Thread: LEICA R on RED: Pictures

Reply to Thread
Page 197 of 197 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197
Results 1,961 to 1,968 of 1968
    The Rom is basically only the chip for communication with the Leica R Camera bodys.
    As far as I know there is only one version of the 70-180 2.8 Apo

Let me know if you need any cine mod services. I am based in Austria and offer them.
    If you wand a full mod with a gearring on the zoom ring you have to take off some part of the support foot.

Quote Originally Posted by vincent kardasik View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I will pull the trigger on a 70-180 Apo pretty soon I think.
    In terms of glass and image quality, is there any difference between Rom and non Rom version?
    Thanks in advance.
    Hey Vincent,

same optics, the lens is good, just keep in mind its mfd is a an insane 1.7m which makes this lens unsuitable for most commercial jobs...
    or at least bring some diopters (achromats if possible given the quality of the lens behind) and be prepared to bring these out often!
    TOMMASO ALVISI | tommasoalvisi.com
    Weapon 6K Carbon Fiber #1605 aka qp
    instagram | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Tommaso Alvisi View Post
    Hey Vincent,

same optics, the lens is good, just keep in mind its mfd is a an insane 1.7m which makes this lens unsuitable for most commercial jobs...
    or at least bring some diopters (achromats if possible given the quality of the lens behind) and be prepared to bring these out often!
    Thanks Tommaso, yep, I'm aware of that. To be honest, I will use that one to replace my trusty but tired Canon L 70-200 II and I mostly shoot "action" with that lens.
    DSMC2 Monstro & Helium packages ready to shoot
    Gates Pro Action DSMC2 Water Housing
    SPL DSMC2 Custom Water Housing
    vincentkardasik.com
    Hossegor, France
    Water Cinematography Reel
    Instagram, Twitter and Vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by Bastian Meier View Post
    The Rom is basically only the chip for communication with the Leica R Camera bodys.
    As far as I know there is only one version of the 70-180 2.8 Apo

Let me know if you need any cine mod services. I am based in Austria and offer them.
    If you wand a full mod with a gearring on the zoom ring you have to take off some part of the support foot.
    Hi Bastian,
    Thanks for your reply. Aware about what Rom is but I couldn't find any info regarding if glass or mechanism changed before and after the introduction of Rom.
    Reading your comment and Tommaso makes me pretty confident design always remain the same for that lens.
    I'll definitely keep you posted when I get one as cinemod will be the first thing on my to do list.
    vincentkardasik.com
    Hossegor, France

Hi Vincent, over the years have read that there was/is an issue with veiling flare on the initial non-rom version, which was later corrected (not sure when). Though I've owned both early non-rom and late roms, I haven't specifically tested for this but can confirm its a magnificent zoom and noticeably "better" than Canon's 70-200, at least in my experience.
    Cinematographer Photographer
    Epic-W Epic-Dragon M Leica R Lens Sets

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Hi Vincent, over the years have read that there was/is an issue with veiling flare on the initial non-rom version, which was later corrected (not sure when). Though I've owned both early non-rom and late roms, I haven't specifically tested for this but can confirm its a magnificent zoom and noticeably "better" than Canon's 70-200, at least in my experience.
    Thanks Mark! Stoked to read that.
    vincentkardasik.com
    Hossegor, France

Hi Guys,

While I am waiting for the release of the black Komodo, I am in the process to start building a Leica R Summilux set, but I find that getting a Leica R 35mm Summilux lens is really hard and the price compared to the 50 & 80 is wayyy higher! So have the following question:

- Does it makes any sense to get the 35mm M version instead?

- My reason to go summilux aside from being high speed, is to get a better resolution with full frames cameras such as LF, Monstro, etc...would the Sumicron hold as well in full frame formats?

Thanks!

Carlos

Hi Marcel I saw I saw you work A Dark Place in Amazon and loved it! Congratulations!! Andrew Scott is also an amazing actor.

I am in the process of building a Leica R Summilux set and I was wondering your thoughts on the 70-180mm Duclos Leica R and how much did you use it.

Thanks!