Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Dragon Upgrades ...

Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L. Pederson View Post
    I can't sleep.
    ^ This. Its the middle of the night again here... hehe
    KipperTie - Authorised RED Rental, Pinewood Studios, UK
    Ready to hire: Monstro 8K VV | Gemini 5K | Helium Monochrome 8K
    Check out our Revolva ND solution, OLPFs and other products

Thanks Jarred for the great news!

Great News, thanks to Red Team.
    Carlos A. Castillo
    DoP / Director / Editor
    www.carloscastillodp.com
    carloscastillodp@gmail.com

Production and Postproduction Services
    New York - Miami - Mexico City

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    So when you see Guys like Phil , or Evin, or Toia get bumped up later next month, it's because they deserve a little nod. We love you all.. and wish we could do everyone at the same time, but we just havn't figured out how to do that yet :)
    Oh man. Just wrapped today on a shoot with Dragon up on a Steadicam with super saturated lighting (and also being shot in an oven). Great looking material. Now coming back from that and reading this you've certainly got me excited.

Love you guys too. And Reduser as a community and tool.

I'm ready for this Dragon. You guys keep making the tools I want to work with and I'll keep working with them :)
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Its not the high profile stuff.. its all about people.

Yes Michael Bay and David fincher are big dogs.. but Bay spent alot of time with us on making some of our new accessories work better , And Fincher comes in almost every single week and helps with various pieces of development.

John Marchant is in that first 3 not because he is a big name, but because he has donated a ton of time working on the Monochrome and with Graeme on the underwater colorimetry and various other things leading up to the Dragon.

These are the guys that don't just make money using the tools.. they give up time from their incredibly busy schedules to help us make the tools better.. Everyone wins when that happens. We don't pay any of these guys anything, and they all buy their own cameras, so letting them use the cameras they help develop right out of the gate is the least we can do.

Matthew Libatique is another great example. Yes, he is a big dog, but The new exposure tools that give you 50% grey along with sensor clip and lows was developed by him. The guy is always shooting but yet he comes in on his down days and spends hours and hours with us to make things better.

Every one of these cameras you see going out early has a similar story. So don't feel bad if your number is low or you think you should be next and you see someone else out there swinging around a Dragon... its the only way we get to reward the guys that really make a difference and push us forward.. ultimately making the camera that you do end up getting that much better.

So when you see Guys like Phil , or Evin, or Toia get bumped up later next month, it's because they deserve a little nod. We love you all.. and wish we could do everyone at the same time, but we just havn't figured out how to do that yet :)

Wish there was a LIKE button on reduser. This post would get mine for sure...

Senior Member Christopher Probst's Avatar
    As much as I can't wait for a dragon, I'm not thrilled about giving up my MX! That being said, sign me up...

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Probst View Post
    As much as I can't wait for a dragon, I'm not thrilled about giving up my MX! That being said, sign me up...
    you are my favorite cinematographer and believe me im gonna pray for you to get Dragon earlier than expected.You deserved it!!!

Senior Member Nick Pasquariello's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    You guys keep making the tools I want to work with and I'll keep working with them :)
    This.

I don't like to consider myself a fanboy. But there's no one else right now that seems as forward thinking, as open to (smart) suggestion, as communicative with the users of all levels, making products that are as indestructible and versatile and adaptable.

That alone is enough to take my money. Add on now what looks like it could be the best sensor in the industry? You're making it harder for me to convince people I'm not a fanboy.
    Icarus Rex Productions
    Scarlet #1798 "Ariadne"
    Local 600 DIT

Originally Posted by Jarred Land
    Its not the high profile stuff.. its all about people.

Yes Michael Bay and David fincher are big dogs.. but Bay spent alot of time with us on making some of our new accessories work better , And Fincher comes in almost every single week and helps with various pieces of development.

John Marchant is in that first 3 not because he is a big name, but because he has donated a ton of time working on the Monochrome and with Graeme on the underwater colorimetry and various other things leading up to the Dragon.

These are the guys that don't just make money using the tools.. they give up time from their incredibly busy schedules to help us make the tools better.. Everyone wins when that happens. We don't pay any of these guys anything, and they all buy their own cameras, so letting them use the cameras they help develop right out of the gate is the least we can do.

Matthew Libatique is another great example. Yes, he is a big dog, but The new exposure tools that give you 50% grey along with sensor clip and lows was developed by him. The guy is always shooting but yet he comes in on his down days and spends hours and hours with us to make things better.

Every one of these cameras you see going out early has a similar story. So don't feel bad if your number is low or you think you should be next and you see someone else out there swinging around a Dragon... its the only way we get to reward the guys that really make a difference and push us forward.. ultimately making the camera that you do end up getting that much better.

Great news!

Can you imagine getting a post like this from one of the heads of Sony or Arri?!

Great to see the roll out
    Would like to see my Dragon upgrade to come in-time for 2 of our planned 3D stereo movie work
    One will be shot in Japan another one in Canada.
    Percy Fung, www.filmmagic.com.hk
    percy@filmmagic.com.hk
    Baesd in Hong Kong, 1 RED Dragon, 4 RED Epic X and 5 MX
    Film crew and services. 3D stereo native filming and post, with 20 3D stereo Movies credit. Digital Film post, DI, DCP mastering, and 2x 3D stereo Digital Cinema, 3D stereo rigs, and 360 Panorama rig