PDA

View Full Version : How to edit AE skriptfiles

Rainer Fritz
02-18-2008, 11:04 AM
Hi !

Does anyone know how to edit this .jsx files from Adobe After Effects?

thx

rainer

Dj Joofa
02-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Hi !

Does anyone know how to edit this .jsx files from Adobe After Effects?

thx

rainer

Just open them in any text editor. On mac many defaults text editors come with standard installation.

Dj Joofa
02-18-2008, 11:12 AM
BTW, I have noticed that certain jsx files, since they are text files, depending upon where they are from, do not treat the carriage return / line feed properly, which causes problems on Mac and Windows, depending upon whether carriage return was missing or not.

A simple solution are utilities mac2unix, dos2unix, unix2dos, etc. Please search for them on the Internet.

Rainer Fritz
02-18-2008, 11:20 AM
THX opened it in Extendscript Toolkit by mac....

Dj Joofa
02-18-2008, 11:35 AM
THX opened it in Extendscript Toolkit by mac....

I think AE comes with a script editor and you can use that also.

John Tissavary
02-18-2008, 01:07 PM
BTW, I have noticed that certain jsx files, since they are text files, depending upon where they are from, do not treat the carriage return / line feed properly, which causes problems on Mac and Windows, depending upon whether carriage return was missing or not.

A simple solution are utilities mac2unix, dos2unix, unix2dos, etc. Please search for them on the Internet.

ULTRAEDIT (http://www.ultraedit.com/) - the best text editor I've ever used for windows. Can also color code and accept color code template for an astounding variety of script & programming languages. Can also do dos/unix formatting conversions if needed.

cheers,

jt

Dj Joofa
02-18-2008, 01:11 PM
ULTRAEDIT (http://www.ultraedit.com/) - the best text editor I've ever used for windows. Can also color code and accept color code template for an astounding variety of script & programming languages. Can also do dos/unix formatting conversions if needed.

cheers,

jt

emacs and its graphical version Xemacs are also great, and are free. Eclipse is also great -- but I think its overkill for a simple task of jsx editing.

BASSAM MSSALATIE
02-18-2008, 01:24 PM
is it suppose to know c++ language for edit :construction: those files correctly ?

Dj Joofa
02-18-2008, 01:51 PM
is it suppose to know c++ language for edit :construction: those files correctly ?

Are you talking about JSX files? It's helpful but not required to know Java/C++ for scripting in JSX, as the syntex is similar. Javascript is closest, and is recommended for programming in JSX.