Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Ethernet Cables for REDLINK Development

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Is it the same pin-out as DSMC/Scarlet/Epic? That is to say, you're using it with a DSMCamera and not an R1, right?

Using with Epic Dragon SN 6001. The description on the site is terrible, so I bought the cables to test, and they work.

I'm interested in the GigE Travel Router too if anyone comes up with a workable solution there...

Jacek, I have tried this exact router on my Epic, and it does not work, as the wired Ethernet port is only 10/100. Also looking for a travel router that supports gigabit, coming up empty.
    -Nick Timmons
    Pamoramic Digital Cinema
    Epic-M #1290 'Ruth'
    NYC, NY

Cooke Mini S4's (18, 25, 32, 50, 75, 100mm)
    Teradeck Bolt
    Preston FIZ 3 with Cinetape

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833285004
    What about this one? Not as small but has usb powering option with gige ethernet port

That one should work Hurcan. It's probably 1/2 empty inside too, so you could basically hack off the extra ports and make a smaller encapsulation... Unless the PCB runs the entire length of the case. Gugh. These things are like $15-$50; it's seems kind of sketchy to have to pay hundreds for the exact same functionality.

The Zuni router is what I found, but looking more into it, seems like the company's not quite active. Anyone from California know? Their fb page has not been updated since 2012.

http://www.zunidigital.com/?page_id=218

Its perfect tho, about the size of a cigarette pack apparently.

That's interesting, so you mean this little Zuni router (which can be powered through USB) plus one of these Laird Ethernet to Lemo cables would allow to replace a Redlink box and use iPhone apps like Foolcontrol ? That sounds great.

Jacek, can you confirm that this would allow to use at the same time your Optitron 2 and iPhone apps ? From what I understand, the Optitron receiver plugs into the CTRL port of the camera, and this router would go into the Ethernet port, right ? If that's the case, could both work at the same time ?

There are quite a few rj-45 to wireless-n modules out there... here's another one: http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Univer...8YRAJJ7EYGNBH0

Most of them will be powered by either ethernet or a small transformer (down to 9 or 12v).
    David Kuhn
    Epic-M Dragon Monochrome #1995 (Dilbert)

Quote Originally Posted by Nils Ruinet View Post
    That's interesting, so you mean this little Zuni router (which can be powered through USB) plus one of these Laird Ethernet to Lemo cables would allow to replace a Redlink box and use iPhone apps like Foolcontrol ? That sounds great.

Jacek, can you confirm that this would allow to use at the same time your Optitron 2 and iPhone apps ? From what I understand, the Optitron receiver plugs into the CTRL port of the camera, and this router would go into the Ethernet port, right ? If that's the case, could both work at the same time ?
    That's why I'm looking as well Nils ;)
    Best, j
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by David Kuhn View Post
    There are quite a few rj-45 to wireless-n modules out there... here's another one: http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Univer...8YRAJJ7EYGNBH0

Most of them will be powered by either ethernet or a small transformer (down to 9 or 12v).
    Don't think that Netgear is gigabit ethernet. From the Amazon page: "Gigabit Ethernet Port-No"