Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Leica Summilux-C Lenses Stolen from Focus Optics in Burbank

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Whoa Shame on the Thief.......... But double shame on the owner for not protecting these fine lens as if it where a new born child.
    Call me stupid but these lens would have been under LOCK AND KEY with IP camera pointed at them at all times like my Epic when I'm not using it! I can access the camera from my phone 24/7. But yeah this sucks. over 200K in lens WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jackson View Post
    Whoa Shame on the Thief.......... But double shame on the owner for not protecting these fine lens as if it where a new born child.
    Call me stupid but these lens would have been under LOCK AND KEY with IP camera pointed at them at all times like my Epic when I'm not using it! I can access the camera from my phone 24/7. But yeah this sucks. over 200K in lens WOW!
    With violence, everything can be stolen. Last year I had a lot of gear stolen... four guys and a simple knife. Probalby heavier weapons, but we wouldnīt check. They pretended to return gear from an existing producer company. And the security cameras show their faces clearly... and uselessly. Who are them? Nobody knows. Hundreds of thousands of look-alikes...
    Gear stolen in Buenos Aires, Argentina... may be in Ecuador, or Pakistan, or wherever. Producers renting it would not check serial numbers as itīs none of their business... and that when the gear HAS serial numbers. Lots of expensive cine gear does not carry a serial number today. Probably getting lower rental prices... so less interest in checking dubious gear.
    Nothing to do about it but regret the situation.

Guido

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Checa View Post
    This set was stolen in the street... with security guys present and near... AC just turn away for a second, and the case was gone!
    Guido

Quote Originally Posted by Guidofilippi View Post
    With violence, everything can be stolen. Last year I had a lot of gear stolen... four guys and a simple knife. Probalby heavier weapons, but we wouldnīt check. They pretended to return gear from an existing producer company. And the security cameras show their faces clearly... and uselessly. Who are them? Nobody knows. Hundreds of thousands of look-alikes...
    Gear stolen in Buenos Aires, Argentina... may be in Ecuador, or Pakistan, or wherever. Producers renting it would not check serial numbers as itīs none of their business... and that when the gear HAS serial numbers. Lots of expensive cine gear does not carry a serial number today. Probably getting lower rental prices... so less interest in checking dubious gear.
    Nothing to do about it but regret the situation.

Guido

Well I guess that's a little different then someone sneaking into your house while your not home. But wow.

Contact Band Pro FIlm & Digital headquarters in Burbank. 818-841-9655. We should be able to confirm serial numbers for concerns related to stolen lenses.
    John Fishburn
    Band Pro East
    john.fishburn@bandpro.com
    O 212-227-8577
    M 917-577-1653
    Leica Cinema Primes
    http://bandpro.com