use this module, it has to be alone with the brain. Correct? Does it have an extra monitor port? If not, can we put a +1 module adapter between it and the brain?

Bob Minervini
04-16-2012, 01:52 AM
unbelivable from an AC point of view!!!!

Phil Holland
04-16-2012, 02:30 AM

Here's another one. Did anybody notice that's the 9" LCD Touch. News on that I assume soon? Come on you're not asleep yet.

F. Malmer
04-16-2012, 02:43 AM
What happened to the wireless HD-video transfer? Still in there or will it be a separate module. Detailed specs of this module would be great. :)

Vico Martin
04-16-2012, 02:57 AM
Yep!, where´s the wireless HD video?

Alex.Mitchell
04-16-2012, 03:12 AM
Maybe I missed it, but I'm not sure I've seen this info anywhere; how does this module receive wireless audio? Is it a proprietary spec of RED's design, with RED TXs available, or does it work with third party audio solutions?

Peter Johnson
04-16-2012, 05:44 AM
Please tell me you can put a Dionic on the back of that thing. Can you swap out the v-mount for a gold mount? Oh please, oh please....

Bérenger Brillante
04-16-2012, 06:15 AM
about ther bottom plate, if we use the +1 monitor Module Adaptor, does it works smoothly ? I mean does it fit ?

And +1 for the HD wireless signal, is it still there?

Richard Luke
04-16-2012, 08:28 AM
Cable free design is brilliant.

Marko Hocevar
04-16-2012, 10:46 AM
uff, all those announcements are just overwhelming ...

DeaneThrussell
04-16-2012, 11:08 AM
never wonna knock all this new cool stuff but the wireless video signal made this very intresting , i'd hate to put a wavi on this and have the nightmare of not being able to change a ssd without it getting the way. also it wouldnt look quite as neat.

Carter Cammack
04-16-2012, 11:52 AM
Perfect. Just needs a Redmote Pro and an electronic zoom and we can crane it.

Michael Panfeld
04-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Not sure what is going on but in all the new product posts, all I can see is a dot (period) in the 1st post. maybe its a computer issue? I am on a PC, is RED posting in some kind of Apple-only format?

Dennis Guskov
04-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Yeah, is that a 9" LCD I'm seeing on top of that tiny camera? Wait a minute, I thought it was a Meizler Module thread!
:)

Doug Beatty
04-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Dear Jim- Partner with Zaxcom! Please! Both of you have forums and actually take the time to listen to your customers because you care about all of us and actually respond to our feedback.

Also, you are not content to sit on your laurels and wait for the competition to catch up. Those are the people I want to do business with.

It's pedal to the medal and I'm on the same level.

Glenn and Jim- It's a match made in heaven!

MattV
04-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Not sure what is going on but in all the new product posts, all I can see is a dot (period) in the 1st post. maybe its a computer issue? I am on a PC, is RED posting in some kind of Apple-only format?

I don't know but I am on a mac and I can see the pics at home but not here at work same mac computer. So I go outside and use the iphone to see the pics.

Jeffrey T. Morgan
04-16-2012, 12:49 PM
More Pictures! :-D

Lewis-M Soucy
04-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Here's another one. Did anybody notice that's the 9" LCD Touch. News on that I assume soon? Come on you're not asleep yet.

Me like that monitor... More infos please!

Kevin Wild
04-16-2012, 08:53 PM
Jarred, great meeting you today and thanks for sharing. I did have one question or thing that might need to be cleared up about this module.

I asked at the booth what wireless audio could be transmitted to it. I think you mentioned Zaxom is what has been tested. However, the Zaxcom guys said a couple things when I mentioned it to them:
-That their wireless transmission is proprietary.
-That it's most likely only a single track for reference and not usable, broadcast quality, stereo tracks of audio.

Can you comment on these? Besides the cost of the module, we'll need to add in the fact that we may need to go Zaxcom if that is the only one that works with it. I'm also wondering if the audio is truly only for reference or if it's meant to be usable audio.

Thanks a ton. This has great potential.

Kevin

Jarred Land
04-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Heh heh .. Zaxom is just one option that is currently being used in multiple film sets with the Meizler module as we speak. Just like the lens control works across multiple manufactures, so does the audio. If Zaxom is suggesting that their wireless audio is not "good enough" , that is their call not ours, we just ingest what they give us :)

Not that it really matters though.. people using this module likely are only recording audio to camera as a scratch track... it is being sent from a sound guy that is going to be recording the master himself.

