Thread: Red Mini-Mag reader not mounting card

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Red Mini-Mag reader not mounting card 
    Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    I've tried to mount a Red Mini-Mag card to my macbook pro and it doesn't show up at all. Not in finder, Redcine-X or disk utility. I mount it through USB3.0 and I also tried the usb power cable with no luck.
    When I mount it on a PC it doesn't show up either, but in Redcine-X it shows up as "Removable disk" but there's nothing on it.

The Mini-Mag card works without problem in my Epic.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600 Red Komodo #002397

Hi Chris,

Some minima's require a bit of "effort" to seat in the reader. One of my four required much more "effort" than the other three. It "clicked into " place and has gotten easier to seat over time. I was surprised how much it took to get it seated, compared to the other three

Thank you very much

Fury
    Carbon Woven Stealth, RRX, KOWA ANAMORPHIC Full Production RENTALS

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?111020-FOR-RENT-CARBON-FIBER-DRAGON-SO-CAL-AREA-CON-U-S&highlight=Rent+Fury

949.689.5614 srgtfury@gmail.com

Thank you very much

Fury

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Haha, damn, you're right.... I think I'm a bit too careful with everything :D
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600 Red Komodo #002397

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    Haha, damn, you're right.... I think I'm a bit too careful with everything :D
    I could have given a more flowery description of the technique, but glad it worked.

This question has occurred enough that RED might check the QC on the cards/readers and, in the meantime, put a note in the card envelope. Maybe a, how shall I say Sticky would be a good idea as well...

Thank you very much

Fury

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?111020-FOR-RENT-CARBON-FIBER-DRAGON-SO-CAL-AREA-CON-U-S&highlight=Rent+Fury

Thank you very much

Fury

+1 on this, minimag reader has some intermittent behavioral issues. I don't think it's the cards. I think the USB 3.0 connection is not up to snuff. I tried changing cables. And got the same issue, sometimes it works right away sometimes it doesn't.

I'm due to send in an email to red support about it now that I am finding out it's not just me
    -------------
    Josh Binder
    Now in Germany
    [EMAIL="binder_joshua@bah.com"]

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Binder View Post
    +1 on this, minimag reader has some intermittent behavioral issues. I don't think it's the cards. I think the USB 3.0 connection is not up to snuff. I tried changing cables. And got the same issue, sometimes it works right away sometimes it doesn't.

I'm due to send in an email to red support about it now that I am finding out it's not just me
    hi Joshua,

Sounds as though you have had a different issue than OP and others, including me are referring to, in that there is a physical issue solely, that once properly seated in the reader, works just fine.

Thank you very much

Fury

Thank you very much

Fury

7. #7 RED MINI MAG not being read by Red Station. Red Light shuts off when inserted. 
    Hi, a few days ago I inserted my min mag card like any other day and this time it decided it would not mount. I tried different computers, different USB's, just USB, with or without dc power in. I don't have a shoot for about a week but if this were to happen with consecutive shoot days... I'd be SOL.
    Anyone have an issue with theirs?
    How did you resolve?

wow this go me too!

Me too. I cabled with eSATA and everything worked perfectly.
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith

I ended up having to get a new Mag reader because my mag reader wouldnt mount one of my minimags. Did yours ever get resolved?