Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: foolcontrol - power fool DSMC camera control

Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Senior Member Mikael Lubtchansky's Avatar
    Have you set up the COLR as a bridge for RED in its menu ?
    I do not have mine with me here so I cannot tell you exactly where is that setup located in the COLR menu but if you do not get a DHCP address that might be the issue...

Have you contacted Teradek support yet ? They should also be able to help with seeing this up.
    foolcat : HTML / PDF visual reports for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for iOS
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for Android
    foolcolor.net staying hungry, staying foolish facebook instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Gianennio Salucci View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Connected to camera through Ethernet. DCHP mode displays a non 172.16.x.x number which the teradek videos says it needs to work. Everything looks connected but can't get foolcontrol to see the colr by searching for camera OR by manual IP. Not sure which manual IP to enter anyway... The colr or the camera?

Is this a possible routing issue? Colr is connected to the red and my network successfully.
    Two things:

Generally, it's 172.24.x.x aka 172.24.0.0/16, not 172.16.x.x
    Also, when in that world, 255.255.0.0 is the subnet mask.
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tiemann View Post
    Two things:

Generally, it's 172.24.x.x aka 172.24.0.0/16, not 172.16.x.x
    Also, when in that world, 255.255.0.0 is the subnet mask.
    My Colr is saying its subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 and its IP is 172.16.2.1

Tried manually entering the IP on the RED to 172.16.2.10 and its gateway to 172.16.2.1 and its subnet to 255.255.255.0 and no dice. My brain tells me this should work.

When DCHP is checked on the RED, it goes to IP of 169.254.215.219, subnet mask 255.255.0.0, gateway to 0.0.0.0.

Both devices are on newest firmware. No idea here.....

4.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gianennio Salucci View Post
    My Colr is saying its subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 and its IP is 172.16.2.1

Tried manually entering the IP on the RED to 172.16.2.10 and its gateway to 172.16.2.1 and its subnet to 255.255.255.0 and no dice. My brain tells me this should work.

When DCHP is checked on the RED, it goes to IP of 169.254.215.219, subnet mask 255.255.0.0, gateway to 0.0.0.0.

Both devices are on newest firmware. No idea here.....
    For what it's worth, if the camera's IP address is 169.254.x.x when DHCP is slected that means it could not find a DHCP server and auto assigned itself an IP address pursuant to RFC 3927 (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link-local_address).

The wifi still crashes every single time I go into 1:1. I thought it's been 6 months with plenty of firmware updates so I gave it another shot. The app stops responding, the camera can't reconnect to the network and gets stuck on "Shutting down" until you remove the battery.

This was the case with the stock firmware when I got my camera in March and this is still the case today with the 7.0 RC3. This has nothing to do with the signal, the router is 50 cm away from the camera. Once you 1:1, you're done.

A real shame this is taking so long to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterjan Djufri Futra View Post
    The wifi still crashes every single time I go into 1:1. I thought it's been 6 months with plenty of firmware updates so I gave it another shot. The app stops responding, the camera can't reconnect to the network and gets stuck on "Shutting down" until you remove the battery.

This was the case with the stock firmware when I got my camera in March and this is still the case today with the 7.0 RC3. This has nothing to do with the signal, the router is 50 cm away from the camera. Once you 1:1, you're done.

A real shame this is taking so long to fix.
    Hello Pieterjan

I just tested here again intensively switching 1:1 on and off from both the iOS and OS X app connected by wifi (infrastructure) and all seems OK on this Epic-W running 7.0 rc4.

Have you been sending your log files to red.com/support ?
    Is it working normally if you enable 1:1 from the touch screen ?

Mikael

Hi Mikael, thanks for the fast reply. I have not sent log files to RED. I have the exact same on my colleagues Epic-W. Would you say this is a hardware issue? Seems like it would be too much of a coincidence for 2 brand new cameras to have the same issues.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/archive.../t-152217.html

This archived thread is almost a year old and no fix in sight. I quickly read through and I can assure you this has nothing to do with ad-hoc WiFi as I've tried at least 2 seperate access points. With the 7.0 Release build on the Scarlet-W I managed to do go in and out of 1:1 2 times until the third time failed and crashed the WiFi. Epic-W doesn't work at all. It seems like the camera is locking up for a second as it changes to 1:1 - long enough for the WiFi to drop.

Is this at least being looked into? Very sad this app that costed €150 has only been useful for filling up my phone storage.

Just found this link: http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...nnection/page2
    Turns out it's a RED issue? Seems weird we have all this streaming and high bandwidth applications running on WiFi but a simple command protocol is too much for it to handle?
    Last edited by Pieterjan Djufri Futra; 10-12-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterjan Djufri Futra View Post
    http://www.reduser.net/forum/archive.../t-152217.html

This archived thread is almost a year old and no fix in sight. I quickly read through and I can assure you this has nothing to do with ad-hoc WiFi as I've tried at least 2 seperate access points. With the 7.0 Release build on the Scarlet-W I managed to do go in and out of 1:1 2 times until the third time failed and crashed the WiFi. Epic-W doesn't work at all. It seems like the camera is locking up for a second as it changes to 1:1 - long enough for the WiFi to drop.

Is this at least being looked into? Very sad this app that costed 150 has only been useful for filling up my phone storage.

Just found this link: http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...nnection/page2
    Turns out it's a RED issue? Seems weird we have all this streaming and high bandwidth applications running on WiFi but a simple command protocol is too much for it to handle?

Hello Peterjan...

Sorry to hear about your troubles, I think it would be worth sending some logs files to investigate this issue further.

The app is sending plain RCP command for all its features including MAGNIFY. It does take around 3 seconds to toggle (same as when triggered from a camera button) but it should definitely not be dropping wifi.

fwiw, here is a clip I just shot , toggling in out of 1:1 magnify over a dozen times on a weapon camera running fw 7.0 over wifi (infrastructure in this case)...

https://vimeo.com/foolcolor/magnify

Having Epic-W upgraded to Helium so Im back trying to remember how to setup an Epic Dragon with an offhollywood hotlink device and the Mac OS version of the software.

Is there a guide anywhere for this>?

Mac OS can see the hotlink wifi, but can't see the camera.

Hotlink is connected to the control port...!