Kevin Wild
04-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Well, they actually did say admit it IS NOT broadcast quality if you & others were using the ERX1, which is an IFB-type device. The one they sell that is b'cast quality is closer to $3,000 and can do 2 stereo channels. I take it that it is this device which also means only a single channel of audio, right? But they did say that their wireless transmission was definitely not the same as others. I guess you guys will figure that out...if it will also be able to take Sony, AT, Sennheiser, etc.

Thanks for confirmation. Still a fantastic module, but people should probably know it's reference audio only. That is important to me, probably more important than the lens control for the type of work we do.

Thanks again. Great job with everything.

Kevin

Caleb Heymann
04-17-2012, 12:55 AM
Can anyone in Vegas confirm that this does in fact transmit picture as planned? If so, what is being used as a video receiver?

Mike Halper
04-17-2012, 02:30 AM
Can we get more details on the wireless HD transmission module? It was shown in the Landmine video on Vimeo, but it wasn't the Meizler Module doing it as was originally mentioned in the Recon section a few weeks ago. Or is it in fact part of the Meizler Module?

Jarred Land
04-17-2012, 02:33 AM
Can we get more details on the wireless HD transmission module? It was shown in the Landmine video on Vimeo, but it wasn't the Meizler Module doing it as was originally mentioned in the Recon section a few weeks ago. Or is it in fact part of the Meizler Module?

The single wireless module and the Meizler module share the exact same wireless video and audio transmission hardware :)

Mike Halper
04-17-2012, 02:37 AM
Awesome. What are all the connections on the Meizler? Specifically, does it have an LCD/EVF out? Does it use up the SDI or any other connections on the brain?

Adrian T.
04-17-2012, 02:48 AM
The single wireless module and the Meizler module share the exact same wireless video and audio transmission hardware :)

Then you should probably update your first post. You forgot to mention the wireless video part, which is HUGE imo.

Patrick Grossien
04-17-2012, 03:09 AM

Jarred, do update the OP with the wireless video info ;)
And please please please, post some more on the wireless module ... loved the landmine vimeo clip!
Anything about due dates, pricing, how stable this would be for recording
offline hd clips, timecode included and what not :D

thanks so much - the NAB left behinds

nick allsop
04-17-2012, 05:29 AM
Does the Meizler module work with the Red quick release platform?

Brian Wells
04-17-2012, 07:24 AM

Good to know both modules share the same exact hardware. Although some were probably hoping for HD-SDI without going through a HDMI-HDSDI converter on the receive end, the integrated aspect of the transmitter is still compelling. Looks great!

Jarred Land
04-17-2012, 10:37 AM
wireless video is not complete in the Meizler module yet... so its not working at the show and not in the release :)

Justin Marx
04-17-2012, 02:41 PM
So Jarred, is it the "Meizler (http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?77183-Meizler-Module/page5)-M" with a 2 year warranty?? ;-)

Esteban Sosnitsky
04-17-2012, 09:48 PM
So wait.. is there a wireless module and the meizler module????

Paul Ellington
04-21-2012, 03:55 PM

Saving up for this one for sure ... outdid yourselves as usual Jarred... You're spoiling us.

Jake Wilganowski
04-21-2012, 04:08 PM
WAIT. Where is the info on the stand alone wireless module? How is this not posted everywhere? How much is it?

Stuart English
04-22-2012, 09:43 AM
So wait.. is there a wireless module and the meizler module????

Yes. The Meizler module provides a superset of wireless Rx and Tx functions.

The wireless module is smaller and transmits 1080p resolution video over wireless.

Details on price and availability for that at the matching receiver will be available soon.

nick allsop
04-23-2012, 01:38 AM
Can you use the Meizler module with the +1 monitor adapter?

Glen David Miller
04-23-2012, 02:32 AM
If there is an independent wireless module, then, is there the chance of an independent Wireless Lens Control module (2 or 3 channel) that might list for $3K or less as well?

