Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Dragon Update + A.D.D.

Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Look,

we all know there is a shitload of data packed into an r3d.

What just happened is what has always happened and will continue to happen: The pixel fairies just found another way to extract more from the container.

This, my friends, bodes very well for the future of the R3D file format!

Battistella
    "Well, isn't that just amazing!"
    Battistella

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Ruffo New View Post
    So 10X24 = 240 seconds per second of video.
    240x60 = 14400 seconds per minutes of video

Let's say a 3 minute video (music video, fashion video…)

43 200 seconds. That's 720 minutes or 12 hours. Worth it for a final render, me thinks.

On a 30 second spot it's just 2 hours (very, very worth it - no brainer)

Unless that 10 second estimate is based on a system way beyond what we can afford to keep here.
    Just for reference, about 10 seconds on a fast PC tower. About 30 seconds per frame on a new mac book pro. A.D.D. is really "intended" for the stills guys, but as always, I am sure there are some motion misfits out there that will put it to good use.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Just for reference, about 10 seconds on a fast PC tower. About 30 seconds per frame on a new mac book pro. A.D.D. is really "intended" for the stills guys, but as always, I am sure there are some motion misfits out there that will put it to good use.
    Is ADD going into the SDK or is it RCX exlusive?
    Paul E. McCarthy
    Www.paulmccarthydp.com

Our tower is about 30% under fastest 720 you can buy - so we should be fine (or we could always do some render-farming). The me the notion of "best" is worth a lot. :-)

I also can't help but ask: New Redcode compression scheme under Dragon uses new algorithms? My guess is yes - no way it does not.

Hmm, I'm coming from the VFX part of the planet and in our neck of the woods we usually talk about "how many minutes per frame" the render will take. I usually yell at the guys if they pump up the quality so the renders takes more than 30 min / frame for their 3D work.... So if it's about seconds I think the ADD stuff will be pretty much common practice. LOL.

But to speed things up maybe you should develop a little network render thing for ADD in RCXP, just let a que manager spread out the clips to render on all machines in house or such.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se
    Flame - 3D - Epic - HAWK C 35-135mm - Milo MoCo - Droidworx Mikrokopter

Thank you for the update and the additional news. Very much appreciated. :o)
    #02507 Scarlet (traded in): and my first music video with it http://youtu.be/fYNJd9QGHGo
    #05642 Epic-X (now: Dragon "Grisu" :o) L.A.ndsCApes http://youtu.be/MuqCeVbAD2U

Instructor at Cineversity.com

OK. This post totally pushed me over the edge. Now I just can't wait to receive the email for a DRAGON upgrade. Just can't. But I will. Patiently. Keep pushing, RED.

I'm sure you guys have tested this on videos, but I wonder if there would be any discernible flicker since this really works on a frame by frame basis?

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    EPIC-Dragon #5522, Xenon FF

The guys pulling stills will probably press that button every time instead of the normal snapshot button for important shots.

The motion guys probably wont be taking the time to do every single frame of their movie in batch mode unless it is really, really important.
    I'm going to be that guy. How would one export A.D.D. motion exports? I'm specifically interested in 16 bit DPX and TIF, but I'm sure it benefits everything.

Is there just a switch on the Look Panel or will it be found elsewhere?

I'm also thinking about the stills guys who have images sequences where they just need 96 frames or something like that from their takes and would prefer to export images rather than clicking anything 96 times.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

Red Epic Dragon #5232 "Kozmo"
    Data Sheets and Notes: Epic M & X, Scarlet X & Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Paul E. McCarthy View Post
    Is ADD going into the SDK or is it RCX exlusive?
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Björn Benckert View Post
    to speed things up maybe you should develop a little network render thing for ADD in RCXP, just let a que manager spread out the clips to render on all machines in house or such.
    +1
    Scarlet-X #970 "Silver"
    paulherrin.com