Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: foolcontrol for iPhone...

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikael Lubtchansky View Post
    Hello Leroy,

not decided on pricing yet for iPhone version (runs on iPad too in x1 / x2 'emulated' mode but the initial version will be designed for iPhone / iPodTouch screen size).

Expect features on par (and sometime more advanced than the current OS X version) so it certainly won't be a 20$ app...

Will give details as soon as price is confirmed.

Well I suppose I can swing 25 bucks for it haha. Just kidding. This app is gonna be KILLER! Keep us posted :)

ipad minis is preferred for us or still ahve interest in iPhone 5s or 4s

Senior Member Mikael Lubtchansky's Avatar
    Thanks Dave. foolcontrol iOS is designed to run on iPhone 5/5s and also on 4s smaller screens.
    It works fine on iPad in emulated mode with 1x 2x zoomed user interface. Will probably start working on a specific iPad design after the iPhone release...

here is a pict from NightFactory beta testing it in the field on an iPad mini :

-> tweet tweet tweet
    foolcat : HTML / PDF visual reports for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for iOS
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for Android
    foolcolor.net staying hungry, staying foolish facebook instagram

Looks great. So heres what may appear to be an odd one for you. We would like to control Epic/Dragon via Fool Control on iPad mini but via cable not via Wireless. Gbit and via the Control port but not simultaneously, its different configurations. The reason for the cable requirement is we use cameras in housings. We have several firm requirements for this config.

Ethernet is no problem... as long as camera and iPad are on same network via gigabit router it works fine.

Control port, not yet implemented in my apps but I shall look into it. You plan on plugging a serial cable into the iPad ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael Lubtchansky View Post
    Ethernet is no problem... as long as camera and iPad are on same network via gigabit router it works fine.

Control port, not yet implemented in my apps but I shall look into it. You plan on plugging a serial cable into the iPad ?
    Gbit sounds good to me. Question on iPad Mini is there any form of ethernet interface other than wireless (I know I should know this)

re control port, yes potentially use serial interface if we can.

All of this sounds good, may be email me we can discuss direct.

Nope, as far as I know the only way to connect an iPad to the internet is via wifi, no wired solution to use a GIG-E cable.

I will try to build a serial cable and look into control port solution but might not be able to do so before mid next month... send me your email in PM or email me : mika at foolcolor dot net...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blackham View Post
    Looks great. So heres what may appear to be an odd one for you. We would like to control Epic/Dragon via Fool Control on iPad mini but via cable not via Wireless. Gbit and via the Control port but not simultaneously, its different configurations. The reason for the cable requirement is we use cameras in housings. We have several firm requirements for this config.
    Hmmmmm .... easiest way here is to make a custom Gbit cable that connects to the camera in the housing. Then, connect that cable to a router - connect the iOS device to the router.

There are actually solutions for rs232 wired to iOS devices - (http://redpark.com/serial-cable-115-2-kbps-c2-db9v/) but - you need to code software specifically for this - so ... I'd take the path of least resistance with Gbit cable > WiFI Router > iPad
    Mark L. Pederson

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    The redpark serial solution works well with the camera. In fact we had support for it in our iPad application at NAB. The problem is getting an application with redpark support approved in the App Store. For one off or in house projects it works great.

By the way, our android app will connect wired to our cameras using a USB to serial adaptor.

Yes Trent, just got their SDK and it looks like anything commercial using this cable cannot be distributed, only home/school/enterprises stuff :-(

Guess it would require using Ad hoc distribution for such an app and avoid going thru the app store altogether (for limited distribution).

edit : confirmed from Redpark : Apple approved the use of lightning or 30pin connector thru their MADE FOR iPHONE program to make the sell the serial cable but not the distribution of Apps using it thru the app store. Only private deploy.