PLEASE!!?? :D

-Glen

Jarred Land
04-23-2012, 02:34 AM
If there is an independent wireless module, then, is there the chance of an independent Wireless Lens Control module (2 or 3 channel) that might list for $3K or less as well?

PLEASE!!?? :D

-Glen

heh heh heh not yet.

Michael Lindsay
04-23-2012, 03:32 AM
Can you use the Meizler module with the +1 monitor adapter?

I really don't think so as J said it attaches straight to the camera and the shape would not work at all if a +1 was used.. but I would like to be wrong so lets hope there is some way??

Gary Jones
04-23-2012, 04:53 AM
How does this module fit with the quick release system? Am I right in thinking the addition to the bottom means that when you use the QRS and the 19mm rails bolted on that the distance will no longer be standard?

Dan Carr
04-23-2012, 05:53 PM
I stumbled across a second Meizler module in the 3ality booth that was all wired up. I've posted a bunch of pictures of it and it gives you a bit more of an idea about how it fits around the brain.

http://provideocoalition.com/index.php/dcarr/story/hands_on_with_red_3ality_technicas_meizler_module_ for_epic/

Jarred Land
04-23-2012, 05:54 PM
Thanks Dan!

fREDeric ChAMbERlAnd
04-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Thank you Dan for those pictures. The last picture shows the 2 remotes (from 3ality and Preston) and it is clearly the HU2 from Preston on display (the older generation) . My question is for Jarred: Will the Meizler be compatible with the latest offering from Preston (HU3 with G4 upgrade) ? I just upgraded all my Preston equipment to G4 and want to make sure it's all compatible.

Michael Lindsay
04-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Wireless lens control.* Currently compatible with Preston and 3ality controllers.* ARRI controllers are being worked on as well.

From PVC.... Arri would be great... True??

Brian F Kobylarz
04-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Could be an optical delusion I'm experiencing, but from the photos Dan has in his article, it would appear that if you want to make use of the D Tap connector, you would lose two of the Lemo 12V outputs due to physical interference.

Or is there enough room to use all if you plug in the D Tap cable first?

Peter Plevritis
04-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Yes. The Meizler module provides a superset of wireless Rx and Tx functions.

The wireless module is smaller and transmits 1080p resolution video over wireless.

Details on price and availability for that at the matching receiver will be available soon.

The multiple receivers possible from one transmitter?

Sven Seynaeve
04-23-2012, 08:11 PM
so, not sure if I'm reading this right, but wireless video will come with meizler after release in an update???

Joe Kleber
04-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Taking orders this week.

Jarred

Is there a new target date for orders yet?

Jarred Land
04-25-2012, 12:10 PM
Thank you Dan for those pictures. The last picture shows the 2 remotes (from 3ality and Preston) and it is clearly the HU2 from Preston on display (the older generation) . My question is for Jarred: Will the Meizler be compatible with the latest offering from Preston (HU3 with G4 upgrade) ? I just upgraded all my Preston equipment to G4 and want to make sure it's all compatible.

That's up to Preston.. right now it works with the HU2 and the Element THC hand units.

Ketch Rossi
04-25-2012, 12:15 PM
That's up to Preston.. right now it works with the HU2 and the Element THC hand units.

cMOTION please... Still the best in the world, and what we have moved to... ;)

Jarred Land
04-25-2012, 12:16 PM
cMotion is already on the list :)

Ketch Rossi
04-25-2012, 12:23 PM

Fantastic!!

fREDeric ChAMbERlAnd
04-25-2012, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the answer. Unusual to have such new hardware compatible with discontinued items from other manufacturers. Glad to have raised a flag here and I will make sure Howard (Preston) and his crew knows about this issue so everyone can talk to each other. Hopefully they are already aware of that issue . Let's give that Meizler all the bells and whistles it deserves (lens mapping for one).
Cheers.

Joe Kleber
04-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Could be an optical delusion I'm experiencing, but from the photos Dan has in his article, it would appear that if you want to make use of the D Tap connector, you would lose two of the Lemo 12V outputs due to physical interference.

Or is there enough room to use all if you plug in the D Tap cable first?

While at NAB, I was told that there is still no final design for this thing. Hopefully, if that is an issue, it gets resolved for the final version. There seems to be a lot products out there that are not friendly to the location of D Taps.

