Thread: Fiilex Lights (301 LED light kit)

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Fiilex Lights (301 LED light kit) 
    Has anyone ever used these lights before?

http://www.samys.com/p/Lighting---LE...0s/119324.html

They were at NAB earlier this year and I haven't been able to see a video reviewing them or even anyone using them. They are supposed to be the new replacement to LED panels and they are bi-color. They are also cheaper than a pack of 3 LED bi-color panels and they are pretty enticing.

If you have the lights and even if you don't your opinion and thoughts are welcome!
    Thanks

i have a couple of these...they are great, very nice light, love the accessories, they seem really well made as well....in terms of output, don't expect too much....i would say they are about comparable to the original litepanel 1x1s....

Might sound stupid... But, is there an exact watt output number for these? Could I use 3 of these instead of 3 500w LED panels?

I think each light is a little more powerful then a regular 500w LED.....I can only compare them to my dracast 1000w spot LED and they are about a stop weaker.....

Do you think I could get by with only these 3 lights? Just wondering in case I need too. (I have LED panels but they aren't bi-color)

I find that the color spectrum characteristic of these is fantastic. They are not the punchiest thing on earth but I would prefer these any day to a 3 head kit of 500w tungsten or 300w tungsten - even simply for the fact that if I'm using them by myself I don't need to carry leather gloves.

sometimes I will bounce 2 or 3 off a wall or a ceiling, and I've carried people walking through a New York apartment - -- which is not to say a large space, but I wasn't hamstrung by the lights.

If they come out with anything anywhere from 2x to 10x the power and not too rich for my blood I will buy anything they release.

I tightly grouped 9 light of these would also have a lot of utility for what I like to do.

These are much, much better then some crappy 500w led off eBay.....cri is way up there....indoors I don't see a problem at all....I need my lights to compete with the sun ( mixed in doors or outside) and the fiilex struggle a bit with that....I really, really like them, just wish they were a stop brighter so I could use them outside as well....

Fiilex Lights are not considered Bi-color. They are color tunable, bi- color is when you have daylight and tungsten LEDs and then you mix them to try and make something in between. Only problem with bi color lights is the color isn't very accurate and CRI is low. Fiilex lights are color tunable, the extended CRI is averaging 95 at all color temperatures. Also I think 3 light are enough, but if they are not then you can still fit another light in a small package then 3 light panels ever could. The P360 is a 300-350 watt equivalent drawing 90 watts.