PDA

View Full Version : Ship date?

Jimmy Grewal
01-09-2013, 04:36 AM
Does anyone have an update on expected ship dates for the REDRAY (player)? My guess is that the January ship date won't happen and that we may have to wait till the announcements at Sundance to get any official update. Knowing when I get my REDRAY will determine the purchase schedule for a 4K display.

Jeff Kilgroe
01-10-2013, 09:42 AM
RED and ODEMAX are supposed to give out more details at Sundance. We should know more by the end of next week, I think...

mark haflich
01-29-2013, 05:15 AM
I think not. Not a peep out of Odemax other than they were there and their presenters had the flu. Pretty sad that their target source market was there and not a word to content seekers like me.

As to a ship date for the Redray, i feel a lot better that it will be happening soon and I feel very confident ordering just a few days after the preorder opened that I will receive it before the first day of Spring.

Ryan Boyer
01-30-2013, 12:46 AM
I wished they shipped out this coming month.

mark haflich
02-08-2013, 07:18 AM
I wished they would say something about what is going on. The bomb squad guys either don't know anything, and if they don't, calling them bomb squad guys is a misnomer (they should know about bombs), and if they do know they aren't allowed to say anything. A simple it won't start shipping for at least X weeks would help even if they are not ready to ship in X weeks. But an update to orderers, their best customers, would be appropriate.

Jimmy Grewal
02-19-2013, 11:37 PM
The lack of an update on shipping doesn't instill confidence. Delays are ok, but not communicating with your customers is disrespectful.

Jarred Land
02-20-2013, 01:01 PM
There are REDRAY players out there in the field being tested, and manufacturing has begun, but remember the mass shipping date is still march as announced... at least that is still the target, since it is likely going to be the very end of march. We have a pretty good stockpile of actual hardware players built now, but we are waiting on software, some of it being 3rd party, so its hard to say when that will be done. out.

BTW.. Sundance was an ODEMAX event.. that was not a RED event.

And yes.. we suck for being shitty at keeping you in the loop on this one :)

Tom Greenberg
02-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Yeah, after all, it's not like you have much else on your plate...

thanks for the update!

William Albertini
02-20-2013, 01:31 PM
There are REDRAY players out there in the field being tested, and manufacturing has begun, but remember the mass shipping date is still march as announced... at least that is still the target, since it is likely going to be the very end of march. We have a pretty good stockpile of actual hardware players built now, but we are waiting on software, some of it being 3rd party, so its hard to say when that will be done. out.

Excellent news, this should also help damp down the brushfires that have been erupting of late on Reduser...

Jarred Land
02-20-2013, 03:59 PM
Thanks for understanding guys. The good news is the encodes to .RED format are so incredible ( many times better than even shown at CES ) some very trained eyes that have been watching these over the last couple weeks are pretty blown away.

Ill try and assemble some sort of update on RECON later.. so much going on its hard to breath :)

Sergio Perez
02-20-2013, 07:24 PM

This is great news. I will personally invest in one to showcase Red 4K. I'm in the middle of an important instalation/Film and will shoot 5K 2:1. This project is to be displayed in May in an European event. I really, really hope this will be available for that. It would kick serious ass to do it. In November, I'll have a film to show in a controlled theatre environment so I'm seriously considering using redray to showcase it. Keep us posted Jarred!!

Jimmy Grewal
02-20-2013, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the update. Having some clarity on real ship dates will help me time the purchase of a 4K display. Based on what you've said I will hold off till next month for a further shipping update.

mark haflich
02-21-2013, 10:01 PM
Thanks Mr. Land for the update. I am going to revise my prediction of an estimated ship day to by May 1. Why not April 1st? You are by far too much of an optimist. Me? I think Professor Murphy of Murphy's law was an incurable optimist.

And do you think perhaps some 4K demo content might be preloaded given the amazing progress Odemax seems to be not making. i am just a home theater guy looking for content to display on my existing 4K projector. It would be much appreciated. The only thing I can see now is some lower resolution internally scaled to 4K. Thanks once again.

Harry Stanton
03-02-2013, 05:49 AM
Thanks for understanding guys. The good news is the encodes to .RED format are so incredible ( many times better than even shown at CES ) some very trained eyes that have been watching these over the last couple weeks are pretty blown away.

Ill try and assemble some sort of update on RECON later.. so much going on its hard to breath :)

Great news. Looking forward to it.

mark haflich
03-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Well one more day till the end of March and its not shipping. Its not Red's fault, its the third party software developer's I am sure and Red should not in anyway be accountable just because they hired them. Anyone want to take a bet it it won't ship in April either? Maybe we will see Odemax's big roll out tomorrow. It was promised by Odemax in March or is Odemax dead like I think? Without content the Redray is useless for 4K projector owners like me so I don't mind Reds delay with the Redray, I am sure the more time Red takes the better a product it will be.

Eric Santiago
03-29-2013, 05:28 AM
For us, we would like to test it on the Christie MicroTiles with our own footage.

Since we dont have the MicroTiles and a 4K monitor, we can wait it out.