I still have hope that the final design will allow for additional DSMC modules on the back! :yesnod:

Patrick Grossien
04-25-2012, 04:01 PM
cMOTION please... Still the best in the world, and what we have moved to... ;)

and it still holds true: you get to play with all the cool toys ;)

Björn Benckert
04-25-2012, 04:22 PM
While at NAB, I was told that there is still no final design for this thing. Hopefully, if that is an issue, it gets resolved for the final version. There seems to be a lot products out there that are not friendly to the location of D Taps.

I still have hope that the final design will allow for additional DSMC modules on the back! :yesnod:

+ 1

We put our money on 12 red volts, 2 red volts XL, 2 travel chargers, Quad bat chager...
And we look forward to order the +1 monitor module. and would like the pro i/o swell

And then this thing gets out looking all fancy pantsy but also kind of closing all other doors.

I hope it gets modified before it stars to ship so it has the module mount in the back. then if people want to use bricks then they can buy the normal V lock plates and such... or?

:willy_nilly:

Patrick Grossien
04-25-2012, 04:38 PM

Or maybe in front of the module...

Patrick Grossien
04-25-2012, 04:43 PM
+ 1

We put our money on 12 red volts, 2 red volts XL, 2 travel chargers, Quad bat chager...
And we look forward to order the +1 monitor module. and would like the pro i/o swell

And then this thing gets out looking all fancy pantsy but also kind of closing all other doors.

I hope it gets modified before it stars to ship so it has the module mount in the back. then if people want to use bricks then they can buy the normal V lock plates and such... or?

:willy_nilly:

I would only assume that this is such a power hungry beast that there's no real other way and especially not if they are trying to keep it small and light. But I don't really understand the reason for making this an end piece.

Brian F Kobylarz
04-26-2012, 10:31 AM

+++

Too many doors that would be closed if this becomes an "exclusive" module.
Front is obviously design locked due to interconnections and the bottom cable tray.
Being able to mount another module to the back could be essential very quickly;

Spanning SSD's working aerials or submersibles - or on a crane.
Extending power past the capacity of a single brick since the DC input to the brain is blocked - preventing use of a VCLX block or AC supply.
Adding a second on-board monitor.
Just to name a couple...

Glad to hear it is not finalized - I'm confident all good suggestions will be considered.

Jarred Land
04-26-2012, 11:13 AM
No modules on the back..

Tim Whitcomb
04-26-2012, 11:29 AM
No modules on the back..

Can it be added to the back of modules or only back of Brain?

nick allsop
04-27-2012, 03:38 AM
If there is still no final design on this module and we can't add modules to it, a monitor port should be added. Also the D tap could go on the other side of the battery plate. Then this module would be perfect.

Erich Roland
04-27-2012, 04:30 AM

The RT-Motion wireless units are excellent products as well guys.

Sidney L. Plaut
04-27-2012, 04:33 AM
+1 monitor port would make alot of sense:)
and a dtap that dont block the lemos (IF that is the case)
in the future the ability to use an arri wireless FF unit (since that is the standard here in Scandinavia) - if that is possible.

zak forrest
05-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Would love to see a module like this with just the timecode and wireless audio support. Is that in the cards at all Red team ?

Cliff Hokanson
05-06-2012, 09:53 AM
WOW This is great wil this work with SCORPIO focus handset? Cliff

bryanpapierski
05-17-2012, 12:26 PM
for those of us who know nothing about it can you plaeas list what is comes with (like what is used to transmit the audio?) and what it does?

Damien Molineaux
06-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Where, how can we order please ?
Cheers,
Damien

Magnus Peterson
06-29-2012, 04:26 AM
What happened with this module? When can we order?

paul engstrom
09-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Hi Jared,

Please let us know when/how to order (especially those of us that can't make IBC).

Thanks!

