PDA

View Full Version : UK cost?

Will Skinner
11-07-2012, 02:35 PM
After reading it would be sub $10k in the US, wondered whether it would be around the same price here, say 7k+. If that's the case it's amazing value and something I would consider investing in.
Has anyone any idea how close the US/UK pricing will be???

Andrew Usher
11-07-2012, 02:37 PM
I'll send you pm, just purchased a Scarlet today, but contact red Europe, customer service is awesome.

andrew

Steve Johnson
11-07-2012, 10:42 PM
No prices have been confirmed. I've always worked on an exchange rate of about $1.50 for every , so your guess would be pretty spot on. Remember that RED Europe will add on import tax and then VAT. If your going to purchase a fair amount of gear, get VAT registered so you can claim it back (if your a business).

The $10k price estimate was for the RED Projector, not REDRAY.

Im guessing the price will be about 7500+vat for UK.

:))

jimhare
11-08-2012, 12:01 AM
The RedRay is built into the projector so best of both worlds!

No prices have been confirmed. I've always worked on an exchange rate of about $1.50 for every , so your guess would be pretty spot on. Remember that RED Europe will add on import tax and then VAT. If your going to purchase a fair amount of gear, get VAT registered so you can claim it back (if your a business).

Will Skinner
11-08-2012, 11:23 AM

I'm not a business so would have to pay full or work something out! Would be a massive outlay for me financially but my present projector has lasted 10 years with one bulb change, that cost 1700 reduced from 2500, so expensive, but much cheaper then than a 42" plasma. If the red projector lasts that long at 7500 it's around 16 a week, which isn't much more than a 3d cinema ticket! Weird way to work it but Have to justify to myself weighing out 7500! :-)