Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: "Alleged" SCAM ARTIST LIST - Add yours here.

Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast
    Senior Member Raphael_Carpenter's Avatar
    Andrew Cohen - very suspicious
    he is offering Movi Pro for low price but the photo is stolen from Puhlmann.tv website:

https://image.jimcdn.com/app/cms/ima...1822/image.jpg

REDUSER Ad:

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...bilizer-System

STEADICAM | PHOTOGRAPHER | FILMMAKER

WEAPON 6K / ALEXA MINI / COOKE / MASTER PRIMES
    www.nice-shot.co.uk | RedFilms.tv

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael_Carpenter View Post
    Andrew Cohen - very suspicious
    he is offering Movi Pro for low price but the photo is stolen from Puhlmann.tv website:

https://image.jimcdn.com/app/cms/ima...1822/image.jpg

REDUSER Ad:

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...bilizer-System
    I agree with this. Think the account might be stolen from original user
    RED DSMC2 GEMINI #011030

Mark Parker

Buyers beware, offering Leica Summicron-C lenses for low price and didn’t want to take any of the steps to provide legitimacy of the sale. Once I explained I was very interested and needed further verification, after discussing extensively, he says the lenses were taken off the market due to a local buyer.

Do your due diligence. Just stating my experience. I believe the deal on his lenses (if you could even say they are his) is “too good to be true.”

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...-T2-0-PL-Mount
    RED DSMC2 GEMINI #011030

quite a lame attempt, fake paypal payment email

ebay user "iluvmjmr" here are his details:

Bobbie Jo DeCavitch
    bjd112369@yahoo.com

I am sure you must have gotten my payment confirmation email from PayPal now, Kindly check your PayPal email inbox/spam or junk to confirm the payment notification.I need you to understand that i have made the payment to you now and my account has been deducted as well so you are required to complete the transaction and make sure the item is posted via FedEx standard Overnight ASAP and you keep me posted on the tracking number once you have the item shipped out...

Willis Hassell
    2229 NW 79th Ave Suite# 78347032
    Miami, Florida 33122
    USA

Hope To Read From You Soon

Thank You For Your Business.

am not sure this is the right place to put this, but couldn't figure where else it may go. So with that said.....

I am not sure but I think there may be a problem with a members account here. I am wanting to buy this guys lenses but he takes time to reply and then when he does gives a vague message of send Paypal payment to an email address he nominates.

I did in fact try this, but Paypal blocked the transaction. I thought it might be my bank that my paypal account is linked too but its not them. I logged a case with Paypal and they say they did in fact block the transaction because it did not pass security checks but that other transactions i did are fine.

So I send a message relaying all this Paypal stuff/issues and he has gone silent - no further responses.

Something is not sounding right with this transaction.

Could it be that this persons account has been hijacked and this person is unaware of it...maybe ? If that is the case, its no use sending a message to him as the hijacker will get it...right?

So I hope by posting here I can get the attention of the real person. Before I go ahead and post the persons name here, is there any other way I should be going about it because I do not want to bring this persons name into disrepute in anyway. He may get really upset if I have this all wrong and i mention his name here.

I want to buy these lenses but I also want to be safe.

Thoughts on how to proceed ?

I am really sorry to read all the horror stories of people getting robbed. We all work really hard to earn our money and to have thousands of bucks ripped off can literally be life and career crippling.

This is why have a question, and it is not meant to be snarky or insulting - and I ask it only to see what methods might be implemented to keep this from happening to me . . . so is there a reason that folks do not use places like Escrow.com or others?
    For me the 1% up-charge seems worth the price, but I also know that there are other things that come with it that might keep me from using any of them.

Thanks in advance,

JM

Quote Originally Posted by bart cortright View Post
    hey guys,

recently dealt with a scammer. After I posted a WTB post for a small hd 1703 a reduser member named Graham Morgan sent me an message that said -

"Hi, Email Bob on jjkens919@gmail.com regarding your request. I am sure he can help. Tuscaloosa Alabama."

I did email that address and the person who responded tried to sell me a 1703 but seemed to know nothing about it. I googled that email address and I found people reporting him on various car and gun selling forums as a scammer. Beware.
    "Graham Morgan" recently PM'd me about a WTB request as well. Very similar request to email someone else
    SCARLET-W
    SLR Magic APO HyperPrimes CINE

What's up guys - new user here but no stranger to the online film forums world. Just putting up a red flag for dealing with CLAY HASKELL aka C.H HASKELL. He seems to be well respected on here but my god what a pain in the ass to deal with. Long story short about 6 weeks ago I sent him payment for a tripod he was selling on here, and since then have been dealing with 6 weeks of excuses of why the tripod hasn't shipped, if the tripod is actually functional and a variety of other BS. Eventually he determined that the tripod 'needed servicing', and since I didn't have time to dick around for weeks on end dealing with this guy, I asked for a refund.
    He clearly already spent the money I sent as Paypal rejected the refund he tried to send. Then he mentioned he'd have to send the refund in three separate payments. It took a couple of weeks to get the first two but I haven't received the last $1,000.

Anyways this guy is a huge goof, if he's a scammer he's not a very bright one. Overall I'd recommend steering clear of whatever he has for sale as he will likely just pocket the money and make endless excuses about the item, refunds, etc. etc. It kind of sucks that this has to be my first post but hopefully someone can learn from it and be sure to not buy anything from this mope.
    Last edited by Ryan Chris Northcott; 05-22-2019 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Chris Northcott View Post
    What's up guys - new user here but no stranger to the online film forums world. Just putting up a red flag for dealing with CLAY HASKELL aka C.H HASKELL. He seems to be well respected on here but my god what a pain in the ass to deal with. Long story short about 6 weeks ago I sent him payment for a tripod he was selling on here, and since then have been dealing with 6 weeks of excuses of why the tripod hasn't shipped, if the tripod is actually functional and a variety of other BS. Eventually he determined that the tripod 'needed servicing', and since I didn't have time to dick around for weeks on end dealing with this guy, I asked for a refund.
    He clearly already spent the money I sent as Paypal rejected the refund he tried to send. Then he mentioned he'd have to send the refund in three separate payments. It took a couple of weeks to get the first two but I haven't received the last $1,000.

Anyways this guy is a huge goof, if he's a scammer he's not a very bright one. Overall I'd recommend steering clear of whatever he has for sale as he will likely just pocket the money and make endless excuses about the item, refunds, etc. etc. It kind of sucks that this has to be my first post but hopefully someone can learn from it and be sure to not buy anything from this mope.
    did you report this to a moderator?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Chris Northcott View Post

Update: finally got my $1,000 back after endless pestering and threatening to spam his networks with bad reviews. All’s well that ends well but still would not recommend dealing with this guy in any capacity.