Thread: Updated to MC7, but not sure where I find my activation code...

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Updated to MC7, but not sure where I find my activation code... 
    I looked at my 6.5 registration and tried that serial number, didn't work. Don't have an email from Avid with a new Activation code...Is it on my original Avid boxed version I bought? Since version 5.0 I have been just doing downloads not boxed versions so I all I had is a few old emails in hundreds of ads to buy Avid from videoguys... Basically just locked myself out and am asking where can I find my code to get back in lol? I am a legitimate owner, just clueless as to where to find my activation code...was up late installing it, went to bed, woke up and still am looking into it... Thanks
    DIT, Assistant Editor, Phantom Tech, offering workflow services from acquisition to post

Available with or without following gear:

2 Alexa Studios
    Gemini package
    Arri Amira Premium/UHD
    Alexa Mini with raw, 4/3
    Epic W package
    Oconnor 2060

Red Rocket X with rMBP, FCPX, Avid MC8, premiere, and Resolve Lite in the NYC/CT area.

https://vestadalux.com

Assuming you've registered it, have you logged into your account on Avid to see of the license is there?

Michael
    ‎"There are a thousand ways to point a camera, but really only one."
    Ernst Lubitsch

Just got it installed/registered, and am downloading the new squeeze and new Avid FX...just need to get those installed and registered and i'm in the clear!

I am just updating on my home workstation to sort of beta test it before doing it on my stations at work. I keep telling them to wait for patches to come out before they jump into the upgrade... so figured i'd take the leap myself and mess around with it on my own time...
    DIT, Assistant Editor, Phantom Tech, offering workflow services from acquisition to post

Available with or without following gear:

2 Alexa Studios
    Gemini package
    Arri Amira Premium/UHD
    Alexa Mini with raw, 4/3
    Epic W package
    Oconnor 2060

Red Rocket X with rMBP, FCPX, Avid MC8, premiere, and Resolve Lite in the NYC/CT area.

https://vestadalux.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Merlen View Post
    I am just updating on my home workstation to sort of beta test it before doing it on my stations at work. .
    Always a wise approach with any dot zero release.

Michael
    Ernst Lubitsch

Speaking of licenses... can you run the same license on two personal computers? Laptop and tower?

Thanks!
    EAST RENTALS
    EPIC-M DRAGON Red Package
    EPIC-X DRAGON Red Package
    CANON K35 Superspeed Lenses - PL mount
    Arri FF-4 Follow Focus
    Tiffen Filters, Arri Matte Boxes, RED ROCKET-X (in Magma 3T Thunderbolt 2 chassis)

www.eastrentals.com
    info@eastrentals.com

There are two ways to do this. Through software activation, you have to deactivate on one machine and then activate on another. It's not difficult to do, but you do need an active internet connection on both machines.

If you have a dongle, you can just pull the dongle out of one machine and put it into the other. I believe Avid still sells dongles, but they are expensive, IIRC.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Moretti View Post
    There are two ways to do this. Through software activation, you have to deactivate on one machine and then activate on another. It's not difficult to do, but you do need an active internet connection on both machines.

If you have a dongle, you can just pull the dongle out of one machine and put it into the other. I believe Avid still sells dongles, but they are expensive, IIRC.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks Peter!

So, if you have an internet connection, you can move from one computer to the other in 1-2 minutes? It activates/deactivates instantly?
    George
    EAST RENTALS
    EPIC-M DRAGON Red Package
    EPIC-X DRAGON Red Package
    CANON K35 Superspeed Lenses - PL mount
    Arri FF-4 Follow Focus
    Tiffen Filters, Arri Matte Boxes, RED ROCKET-X (in Magma 3T Thunderbolt 2 chassis)

www.eastrentals.com
    info@eastrentals.com

The Deactivation/Activation process takes about 15 seconds to ping the server and do its thing. You can leave the software license on each system and just turn on and off as needed.

Michael
    Ernst Lubitsch

Even better.

You can install Media Composer where ever you want: PC Desktop, PC Laptop, Mac Pro, Macbook.

Before you leave your work space just make sure that you deactivate your licence and than you can activate it somewhere else.

The same goes for the dongle.

Plug it in and you're up and running

Peter