Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: "Alleged" SCAM ARTIST LIST - Add yours here.

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Hey guys, I don't really post here but someone linked this thread over at DVXUser so I thought I'd throw my story into the mix. I got scammed by "Bailey Sims" for a kino divalite about a week ago. After initially no response and ignoring my texts/calls, etc. for several days, he finally called and cursed at me, threatened to come shoot me, threatened my family, etc. A little while later, he called me back to tell me he was on a plane to New York. He kept saying his name wasn't really Bailey and I wasn't getting my money back, laughing, etc. Really childish stuff to the point where I sort-of had to laugh at it (might not have felt the same way if not for Paypals protection policy). He sent me a few harassing texts and a voicemail as well. After seeing that I posted about him on DVXUser, he seemed to get upset to the point where he offered to refund my money (which he never did).

Jason, I can PM you in greater detail if you'd like.

Nick
    Last edited by Nick Castronuova; 09-06-2014 at 01:46 AM.

Banned
    I have been around for a long time selling equipment and this scam artist has been using the name Bailey Sims for a while now. IHe used to be in Tenn. If I can ever help someone out let me know I will be happy there is nothing I hate more is seeing people getting ripped off. There are a lot of them out there. That is why I stopped selling on ebay every time I did it was a scam and they screwed up my auctions and then spent a ton of time trying to get my money back form Ebay.

It's beginning to look like our Reduser, DVX and
    Photography-on-the-net SCAMMER is also working
    other WANTED TO BUY forums in expensive watches
    and other products beyond camera equipment.

He is working all WTB websites with non-existent
    products via Paypal payments.

Same aliases and setups with phoney Twitter and Facebook accounts.

Before you buy anything by internet
    offers via email ask the seller to PDF his drivers license with photos of the products and the serial numbers. Anything coming out of Georgia or South Carolina should be suspect.

It's beginning to look like an organized crime ring worthy of FBI attention under Federal Racketeering Statutes.
    James L. Perry
    Intergalaxy Entertainment
    PO Box 50628
    Pasadena, CA. 91106

email to: intergalaxyentertainment@gmail.com

Didn't they do "THE GREAT IMPOSTER" with the scammer in mind? LOL.
    James L. Perry
    PO Box 50628
    Pasadena, CA. 91106

Banned
    Bwahahahaha! (not at you that got scammed, just this idiot replying to a post calling him out for being a scammer) SC is my home state, maybe I can poke around a bit and figure out who this guy is :-)

**edit**
    Yikes, just saw post #24... I live in Chicago now guys, don't associate me with those guys! SC is full of a bunch of ignorant rednecks... excluding my dear family of course.

Banned
    Goes back to the old saying "if it is too good to be true it is too good to be true!"
    If you have to pay a little more to work with an established company that specializes in used equipment sales so be it at least you have reference and you get your equipment and you get a check out period and the seller is not paid till you are satisfied with your purchase. I have been in business specializing in sales of quality used gear and have seen a lot thru the years. Some stories to laugh about and some not! One thing I know it is very rare that the FBI gets involved and even if they do you don't get your gear you bought or your money back!

I've come to learn even very well established companies try to pull scams with used gear. Think two of the biggest A/V gear companies in the US, both out of NYC. Both tried scamming me recently by advertising one lens, only to send another (v1 vs v2). In both cases they were charging nearly double of the going rate for what it actually was. The experience was reminiscent of a bad used car salesman experience. Used depts at otherwise reputable shops seem to often operate on their own terms hoping they can sneak things by customers who may not know any better. Of course I was refunded in both cases after detailing their bait-and-swith scams. But they sure took their time to issue the refunds.

My takeaway was to be extra careful no matter where you order from, especially used gear certainly use Paypal payment with individuals you haven't bought from before. I take some issue with singling out Georgia here James when Atlanta is probably the third largest video production region in the US (and I happen to live in the area and buy/sell here at times). South Carolina on the other hand:)...

But yes be extra careful, esp when the price seems too good to be true.

I agree with you Mark. I have relatives and business connections both in SC and Georgia.
    Unfortunately the scammer ring is operating out of SC and Jonesboro, GA.

Individual internet scams normally don't rise to the level of Federal Criminal Jurisdiction,
    but in this case interstate bank fraud and Racketeering are viable charges to bring to a
    grand jury for indictments. As long as you are buying locally, you have a chance to meet the
    seller and examine the goods.
    James L. Perry
    PO Box 50628
    Pasadena, CA. 91106

With all the scamming going on, maybe we need a "trusted" list too.
    Filmmaker, Actor
    Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube
    Epic-X Dragon #08468 | Sigma Art 35/1.4, 50/1.4, Rokinon 85/1.4