Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Original Red "R"s

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    These things will probably show up in an episode of Pawn Stars in the year 4014
    and some expert will have to come in and explain to them what it is.

IF you do decide to sell them I'd love the opportunity to buy one. I was too young when the Red One was announced to be able to buy one, but I'd still love to have this.
    Louis Maddalena
    New York Based.

CF Weapon, Epic-W, Leica Summicron-Cs, Schneider Xeons, available for rent nationwide.
    AKS, Lighting and Grip also available. PM for information.

New Studio: msquaredstudio.tv
    Follow me on Instagram @MSquared_Studio
    New Website: MaddalenaMedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Maddalena View Post
    IF you do decide to sell them I'd love the opportunity to buy one. I was too young when the Red One was announced to be able to buy one, but I'd still love to have this.
    +1.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Maddalena View Post
    Me too! Only a dream @ the time!
    Traded In - RED One MX "Courtney" 126hrs and counting!
    Current - RED Epic-W "Alessandra" 0hrs and counting!

My Website: http://hashtagcinema.com/

Some of us were bummed out when we missed getting a Titanium R. RED "only" made about 1100 of them and my original RED One reservation just missed the cut off (#1110). I had some people over the years offer to sell me one, but eventually I picked one up with a used RED One in the 800's range serial number wise. It was just in the bottom of the box of stuff the camera was in when I bought it from a leasing company that repo'd the camera. I no longer own that camera and the R is somewhere in a desk drawer… I would say $15 to $20 is probably a fair market value for one of these R's, assuming someone actually really wants one. Scrap value for that piece of Titanium is probably about $10, give or take….

I'd hold on to them unless you have absolutely no interest. They could be an interesting collector's piece of cinema history some day.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.

I too missed out on getting the Ti R with my two (reasonably) early R-1s. But I wouldn't feel right buying one since those tokens were (IMO) meant to designate that a camera and/or camera owner actually bought into the scam early on.

It's like buying a Super Bowl ring and wearing it without earning it. Seems deceptive to me. In the case of the R following along with the camera as it is resold or gifted, I think that's fine too since the camera and the R are linked.
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith

To me, since I didn't order a RED One, owning one would simply signify being a RED supporter. Most people have no idea what it means and seeing it on my desk they would only assume it was a paper weight. There would be a difference if you bought a Super Bowl ring and wore it around vs. buying it as memorabilia and putting in a case at home. It's only deceptive if you try to deceive people. In any case, it hardly seems like owning one of these should be forbidden to those who weren't around for the original orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry VerHaar View Post
    To me, since I didn't order a RED One, owning one would simply signify being a RED supporter. Most people have no idea what it means and seeing it on my desk they would only assume it was a paper weight. There would be a difference if you bought a Super Bowl ring and wore it around vs. buying it as memorabilia and putting in a case at home. It's only deceptive if you try to deceive people. In any case, it hardly seems like owning one of these should be forbidden to those who weren't around for the original orders.
    Well, yes, when you put it like that... '-)
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith

Just recently found mine again...

And thought that if I started sleeping with it under my pillow, it could still have some good omens in it...

I guess I will just wait and see...

http://instagram.com/gunleikgroven
    Life is good. So is RED...

http://quine.no

[QUOTE=Gunleik Groven;1283726
    And thought that if I started sleeping with it under my pillow, it could still have some good omens in it...
    [/QUOTE]

See - that's why I want one.