Thread: Shipping advice for sending my Epic from Oz to Red for repair

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    So my Dragon landed back in Australia after a 10day journey to Red HQ and back.

With an Export Declaration Number (EDN) issued by the Aust. Customs, all was returned to me without a hitch, no extra charges or taxes or any hassles passing through customs on the way back.

If your exporting an item over $2000 in value, you need to obtain an EDN!

Yep just went thru that . PITA before you can ship your own camera you have to get clearance from customs to do it !

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Garrick View Post
    Yep just went thru that . PITA before you can ship your own camera you have to get clearance from customs to do it !
    I am in Dominik's camp (Post #40) - just do exactly what Red tells you (and pre approves) as far as documentation is concerned and ship it with Fedex. Pay Fedex with credit card over the phone when it returns and accept delivery. Red return documentation cross references outgoing waybill and that satisfies customs. There is really nothing to it

John Winzar

Now having done it, it is pretty fast under 24 hrs for the clearance number. It's just finding the correct customs code number on the website for the application.

Anyway for those who need it, the commodity classification code is 8525. This code is required on the document form B957 to be downloaded here....

http://www.cargosupport.gov.au/site/documents/B957.pdf.

Once filled in submit the form to customs for the individual/unique export number for your camera ( in my case submitted 5.30pm. cleared by 2.30pm next day)

Hope this helps someone.
    Last edited by Mike Garrick; 08-10-2014 at 08:27 PM.