And many more to come!

Ciao,

KETCH ROSSI

Radoslav Karapetkov
03-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Yeah. :)

number6
03-09-2008, 09:54 AM
This worries hell out of me... The bigger you get, the further back we (the little people) fall.

Jannard
03-09-2008, 10:15 AM
This worries hell out of me... The bigger you get, the further back we (the little people) fall.

We started with Peter Jackson and we are still here... :-)

Jim

G.A. Kokes
03-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Congratulations. I am sure more will come

Cheers,
G

laguun
03-09-2008, 10:20 AM
"The Red camera is extraordinary. The Redvolution marks the tipping point
of the democratization of filmmaking." Dean Devlin

Independence Day, FlyBoys, etc.

Jim

congratulations - well earned compliment!

number6
03-09-2008, 10:24 AM

Jim

I know, just figured you were going to get loads of kudos and thought I would throw in a little dissent for balance.

Speaking of balance, You're a billionaire and I'm not... that said, I offer this advice. Whip up a RED logo decal and fly it out to Atlanta reeeeeuhl fast! Make a deal with the ouner of the Travis Kwapil (kvapil) white Ford Fusion #28 to put that decal on the hood for the race.

Hurry Jim! The race is about to start!:excl:

edit: Never mind. Someone already beat you to it. They just said Kavapil got a one week sponsor deal already.

Corrado Silveri
03-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Every time someone of the "Big ones" speak well about Red, I'm feeling proud.
It's like I feel myself to be part of the company.
It's a good feeling.

Bravo!

LAprod
03-09-2008, 12:40 PM
What is the problem of Peter Jackson with RED? Because The Lovely Bones shot on film...

Gian Joon
03-09-2008, 12:46 PM
What is the problem of Peter Jackson with RED? Because The Lovely Bones shot on film...

PJ has ordered 6 REDONEs. So I do not think he has any problem with RED.

Jannard
03-09-2008, 12:57 PM

We could not get all the features he needed implemented before shooting began. And film is not a bad option. BTW, he has more than 6 on order.

Jim

Poi Boy
03-09-2008, 01:36 PM
" BTW, he has more than 6 on order."

Jim[/QUOTE]

How cool is that ?
Aloha
-A

number6
03-09-2008, 02:58 PM
I know, just figured you were going to get loads of kudos and thought I would throw in a little dissent for balance.

Speaking of balance, You're a billionaire and I'm not... that said, I offer this advice. Whip up a RED logo decal and fly it out to Atlanta reeeeeuhl fast! Make a deal with the ouner of the Travis Kwapil (kvapil) white Ford Fusion #28 to put that decal on the hood for the race.

Hurry Jim! The race is about to start!:excl:

edit: Never mind. Someone already beat you to it. They just said Kavapil got a one week sponsor deal already.

Just finished watching the race and I was consciously watching to see who sponsored the #28. Never did find out. I will offer no more marketing advice.

Nick Wolf
03-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Way to go Jimbo!

Dog.

laguun
03-09-2008, 04:01 PM

Jim

hrrhrr - that was almost one year ago, and i remember that the employees here were all staring at the shots of your plane in new zealand in the internet... everybody was "what are they doing there?!"

Joffy
03-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Hey Jim,

The way RED is revolutionizing the industry it won't be long before you are quoting some of us.

Best,
Joffy

Jannard
03-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Hey Jim,

The way RED is revolutionizing the industry it won't be long before you are quoting some of us.

Best,
Joffy

I'm waiting for official useable quotes from you guys...

Jim

Corey Culp
03-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Any Red coverage is good coverage.

Unfortunately, Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich make crap movies, and it doesn't look like that's going to stop anytime soon considering their track record.

wshultz
03-09-2008, 10:48 PM

Unfortunately, Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich make crap movies, and it doesn't look like that's going to stop anytime soon considering their track record.

Considering such an astute and important observation, I can only assume you've made better and more successful movies and have earned the right to make such judgements. Great contribution.

Clint Johnson
03-09-2008, 11:14 PM

Critiques of the storyline are a personal thing and separate from the observation that Devlin usually manages to produce aesthetically pleasing visuals- unlike Soderbergh who will often produce exceptionally ugly visuals when he feels that the production or story warrants it.

I personally can't see the draw of that... but Steve seems to be doin' alright without my guidance.

PMascetta
03-09-2008, 11:18 PM

Jim

Not like this was a bad starting point ;)

Corey Culp
03-10-2008, 12:43 AM
Considering such an astute and important observation, I can only assume you've made better and more successful movies and have earned the right to make such judgements. Great contribution.

As a potential customer who has to sit through the TV ads and trailers for their movies, I deserve to criticize their inability to tell a story.

As I posted, I still think any press is good press for Red. Devlin is a player who's comments regarding Red can only mean good things for it's adoption on a larger scale.

Christian Edwards
03-10-2008, 12:46 AM
I'm waiting for official useable quotes from you guys...

Jim
you wont need quotes Jim...... you'll have blockbuster independent films that speak for themselves !

Jannard
03-10-2008, 12:51 AM
OK to pay raise for Sean... :-)

Jim

Christian Edwards
03-10-2008, 01:00 AM

Jim
Thanks Jim! ..... now i just need to ask my boss

Corey Culp
03-10-2008, 01:05 AM

Jim

I always dig that you're up this late all of the time. Who knew the guy behind my Oakley .5s on my Redline 25 years ago would be "part" of my life now? :)

Jannard
03-10-2008, 01:26 AM
How can anyone sleep when we are having so much fun!?!?

