Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: NAB 2014 rumors and whispers

Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
  1.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Lowrey View Post
    That's very doable. I wouldn't want to have to arrive 2-3 hours before, but 30 minutes I can swing.

Even though I'm mainly going for the exhibits (and one workshop on Monday), I decided to fly out on Saturday (and thus have all of Sunday in Vegas) because it was actually CHEAPER to do it that way (at least through Xpedia, where I normally book my travel). Even looking up airline fares on the actual airline websites, tickets simply seemed to be more expensive if they involve Sunday travel, so even with an extra hotel day, I'm saving about $70 bucks by arriving on Saturday evening.

But that means I'd REALLY like to have a car for Sunday, as I'm not entirely sure what I'll do -- maybe even drive to the Grand Canyon or one of the closer national parks. My only fear was I'd get the thing and then have nowhere to park for the convention itself. So this is making me feel a little bit better about renting.

Thanks to all for offering their perspectives.:-)
    IIRC, parking at the convention hall is $10. You could also park for free at pretty much any hotel on the strip and take a shuttle to the convention hall. Also, make use of valet at the hotels, it'll just cost you a tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke Burgess View Post
    Also, make use of valet at the hotels, it'll just cost you a tip.
    Unless the valets put a dent in your car as they are often apt too...especially if you have a large or
    unusual to drive vehicle.

JAKE WILGANOWSKI
    Director of Photography / Filmmaker
    CINE-AUTOMATIC.COM

It's a H264 recorder too? I wonder how much it costs?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Wilganowski View Post
    Want!
    Mark L. Pederson

Unconfirmed rumor - SoundDevices will debut new super small 4K ProRes recorder.
    Mark L. Pederson

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L. Pederson View Post
    Unconfirmed rumor - SoundDevices will debut new super small 4K ProRes recorder.
    Well this would be very very interesting. So would you need 6g-SDI to get that signal to it? is there a way to make that happen with current RED setup? probably not eh?
    DP/Director/Producer
    www.domenicthedp.com
    www.nw-camera.com

Alexa Mini/Amira, RED Dragon, Monstro, Canon C500 Mark ii, C300ii, Sony FX9, FS7, UMP G2, Pocket 6k/4k, Sony A7s/r ii, Cooke Panchro Classics, Atlas Anamorphics, Zeiss Cp3, Angenieux EZ1/2, Celere HS set, Leica R Duclos set, DSO Trump series, Sigma Cine Primes, Contax Zeiss Superspeeds, GL Optics 18-35, 50-100, 70-200, tokina 11-16 PL, Laowa 24mm Probe, Movi Pro, Grip Vans, Skypanels, HMI's, Hive, Aputure, Litepanels, Litemats

Or 2 3G sdi, sounds like we need a new red module
    JAKE WILGANOWSKI
    Director of Photography / Filmmaker
    CINE-AUTOMATIC.COM

8k. HAHAHA! this generation's super hunger and expectation of technology and its super fast moving paste is insane.
    As I live, says THE LORD YWHW, every knee shall bow to ME, and to ME every tongue shall confess.◄ Romans 14:11 ►

-Zeb
    FAA 333 Drone Ace
    6K Drone Worldwide
    Underwater Shooter
    RED in Hawaii w/Operator
    www.Stock8K.com