Thread: Wildlife Rescue Movie - Behind the scenes - Lighting Animals of the Jungle

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Wildlife Rescue Movie - Behind the scenes - Lighting Animals of the Jungle 
    Hello everyone!
    Here is a little behind the scenes from our movie Wildlife Rescue Movie.

The focus is on how we were lighting the animals of the jungle. In this short movie you will meet Natalie the baby sloth, Merlin the tiny, tiny tropical screech owl, Andie and the lovable Milo and of course our host and director Natalie. :)

We used an array of LED panels, the larger F&V K4000, the smaller Z180 and the HDR-300 Ring light. The goal was to be able to quickly light the animals which meant we had to have light setups that could be quickly changed.

We have been to several rescue centers but never have we met anyone that works as hard and cares as much as Leslie Howle and Jorge. They will stay up the whole night to take care of the sick animals and really give them all they got. Truly an inspiring role model for how we should take care of the animals and the planet! They are trying to raise money for a clinic for taking care of the animals. Please consider giving a Christmas gift to the little ones at their Indiegogo site.

Hope you guys enjoy watching!
    And thanks to all those that helped with tips and tricks on this forum to make the movie happen (and THANKS to Red for making their incredible cameras!) :)

Sloth hugs
    /Andreas and Natalie
    Last edited by AndreasOberg; 12-05-2013 at 05:48 PM.
    www.WildlifeRescueMovie.com- Saving the animals of the Rainforest!
    www.THUNDOOR.com- Visually poetic images and stories that matter
    Epic X #3734, Strummer Bright Tangerine, Red Primes, Clutch, Sachtler Video 20 S1

Great work with lights...

Hope to see the documentary...

Quote Originally Posted by Humberto Ramos View Post
    Great work with lights...

Hope to see the documentary...
    Thanks Humberto! Thank God we were filming so many sloths. They are very cooperative when it comes to not moving too fast. However, we learned that they are persistent little ones and can move surprisingly fast if you are not careful. I had one scare me near to death by climbing up my chair and poking me in my ribs. I was convinced a scorpion was finally going to get me for dinner and jumped half a meter! When I looked down I was met with a charming smile from the young lady Andie. I'm sure she knew exactly what she was doing...

/Andreas
    Epic X #3734, Strummer Bright Tangerine, Red Primes, Clutch, Sachtler Video 20 S1

Nice! What beautiful animals and you really captured them well.
    Scarlet "Fever" Ti Canon Mount
    Brian Pascale

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Pascale View Post
    Nice! What beautiful animals and you really captured them well.
    Thanks Brian. We have so many more interesting animals. We will post some more of them soon as well. But what is really the most interesting is actually their stories that we will tell in the movie. About Ralph the duck that protects all the new animals, about Max that had lived chained to a washing machine by drug dealers... But what I really have with me is how loving the animals were. Everyone were so kind and loving that we met (well, erm except on evil little baby sloth!). I don't remember last time I got so many kisses :)

/Andreas

Great stuff. Love the Merlin tight shots. Wow, great detail. Good cause and love the attention to quality in filming these animals.
    Steve Sherrick

Good stuff Andreas. Really tough shoots and you pulled them of well!

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

Really beautiful Andreas - we're working on a very similar project down-under, so here's to
    much more awareness of the huge issues faced by wildlife the world-over.

best
    joe
    Joe Shemesh
    Cinematographer
    www.stormfrontfilm.com

Fantastic work, and you are such great people also! You are genuine and from the few people who use the camera to promote and protect what it needs to be promoted and protected most.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

red.3dmovies.com

Thanks everyone again for the kind words. It means a lot to get comments from this forum about image quality. The talent here is so strong and we are still new to doing movies.

We are so happy to have the Epic and can do these important projects. Save the world with style I say :D. Hmm, we already talked about our next projects it would be nice to begin filming in 3D. 2 Dragons could be very interesting to use. These animals in 3D so close that you could almost touch them should be very memorable! We really want the audience to feel like they are just there with the animal and the animal is looking at them with their adorable eyes.

"Love the Merlin tight shots. Wow, great detail. Good cause and love the attention to quality in filming these animals."
    Thanks! we couldn't believe how close to us he let us go. We had the lens only 10cm from his face. He just calmly looked into the lens and had no problems at all with the situation. I met a lot of owls but never one so fearless as this one. The Toucan Ranch had so little space to have the animals so they even had owls in the bathroom. They always looked at you with great suspicion when you walked in and would follow you with their little robot stare the whole visit.

"You are genuine and from the few people who use the camera to promote and protect what it needs to be promoted and protected most."
    Thanks, after working on these big action titles so much we felt that we really wanted to pickup a dream we had since we were young. To go out and help save the parrots and the animals of the jungle. By just working one step at a time I believe we can all make such a big difference and have tons of fun in the process. Btw, the Toucans loved the Epic and especially all its cables. Very naughty little birds, we lost an audio cable day 2 to a curious toucan.

/Andreas and Natalie