Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: REDRAY NOW SHIPPING...

Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    @Casey, Can the RREncoder Plugin import image sequences of various formats?

Thanks.
    Yes.. about half the content on the reel came in from 16 bit P3 Tiffs.

About the Seiki... you need to boost the signal on ( what seems like ) the majority of the panels.. We purchased many of them, and there is only 2 that don't flicker at all, and another that flickers once every hour or so...the rest of the displays go in and out till it drives you crazy. It just seems like its hit or miss if you get one that doesn't quite hit the HDMI spec, because the same thing happens if your hooked up to REDRAY, or a computer, or a AV receiver etc. I hear there is another firmware update coming soon... not sure if they can fix that.

We are using these as our desktop monitors in the office hooked up to our computers, and as I mentioned we get the same drift in and out issues. There is a solution for that panel.. Gefen makes a stabilizer that fixes it almost instantly for whatever device you hook up to... but its not a cheap solution.

Thanks for that info on RREncoder man.

Also, that helps out a bit with a 4K monitor purchase. I'm going to go see what song Sam has Sung on their 55". Should be out like now-ish.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

Red Epic Dragon #5232 "Kozmo"
    Data Sheets and Notes: Epic M & X, Scarlet X & Red Dragon

3.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Thanks for that info on RREncoder man.

Also, that helps out a bit with a 4K monitor purchase. I'm going to go see what song Sam has Sung on their 55". Should be out like now-ish.
    Sony is doing a pretty good job with their 84" ( $$$ ) and their 65" is pretty great at $6k.. if you can get past the obnoxious speakers ( that sound great ) flanking the sides. The Samsung 85" is a work of art.. but I dont think the final pricing has been announced. The 55" I think its going to be a while still..

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Sony is doing a pretty good job with their 84" ( $$$ ) and their 65" is pretty great at $6k.. if you can get past the obnoxious speakers ( that sound great ) flanking the sides. The Samsung 85" is a work of art.. but I dont think the final pricing has been announced. The 55" I think its going to be a while still..
    Nice. I'm looking at the Sony XBR-55X900A and totally agree about those funky speakers. Maybe I'll spray paint them or paint eyeballs on them. Shopping around a bit you can find pretty good deals for them.

Last I was told the Samsung has a new 55" coming out next month, July. But they said that in May and I haven't seen a peep of that yet.

Asus's monitor looks pretty nifty. Can't wait to check that out.

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Nice. I'm looking at the Sony XBR-55X900A and totally agree about those funky speakers. Maybe I'll spray paint them or paint eyeballs on them. Shopping around a bit you can find pretty good deals for them.

Last I was told the Samsung has a new 55" coming out next month, July. But they said that in May and I haven't seen a peep of that yet.

Asus's monitor looks pretty nifty. Can't wait to check that out.
    The Samsung 55" is coming out in Korea this month.. not over here unfortunately. Asus does look good. They actually contacted us here and want to get involved so hopefully we will all get a little more intimate with them soon.

Nice. That's very forward thinking of Asus. Good on them!

will RRencoder plug-in also be available for premiere & media encoder cs6?

www.crinx.de

The Samsung sounds promising... Been real happy with their panels last few years...

Say Jarred, what is your experience with Redmere HDMI cables? Can they be used? Any pros/cons? (Could help with the Seiki issue?)

Quote Originally Posted by Elsie N View Post
    Casey, are you saying that we only get one license for the .RED encoder per player? Those of us who work on multiple machines have to buy additional licenses?
    After further review of the manual, I've now found this: "Each purchase of a REDRAY comes with one RRencode license that you can install on up to five devices at a time."

I'll Edit the original reply...

Everyone might want to try this with their Sieki..

http://www.ezonecable.com/20m-65ft-2...v-2160p-ready/
    or this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882422054

Might work...specs say full 340mhz and boost. For the price seems worth a shot.

Somebody said something about Redmere on the Sieki thread but I can't seem to locate it.

Now back to drooling about Redray....
    Last edited by Dave Archer; 06-20-2013 at 04:28 AM.