Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Beginners... shoot f8

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 Beginners... shoot f8 
    If you are new to shooting a full frame 35mm format, you WILL find focusing a challenge. Just as everyone has said. You have a few options. Use Graeme's Magic Focus invention. Or hire a focus puller. Or shoot lots of takes. But the easiest way to start is to shoot at f8 and get used to the program, then work your way down until you get good at this. It won't be long until you are shooting wide open... and hitting focus half the time. :-)

We are having so much fun shooting our prototypes. It is a blast. Right now, the favorite is "Natasha" who has the most upgrades and features enabled. "Boris" is in the lab trying to catch up. "Silk" is on deck.

The biggest surprise to you lucky reservation holders (and 1st RED ONE users) will be the ease of shooting to a drive, the speed of downloading, and the fun of using REDCINE. The results are staggering.

We still have a lot to do before NAB and the camera will not be completely finished (all features enabled). But all of the key features will work and be demonstrated there.

We also are very excited to announce new stuff at NAB. If you can't make it, our website (www.red.com) will have all the news posted the morning of the 1st day.

Jim

Can't wait to see the new stuff. The irony is that many of us who would normally be spending the money to go to NAB are staying home because we want to put that money toward the camera and accessories.

Heheh, sounds like a shot went soft today. :)

How much time have you guys been shooting tests/footage vs. plugging away at the camera?

Will the cameras on display (ie. the ones we can play with) have all the features or are they not all enabled like the first #1-100?

Banned
    Hiya Jim,

I'm guessing rez #s in the mid hundreds will not get their baby until probably the end of the yr, is this right?

Hi Jim,

A small question though : for people who will buy one say at NAB (or a little bit later), will you be able to give them a precise date of delivery ?

Thanks,

Kristin

lucky + ease + speed + fun = staggering

Yeah baby!!

Quote Originally Posted by kstewart View Post
    Hi Jim,

A small question though : for people who will buy one say at NAB (or a little bit later), will you be able to give them a precise date of delivery ?

Thanks,

Kristin
    Since they are currently unable to give precise shipment dates on reservations, I personally doubt that such a date would be available for orders in the near future.

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    After a modest start-up in production we expect to get caught up with reservation holders by Sept-Oct. We expect that it will take about two months from initial shipping to enable every feature set. But you will be good to go from serial #1 on with 4K REDCODE RAW, monitoring, record to RED-DRIVE, download and "4K to Anything" in REDCINE. The fun starts soon... :-)

Jim

Jim, I have to say that the RED hype is really fun. I can't wait to get my camera, hopefully by Oct. Just in time for the winter season on the North Shore of Oahu.....Can't wait to shoot some epic surfing with my RED

How's the timetable for those RED lens?