Thread: LEICA R on RED: Pictures

Reply to Thread
Page 177 of 177 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177
Results 1,761 to 1,768 of 1768
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Homma View Post
    Hi,

I got 19mm V2. I'm looking for step up ring for it but don't know which size I have to get.
    Could someone give me advise?

Thanks
    Here you go: https://www.ducloslenses.com/collect...s/19mmv2stepup
    Epic-X 1136

Quote Originally Posted by Larry McKee View Post
    Hi Larry,
    Thank a lot.
    Last edited by Hikari Homma; 12-29-2017 at 10:07 AM.

I own a set of leica summicrons. 35mm, 50mm and 90mm and in 2018 I want to invest in wireless focus(nucleus-m/n). Can I use these lenses straight away with a wireless focus system If i add some cheap grip on them from ebay? Or will that not work? As I do find the focus ring of the 35mm pretty stiff. What grip would you guys recommend?

Thanks!

Junior Member Dovydas Miliauskas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cage View Post
    I own a set of leica summicrons. 35mm, 50mm and 90mm and in 2018 I want to invest in wireless focus(nucleus-m/n). Can I use these lenses straight away with a wireless focus system If i add some cheap grip on them from ebay? Or will that not work? As I do find the focus ring of the 35mm pretty stiff. What grip would you guys recommend?

Thanks!
    There are several options when getting gears for your lenses.

Duclos lenses can service your lenses with gears, standard front ring for filters, and de-clicking your aperture. ( http://www.ducloslenses.com )
    You have everything you find on ebay, which could work with different results.
    And you have some that make custom gears for specific lenses. Followfocusgears.com and cordvision are two great suppliers.

I fitted my four Leica-R's with gears from Followfocusgears, and I really enjoy them.
    They fit perfectly, if not too tight in some cases which is no problem once they're on. Shouldn't be a problem with your 35mm either. Seamless all the way. 360 degrees. Keeps your lens looking very nice.

Hi Joe,

I too have a set of Leica R 19, 24, 35, 50 and 90. Each of them have been fitted with focus gears by TLS. At one of the first shoots I got with these lenses we began pairing them with a DJI wireless follow focus. When we ran the auto calibration, the motor went beyond one of the hard stop of the 19mm and the focus ring of the lens itself (not the one added by TLS) couldn't work anymore (it was spinning free, not focusing and pretty bad metal noises were heard when moved).
    I have to mention that I was aware that the auto calibration could possibly damage old lenses so we set the torque to minimum and kept our hands on the motor to disconnect it from the lens if anything went wrong.

Fortunatly it just took me to retight some screws on the barrel of the lens to got it working again. After that experience I tried using different brands of Wireless FF (ARRI, C Motion, Bartech) and never had an issue with those.

My point with this story is : be careful with old lenses and cheap wireless FF, they might be less gentle when auto calibrating than more high end ones. Try to test the Nucleus M first before purchasing one and check that the torque doesn't have to much strength, although this may be relative to the age and condition of your lens. You could also manually calibrate your lenses but it's time consuming on set and let's be honest, quite a pain in the a** ;)

PS : if anyone here already used the Nucleus M i'm very curious about the possibility to use it safely with Leica R lenses ! Thx

Its not only old lenses or less then pro FF units.

My set of brand new Cooke Anamorphics have each been back to ZGC with the pin that is supposed to stop a focus motor at the end of the focus travel..... bent or damaged. ZGC's responce has been that its contemporary motors that are "too strong" for the lens design... Go figure.
    Ive complained to Cooke lens Owner Les Zellen, that the design is the flaw which should be up to spec with whatever the Pro motors are that are being used these days. But 5 lenses multiplied (I think its was about 500 bucks) of work for each lens later...... yet NO response that sounded like Cooke had some responsibility for solving the problem or doing the repair work, gratis.

Edit: when repaired, they did install a larger and stronger pin, and the problem has not happened again. So in my mind they should have incorporated the stronger pin (in the first place) into the design and not charged me for the repair (ie design flaw). My guess is that current Cooke Anamorphic lenses are being produced with the stronger pin, but I don't know.

Contemporary Motors are very strong and capable of damaging lenses when calibrating or hitting the end of the lens travel. Beware!
    Camera Rentals
    Washington DC, Baltimore, Mid Atlantic region
    MONSTRO Vista Vision, CF Weapon, Helium, Dragon Monochrome, Arri Mini, XT and Amira
    Master Prime's, Summicron's, Cooke S4i, Panchros, Ultra's, Sigma's
    Anamorphics- Cooke, Kowa, Lomo squares and CinEvision
    www.Dc-camera.com
    Facebook page for updates

I have been following this thread for quite some time and trying to build a R set. If anyone has a clean 35 1.4 they would part with I would be interested. If so you can PM me or email gm@allprohd.com . Love this thread, have a set of m’s for still projects and can’t wait for a complete set of R’s. Totally love the Leica look for sure.

So I was wondering how many of you still deal with iris drift? I had my lenses cine-modded by Paul over at RP Lens and usually they do fantastic work, but my 35mm & 60mm both have severe iris drift. I was told they completely removed the ball bearings so there shouldn't be iris drift. Anybody know if it's just a thing I'm going to have to deal with moving forward or can it be fixed?