Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: "Alleged" SCAM ARTIST LIST - Add yours here.

Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    I received a PM from Robert Blanc too. He has 0 posts, and no info, seems totally bogus to me...here is what he sent:

"Hey regarding your want i have the requested item in excellent condition
    kindly follow the link bellow login for details and photos

LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN
    Last edited by Jason Ramsey; 01-24-2018 at 08:25 AM. Reason: phishing link included in post
    BRAINCELL CAMERA - MICHIGAN Renting Weapon Helium, Gemini, Raven, Alexa Studio, Alexa Mini
    Primes: Atlas Anamorphics, Cooke Panchro Classic, Sigma Cine, Celere HS, Leica R, Zeiss Contax
    Zooms: Optimo 15-40, Optimo DPs, Cooke 18-100, Duclos 11-16
    Support: Ronin 2, Black Arm, Alpha Wheels, Tero, ReadyRig, EasyRig, Teradek RT FIZs, Teradek Bolts, Bright Tangerine matteboxes, FSI monitors
    ------
    Cinematography/Production Professor, Compass College of Cinematic Arts, Grand Rapids, MI

southwood.alvin@yahoo.com

He is selling a 25-250 cooke lens, he is trying to scam me using the paypal, and I cut it off in the middle.
    Eric Oliver from Tenesee is a reduser name.

He used a method of
    1. Asking you pay on paypal - He will say "ONCE MONEY IS CLEARED", I will send the lens to you
    2. He marked on paypal "Item Shipped"
    3. Than, he says wait 1 week for me to send you the lens.

When I accused him for not trying to scam me, his reaction is "I ain't cancel the transaction, i am tired of this, call paypal to cancel it"
    He is a completely scam artist.
    WWW.MINU-PARK.COM
    South Korean Director based on NYC
    Epic-W, Movi Package, Inspire1 Pro, Steadicam

Marketplace Vendor
    Tom, that is how they hack your account! Never click on requested links such as those! Tired of these trolls.

SARAFAZ MAHOMED - This guy had a RED Raven deal go south, and then was saying he had a Scarlet-W for sale super cheap. Then suddenly he closed the thread out when we started calling him out. He says his email is sarfarazmahomed@gmail.com and when I research him, it said he resided in the UK and was working for "SW Estates" @ 1447 London Rd, London SW16 4AQ, UK... And here are some of their Google reviews:

"These are the SHITTEST estate agents ever they are always lying never pick up calls. There is one fatty guy that always eats chicken and this guy never does his work he is so rude. They don't fix your problems or care about your problems they are just the worst NEVER go to to them."

"Fraudsters and thieves, please do not trust this company they owe be over 20K and not willing to pay!!! They promise rents and failed to pay for one year and also not willing to give my flat keys back! Will start legal proceedings now"

"The WORST ABSOLUTELY THE WORST estate agents ever. Really rude and disorganised. Horrid bunch of morons really. No other word to describe them. The properties they a alleged to have are all strangely spoken of which makes me seriously ..."

"I've just come out of a tenancy with sw lets. Nothing is straight forward, they are unbelievably unprofessional, a bunch of "

RICHARD GLENN
    http://www.reduser.net/forum/member....-Richard-Glenn
    Another scammer floating around. BE-CAREFUL, I saw him posting some lenses for sale also and try to send me phony site to log in

WARNING THIS IS A PHISHING LINK/forum/login.htm
    Omkar Gauchan
    DP/RED Tech

EPIC DRAGON M: 00957, EPIC DRAGON: 07705
    EPIC: 05176, EPIC: 02610, EPIC: 07540, EPIC 02564

Zeiss LDS and NON LDS Ultra Prime Sets(16, 24, 32, 50, 85) Zeiss Ultra Primes(16, 24, 32, 50, 85)
    Zeiss CP2 (15, 25, 35, 50, 85), Sony CineAlta 4K Lens set(20, 25, 35, 50, 85, 135)
    GL 18-35 T*1.8 Zoom, GL 11-16mm & Duclos 11-16mm Zoom

Also:
    http://asleshaent.com
    https://www.facebook.com/AsleshaEntertainment, NEPAL (Rental/Post)

NICOS AMBATZIS

http://www.reduser.net/forum/member....Nicos-Ambatzis

Hi, I just got scam from the senior member Nicos Ambatzis. His paypal email is romatripp@gmail.com. He use a lot of trick to ask me send money to him by Friends and Family (Paypal) for fast shipping purpose. And It happen. He didn't ship the lenses set to me and didn't receive any call or text or even email. I got fired from the company because of this deal, suspected that I cheat company money.
    Last edited by Sok Heng; 02-09-2018 at 10:04 AM.