Jim

Corrado Silveri
03-10-2008, 01:34 AM
No sleep here, Jim... Ok, it's 9:30AM in Italy, still here from yesterday!

Mark Toia
03-10-2008, 05:56 AM
I told my 2 biggest clients today (Mazda & GM) that we are going to shot RED 4k for all of there AD's from now on.
I gave them both a small taste of what they will receive, showed them a 4k raw still frame from moving footage blown up to a AO sized poster, which they loved, because now they can use frames from there TVC's to use on billboards, super-sites, Press ad's etc etc....

Every AD we do for them now is Cinema ready & HD ready.
They save more than 20k per ad alone in film and processing.
One light (first light grades) at 700 per hour are now history.
The list just went on and on.....

There smiles were as big as a dropped water melon.

With the worlds economy balancing on a knifes edge at the moment, this new tool came along at just the right time for producers as well there clients.

Thanks RED team.

Jaime Vallés
03-10-2008, 07:45 AM
"The Red camera is extraordinary. The Redvolution marks the tipping point
of the democratization of filmmaking." Dean Devlin

Independence Day, FlyBoys, etc.

Jim

This is a great quote, coming from someone used to working on some of Hollywood's biggest, slickest blockbusters. Congratulations!

If I may ask, could you tell us the circumstances surrounding the quote? Was it at a public screening of some sort, or a private demonstration? Or is it strictly under NDA? :shiftyph34r:

jpp
03-10-2008, 08:18 AM
This is a great quote, coming from someone used to working on some of Hollywood's biggest, slickest blockbusters.

Yeah, and it's the usual self-serving nonsense, because Devlin knows full well that film is the cheapest commodity on a movie set. When Hollywood types start touting "democratization", the next question should be: when do you intend to start making movies with "democratic" budgets?

Thor Wixom
03-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Jim, here's a quotable quote...

I shot a feature on DV. It was looked by two major distrubutors. They turned it down because the image was not high enough quality. At the time, I couldn't afford to shoot on anything else...my hands were tied. With the Red, that will never be a problem again. What does Red mean to me? It's the difference between being an unknown dreamer and a rising star. Red is freedom.

-Thor Wixom

mezmo
03-10-2008, 08:08 PM
I told my 2 biggest clients today (Mazda & GM) that we are going to shot RED 4k for all of there AD's from now on.
I gave them both a small taste of what they will receive, showed them a 4k raw still frame from moving footage blown up to a AO sized poster, which they loved, because now they can use frames from there TVC's to use on billboards, super-sites, Press ad's etc etc....

Every AD we do for them now is Cinema ready & HD ready.
They save more than 20k per ad alone in film and processing.
One light (first light grades) at 700 per hour are now history.
The list just went on and on.....

There smiles were as big as a dropped water melon.

With the worlds economy balancing on a knifes edge at the moment, this new tool came along at just the right time for producers as well there clients.

Thanks RED team.
I'd be a little cautious there Big T,
I recently did some insurance work for a TVC (reshoot) on a GM product.
Post work and the reshoot cost the production company almost $100K.
Insurance paid out $20K. The problem was chrome flare resulting in filter
flare from the original footage on a tracking crane shot. I'd want the 'black
sun'/'black highlight' thing well sorted before I used Red for this sort of work.
Mezmo

Gabriel Beaudry
03-10-2008, 08:42 PM
I'd want the 'black
sun'/'black highlight' thing well sorted before I used Red for this sort of work.
Mezmo

I thought that this problem was already fixed.

Daniel Reichenbach
03-10-2008, 08:49 PM
How can anyone sleep when we are having so much fun!?!?

Jim

No sleep here, grading a watch spot, shot in RED, just awesome, congratulations Jim, waiting for build 15, in two days we will be up in the mountain for a carver thing, good, if we would have 120 p ;-)

Joe Vinson
03-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Wow, Real Genius's Dean Devlin?!

http://www.akabaka.com/DeanDevlin.jpg

Finner
03-10-2008, 10:24 PM
I thought that this problem was already fixed.

No not fixed, still black/purple sun.

Mark Toia
03-10-2008, 10:31 PM
I'd be a little cautious there Big T,
I recently did some insurance work for a TVC (reshoot) on a GM product.
Post work and the reshoot cost the production company almost $100K.
Insurance paid out $20K. The problem was chrome flare resulting in filter
flare from the original footage on a tracking crane shot. I'd want the 'black
Mezmo

I here ya Mezmo... the black spot is a pain, But were it's got us each time, it was a very easy 3d track & paint.
If you have the right post tools, like Inferno / flame etc and a good operator, things like this a very easily fixed and not really difficult to get rid of.
Not saying that I don't want that bloody black dot fixed for the future.
I'm sure it will dissaper within 6 months or less.

Till then, we paint the occasional black dot out of frame.

thanks Mezmo.
Have a nice day.

Mitch Deoudes
03-12-2008, 02:52 PM
For such a Hollywood Wheel, you'd think ole' Dean could afford a better chef. We ate that guy's food for months doing post on Godzilla - hardest part of the job, I swear.

But as noted before - congrats on the publicity, Jim... irrespective of the palate it came from.:tongue:

Clint Johnson
03-12-2008, 03:59 PM
I just got an email from Sony touting Dean as a featured speaker at their "NAB:The Full HD — Over the Top Event"... wonder if he agreed to this before or after he had some time with the Red?

Joe Carney
03-13-2008, 08:42 AM
I just got an email from Sony touting Dean as a featured speaker at their "NAB:The Full HD — Over the Top Event"... wonder if he agreed to this before or after he had some time with the Red?

He's going to be talking about Sony Vegas.