Norbert Jalitsch
11-16-2012, 01:28 PM

built in fiz wireless controls: would be sooooo cool not only to control ext. motors but also canon autofocus lenses :-)

Peter Majtan
11-19-2012, 08:18 PM
More pics from the last night's RED USER PARTY at RED JAPAN in Tokyo:

http://derylgroup.com/downloads/RED/RED_TOKYO/A021_C003_1119R5_1K.jpg
Note the +1 RED LCD/EVF output bellow the lens mount...

http://derylgroup.com/downloads/RED/RED_TOKYO/MeizlerLeft.jpg
Unobstructed D-tap on the left side...

http://derylgroup.com/downloads/RED/RED_TOKYO/MeizlerRight.jpg
DC power in (bottom LEMO)...

http://derylgroup.com/downloads/RED/RED_TOKYO/Goodies.jpg
The wireless HD receiver to convert the wireless video from the Meizler into HDMI...
Smaller REDMAG MINI to record the proxies...
iPad app to control the camera, Meizler and soooooooooo much more...
Wireless FIZ controller...

Jake Wilganowski
11-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Wait you mean a RED brand Fiz?!?! Redmote pro?!?!

Peter Majtan
11-19-2012, 08:47 PM
I have never said "RED brand FIZ". The Meizler is RED product. It is not clear whether the motors and remote that were used for the demo will be shipped (or available as an option) directly from RED, or a third party...

brett ogden
11-20-2012, 12:25 AM
How does the "red mote" work with the MM?

Peter Majtan
11-20-2012, 12:40 AM
How does the "red mote" work with the MM?

Now that is a good question...
My guess is that since You can program almost any function in the camera menus to the REDMOTE - providing the MEIZLER module adds items to the main menus of the camera (which is what it seems to be doing) - you should be able to control most of its functions. But I would not count on the FIZ control via REDMOTE (perhaps a REDMOTE PRO will do this)...

Peter

Patrick Grossien
11-20-2012, 04:24 AM
More pics from the last night's RED USER PARTY at RED JAPAN in Tokyo:

http://derylgroup.com/downloads/RED/RED_TOKYO/MeizlerLeft.jpg
Unobstructed D-tap on the left side...

Peter, what's the top part of the meizler? I always thought it's part of the module, but in your pictures it looks more like a rubber add-on?
Is it an antenna cover of some sort?

Peter Majtan
11-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Peter, what's the top part of the meizler? I always thought it's part of the module, but in your pictures it looks more like a rubber add-on?
Is it an antenna cover of some sort?

That would be my guess. Not sure of the material thou... Personally I was more interested in the Monochrome Epic then the Meizler... ;o)

Patrick Grossien
11-22-2012, 01:32 AM
That would be my guess. Not sure of the material thou... Personally I was more interested in the Monochrome Epic then the Meizler... ;o)

Why do I understand that so well? :) oh I know because the monochrome is so beautiful in the pictures it produces :)

But thanks for your answer. We will know soon enough I guess.

Nick Wernham
12-06-2012, 02:25 PM
We are so excited for the Meizler Module. Any information on when the various accessories might be available, Jarred?

Mike Halper
03-04-2013, 07:13 PM
Any new updates and info on shipping dates for the Meizler module and wireless HD receiver (and pricing)? It's been a while since ordering went online.

Will Keir
03-05-2013, 01:59 AM
Been wondering the same lately. I'd expect to see a lot of new information at NAB this year.

Andreas Mendritzki
03-14-2013, 07:52 AM
Any update on Meizler Preston compatibility?

David Haves
03-21-2014, 10:36 AM
Thought it was cancelled?

Tony Lorentzen
03-24-2014, 02:41 PM
The amount of money I'm assuming RED has poured into the development of this module - and it's still not shipping. Someone as RED must be furious why the finishing kinks haven't been ironed out long ago.

D Anderson
03-24-2014, 02:46 PM
The amount of money I'm assuming RED has poured into the development of this module - and it's still not shipping. Someone as RED must be furious why the finishing kinks haven't been ironed out long ago.

Although it is dead the R&D was/is being used in new products.

Björn Benckert
03-24-2014, 02:51 PM
I wish for a module that is the size of the +1 that has a pocket / slot for a bolt with cables for power and picture and the bolt antenna si sticking up above.. such module would sit so sweet in between the XL module and the +one...

Jake Wilganowski
03-24-2014, 02:56 PM
I wish for a module that is the size of the +1 that has a pocket / slot for a bolt with cables for power and picture and the bolt antenna si sticking up above.. such module would sit so sweet in between the XL module and the +one...

Action products makes this, except it's for the parralinx, same thing though

Jake Wilganowski
03-24-2014, 02:57 PM

Action products makes this, except it's for the parralinx, same thing though