Thread: LEICA R on RED: Pictures

Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 165 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1648
    Thanks Dovydas

The magic number is 25 so tell all your friends.

David
    "A number of images put together a certain way become something quite above and beyond what any of them are individually."
    -Francis Ford Coppola

what kind of price are we looking at? I do have 7 lenses...

I am told the margins are already small but there will be a discount off the 49$ price one we get to 25. If we get to 25 then i will consider doing a group buy.

Your 7 would take us to 14 i think.
    "A number of images put together a certain way become something quite above and beyond what any of them are individually."
    -Francis Ford Coppola

Hey David, depending on the entity of the discount I can cover the remaining 11... ;)
    TOMMASO ALVISI | tommasoalvisi.com
    Weapon MG #0523 aka qp
    instagram | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Tommaso Alvisi View Post
    Hey David, depending on the entity of the discount I can cover the remaining 11... ;)
    OK.

Working on this will possibly post details in a GB thread soon.

David
    -Francis Ford Coppola

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I haven't tried either but from what I gather they were great in their day but are out-resolved by newer designs.
    Speaking of which, may want to also consider a 250 f4 or even 105-280 F4.2 with 1.4 and 2.0 apo extenders, which should both render sharper especially in the outer regions.
    Also the amazing 280 f4 apo with extenders is stellar but pricey by comparison (and there's also the modular APO tele-lenses for a good bit more).
    Thanks for the input Mark, the 250mm f4 with the 2x looks like it might be a good way to go. The apo tele-lenses look amazing but out of my budget at the moment haha.
    Scarlet MX

Matt,

The 250 f4 is a great lens. It's pretty heavy so you might consider some lens support for it.

David
    -Francis Ford Coppola

Also Matt, look for the 2nd version 250/4 from 1980. Its a bit lighter, renders less flare and captures more detail than the older v1.
    Cinematographer Photographer
    Epic-W Epic-Dragon M Leica R Lens Sets

I just recently ordered the full set of gears, step-up rings and caps from Michael for 7 lenses. They are very well machined and fit perfectly, according to the measurements I sent him.
    The gears are 8mm in thickness, and can't be thicker. So for the 100mm Macro I guess I'll just have to 3D print the gear and use that then, as the focus ring on the macro travels too far while focusing.
    Also I had to get the special step-up ring from duclos for the 19mm V2, as this lens doesn't have filter threads. Unfortunately it's such a niche product, that it doesn't make sense for Michael to produce it, which is understandable though.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Roth View Post
    I just recently ordered the full set of gears, step-up rings and caps from Michael for 7 lenses. They are very well machined and fit perfectly, according to the measurements I sent him.
    The gears are 8mm in thickness, and can't be thicker. So for the 100mm Macro I guess I'll just have to 3D print the gear and use that then, as the focus ring on the macro travels too far while focusing.
    Also I had to get the special step-up ring from duclos for the 19mm V2, as this lens doesn't have filter threads. Unfortunately it's such a niche product, that it doesn't make sense for Michael to produce it, which is understandable though.
    That is exactly what I did for my Macro and also for my 19mm. Currently I have them stepped up to 95, but I would rather have 80mm step up rings and caps for teh whole set.

David
    -Francis Ford Coppola