Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Dragon uncaged...

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    The Dragon is late... but worth the wait. The initial release is everything we promised. And we do expect it to get better over time with firmware upgrades... just like the RED ONE and EPIC MX.

Obsolescence obsolete.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Senior Member Christopher Probst's Avatar
    Oh hell yea!

That little teaser wasn't nearly enough time to quench my thirst for fire!

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    The Dragon is late... but worth the wait. The initial release is everything we promised. And we do expect it to get better over time with firmware upgrades... just like the RED ONE and EPIC MX.

Obsolescence obsolete.

Jim
    Sounds terrific!!!

What's the Dragon's maximum highlight protection over middle gray @ ISO2000?

I gotta go to sleep, but I keep feeling like a tactical nuke is about to air burst.
    Many filmmakers had an idea of what they wanted their dream digital motion picture camera to be. But only one of us had the talent, insight, capital and most importantly -- the guts to make it a reality. The EPIC needed a perfect balance of desire, aptitude, resolve, teamwork and finance to arrive; it is a dream manifest.

Complaining about the EPIC is like kvetching about a space elevator, when everyone else is flying kites at Kitty Hawk.

Come on an light my fire...
    Paul Kalbach

RED Weapon-Helium#4580, RedOne-MX #1693, RedOne-MX #10062

www.ArtichokePro.com
    www.RedZephyrCam.com

Congrats guys! That's actually really big and good news.

From my brief experience with it I think Dragon will "REDefine" what many expect out of digital cinema camera for some time to come.

Think of the image quality. Think of the size. Think of the flexibility in post.

Not long ago this stuff was all science fiction. Especially at this price point.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Every once in awhile the hard work and endless effort seems to pay off. This is one of those times.

You get to a place that satisfies all your effort. Then it is time to move on to the next milestone.

I'm happy to take a brief moment to celebrate here... the Dragon. It is everything we hoped it would be...

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

Every once in awhile the hard work and endless effort seems to pay off. This is one of those times.

You get to a place that satisfies all your effort. Then it is time to move on to the next milestone.

I'm happy to take a brief moment to celebrate here... the Dragon. It is everything we hoped it would be...

Jim
    Definitely know that feeling -- a living, breathing 42 without the payoff ----- YET. Excited to be on this ride. I feel silly wanting the Dragon when the MX meets every qualification I've ever wanted, but I can't wait to see the DRAGON process photons.
    Many filmmakers had an idea of what they wanted their dream digital motion picture camera to be. But only one of us had the talent, insight, capital and most importantly -- the guts to make it a reality. The EPIC needed a perfect balance of desire, aptitude, resolve, teamwork and finance to arrive; it is a dream manifest.

Complaining about the EPIC is like kvetching about a space elevator, when everyone else is flying kites at Kitty Hawk.

Jim
    :-)

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    The EPIC MX has shot so many great movies... too many to mention. The Dragon is just better. The good news is that it is an upgrade. It is an upgrade well worth the price of admission.

Jim