Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Quickplate V-Lock Battery module ready to ship

Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233
    Well it's a lot better than others but false advertising goes hand in hand with our industry :) I think more importantly why does it not have any power outputs, or does it?.
    could have been a good interim solution until red Fix the.....
    SCARLET-W
    DocuMovie UK LONDON

I would also want to see (and lobby here) a Red Brick v2, where it is shorter and longer, as if continuing the profile of the camera (viewed from a side) when mounted onto this quickplate (so it doesn't stick pout SO much from the top). I'd make a concept pic but this pc got no photoshop :( so. imagine for now, but I swear, it's GREAT!
    also, really need a 5V USB out and a 12V on these ;) wink wink nod nod, is this microphone on, people?

Dennis,
    you could use the Sony Olivine batts...to extend the profile... ;)
    TOMMASO ALVISI | tommasoalvisi.com
    Weapon 6K Carbon Fiber #1605 aka qp
    instagram | twitter

I've had an AB Powerslice on order for a while now and it looks like it should ship this week. They are making a version to it to fit around the plus one module as well, but that isn't out yet.

I think it's fair to say that it doesn't have a power cable. More like a power connector. I wouldn't characterize the Plus One module as having an HDMI cable, just the HDMI connector. Same thing here. We all know no one can use the internal camera pins except RED and the website photo clearly shows what's going on.

They should also be sending me my AB to AB Scatterbox2 which has 5v, 12v and 24v outs. I've been waiting for this solution for a long time. A quick mount, modular accessory power solution. It has had a long development process but look like it's finally ready. http://shop.solidcamera.com/ScatterBOX-2_c65.htm

I don't know why RED hasn't made some of these very basic solutions and taken advantage of the modular nature of the Epic design. But the Solid Camera products will be welcome items in my package for sure.
    CF Helium Weapon #521, CF Helium Weapon #906

JUST TAKE MY MONEY!!!

...if I could use the cable-less Quickplate without a module adapter.

^ +1!
    Epic-X #7473
    www.rapturefilm.com