Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Expendables 3 Shot on RED

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I too was a little distracted by the grain in the 2nd instalment although as with everything, I got used to it and enjoyed it regardless. I look forward to seeing how this one will look.

As for Bruce, he is not in the film. There was a fairly public break down in the negotiation process... enter Harrison Ford.
    Scarlet Dragon Canon TI #1226

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Dooley View Post
    I too was a little distracted by the grain in the 2nd instalment although as with everything, I got used to it and enjoyed it regardless. I look forward to seeing how this one will look.

As for Bruce, he is not in the film. There was a fairly public break down in the negotiation process... enter Harrison Ford.

Thanks for that update Dustin, so busy with preproduction here in Barcelona, that I have not been paying too much attention to the news.
    Writer | Producer | Director | DP

1:22 :) try that with another camera
    EPIC-X DRAGON 7424

I am kinda glad they're switching to RED - even though I have no particular love for the camera above any others, the second installment had some nasty artifacts which looked like a combination of under-exposed film and someone cropping in to the film after a scan.

I think the run-and-gun style of filmmaking works much better with digital... at least in my opinion it does.

While I thought the ending "war" and conclusion was too much and forced, have to say I really liked the look and how the Epic performed here. Was this Dragon? They weren't affraid to show the aging of the actors, and the image actually survived well the strong, contrasty grading. Looked much better than Transformers 4, that's for sure!
    Sérgio Perez

EPIC-X 2029 "Lilau" in Macau!

Video Director/Creative/Producer

http://vimeo.com/user1503556

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    The first 2 Expendables were shot on Film and we are very proud that Peter chose RED for the 3rd.
    ..and a bunch of Blackmagic BMCC for tight spaces and crash cameras.

Just saying
    Frank Glencairn
    Writer - DOP - Director

http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/