So I recently put together everything to finally go in on a Scarlet-W package. I found a brain, v-lock, & ef mount that Liam Briggs had posted for his "friend" Ryan Stephen Phillips. Come to find out this man is a total con artist with a fake IMDB, Vimeo, twitter, instagram, NoFilmSchool account, the whole 9 yards... Anyway I transferred the funds via bank wire transfer to his "colleague" Antonio Hodge Dominguez." Come to find out that he was dragging me along never providing the tracking and thats when he lost all communication in the past couple days which resulted in my panic. I went ahead and called the police to file police report, called & called the bank for fraud. He says he's located in San Antonio, Tx but highly doubtful. (address provided: 1530 NW Crossroads # 922
    San Antonio, TX 78251.)

ANYWAY that's just ONE of the THREE transactions I was scammed on... In order to get a full working rig I was on a look out for a monitor and Mini mags. I was fortunate to be in LA at the time so I stopped by the red store to rig up some parts to get a feel for the type of rig & parts I specifically need . Super awesome place basically heaven.

SO... the monitor transaction was by a guy named Jeffery Bardt. This one was some huge red flags on my part in which I should have taken WAY more precaution. I'm super excited because I finally agreed on the RED i've been dreaming about so I wanted to get things going quick to get a shooting rig built. So we sent emails & provided me with a fake phone number. We agreed to go through Venmo which is the worst thing I could have done as venmo does not cover anything like this (its meant for small transactions between friends you actually know) never buy or sell things through venmo. SO... same scenario where I sent him the funds over in which resulted in him being pretty knowledgeable about REDs smooth talking me and then all the sudden all communication stopped. I immediately called Venmo and theres nothing they can do.. This was the first instance of SCAM for me so then I paniced and called all the transactions to make sure this wasnt Fraud... Transaction was through his "roommate" ... (red flag) Leonard Chisholm. (emailed me off my post to red market place WTB red parts)

THE THIRD SCAM: was with a guy named Brett Maletic for x2 480GB Mini Mags he wanted to package at a crazy deal of $2000 bundle. I thought it was a super deal. So I freaked out and told him the situation that I had been scammed and I needed the information from him in which he told me some sob story on how he was sorry for me and that I need to file a police report all while this guy is scamming me too... I had already sent the funds to his wife: Latonica Sims Maletic to their bank in San Francisco. So same thing one day all communcation was lost and this was the third instance so I reported this and the RED body to the police. (this guy emailed me off my post to red marketplace WTB red parts)

SO that's where I am today. I'm pretty destroyed at the moment... dreams crushed feelings. Self-loathing in how I could have been more careful and patient. I put absolutely everything I had into the camera and parts because I was finally at that moment in my career to upgrade to shoots needing it & become an owner/Op.

If anyone has more information or any ways of helping just contact me message. Tim Daust has been a huge help to me! Thanks everyone hopefully I can help other people learn from my mistakes.

Maybe will put out a catfish type vlog of this.

Hello Alex,

I'm currently in your case ... with this Ryan Stephen Phillips ... that may exist ... maybe not ... but that the police can find.
    The best way: his bank

For me (knowing that I am located in France), it is a Red Raven that UPS has never found ... I pass the details, this story has turned my life up for several weeks ... and I am determined to get my money back.

Only the cooperation of the bank can help us.
    Did you pay by bank transfer or Paypal?
    In my case, by transfer.
    The bank concerned: the PNC

My bank is trying to contact them, no answer for now.
    Their legal department must recognize that its "client" is questionable and allow a blocking of the account and eventually a refund.

These crooks are using the current IT tools, it's up to us to do the same thing.

We must spread the names with links on Reduser, Facebook, Twitter, Intagram, etc ...

It is imperative to react to this bank, which welcomes these fake customers ...

The PNC bank, which must act against its doubtful customers! ...

So Ryan Stephen Phillips is actually trying to taunt me by saying I helped him buy a car:

https://twitter.com/jryandotorg/stat...12922796777473