Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Ethernet Cables for REDLINK Development

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    So to be clear the new dsmc manual is solder-side/camera pin out? Vs prior versions were looking into the plug?

Also there are a whole bunch of typos in that section. The correct terminology is:

bi_da+
    not
    b1_da+

3.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Greenwalt View Post
    Also there are a whole bunch of typos in that section. The correct terminology is:

bi_da+
    not
    b1_da+
    Duly noted. Thanks for catching that.
    Yes, the versions posted today show the correct, looking into the jack on camera, pinout.

So, has anyone found a small compact lightweight GigEthernet router that can be powered with 12V and that can be used as a Redlink bridge ?
    I love Offhollywood's solution but it uses the Ctrl port which is already taken on my camera, so I'm looking for an alternative that would use the GigE port. Possible ?

We are using this router.

TRENDnet AC1900 TEW-818DRU Dual Band Wireless Router

Its mounted on a 3D rig where size isn't so important. We are running external 12V in to it via a voltage reg and needed 2 or more ports. It would be made a lot smaller if some one needed to. It works well.

The off hollywood hot link works well too as a single device.

Id like to find a wilress to Gig E bridge if any one finds one.

I'm using this little Gigabit switch from D-Link between the Scarlet and the travel router. It actually fits perfectly between the dovetail plate and the rails which hold the power and video breakout box at the top of the PROLINE Raven stabiliser. Soon I'm planning to mount it with the travel router on a piece of plastic, with another piece of the same size behind a certain distance away as a cable zone that I can mount to the camera somehow. I'll post it here when I've made it but it might be a few weeks away.

Very interested in finding a compact AP with a Gigabit port instead of a 100 Mbit one as well. Even Wireless N-Lite, which is what most of the travel routers use, runs at 150 Mbps so it makes sense to put an RJ45 port that doesn't limit your speed when routing from wired to wireless, I'm not sure why nobody is making them like that yet.

P.S. Used Foolcontrol on a jib the other day and that was awesome, too. Had assistants watching the HDMI and pulled off shots we couldn't have gotten without it :D
    Last edited by Andrew Gentle; 11-18-2014 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Forgot the link!
    Scarlet-X DRAGON #64

Senior Member Mikael Lubtchansky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Gentle View Post
    P.S. Used Foolcontrol on a jib the other day and that was awesome, too. Had assistants watching the HDMI and pulled off shots we couldn't have gotten without it :D
    :-)
    foolcat : HTML / PDF visual reports for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for iOS
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for Android
    foolcolor.net staying hungry, staying foolish facebook instagram

This might do the trick as a gigabit wifi gigabit router that runs 12volts and does not look very big
    https://routerboard.com/RB962UiGS-5HacT2HnT
    Last edited by Christopher Lowden; 10-29-2016 at 01:23 AM.

Hello
    I managed to find a low cost wifi solution that works for Red epics.

I bought a red lemo to RJ45 cable from
    www.ebuddy-diycable.com
    Vicky_ebuddy@vip.163.com

Nice solid cable in cat6 at a price that I could afford. I also bought a metre long lcd cable too that is solid and works well.

For a router I found a perfect second hand Trendset TEW-811DRU that has gigabit ethernet ports, for 45 euros.
    In under 20 mins, I had the whole setup operational using the remote app supplied in the RED.com dev SDK kit. The red app is not very sophisticated but it works except for the LUTS that go crazy on my camera.

I soldered a router power cable to 4 pin xlr for 12 volt batteries, stuck the router to the back of the cam with very sticky double sided and velcro and it easily sits on a steadicam . The Trendset TEW-811DRU is very light.

The wifi is 5gig AC so super fast.

the best part of all this is that I can use the router at home as well, so it is not just another camera toy I use every so often.

I hope this inspires others
    Attached Images