Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RR-X video out - when?

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. #1 RR-X video out - when? 
    I love my RR-X, its such a treat to playback Dragon footy at full decode - delicious!

What would make the RR-X truly awesome is if the video outputs were live. There are a number of configurations that start to make a lot of sense if the RR-X can drive a UHD or 4K monitor directly rather than enlisting a beefy GPU with it's TDP (power/heat), bus bandwidth and I/O throughput requirements.

Has enabling the video taps turned out to be insanely difficult? Have engineering resources been diverted to GPU decoding tech? I've been waiting patiently and trusting that Rob and the gang are doing all they can - but it's been a long time.

I recognize that companies need to keep some info away from competitors. That said, with all due respect, it would be great to get a progress update of some kind.

Cheers - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. Paulsen View Post
    That said, with all due respect, it would be great to get a progress update of some kind.

Cheers - #19
    I to love my RED Rocket X but it would be great to hear some news regarding this!
    EPIC-M #890 Dragon "Signature"

HMKFILMS ltd
    EPIC MOMENTS AT EXTREME QUALITY!

I bought this BMD Decklink card: I think it works with RedcineX and definitely works with Resolve and RRX. Fits in the sonnet chassis with the RRX. Only $300:

Blackmagic Design Decklink SDI 4K Capture & Playback Card

Would that work for you?
    Eric
    cinematographer
    www.ericjhaase.com

Any updates on progress getting the RR-X video outputs enabled…

Trying to avoid spending a chunk of change on system components to support UHD/4K monitoring that I was expecting the RR-X to drive directly. The RR-X may be worth it's price tag even without live video outs, but it was one of the features I had put on the "pros" list before making the purchase decision. Yes, I knew it wasn't working yet when I got the card, and I'm not screaming for my money back or anything - heck, I'm proud of my "early adopter" scars. That said, I really hope the RedTeam is putting as many resources as practical into solving this issue. Sorry to be a nag, but sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the engineers… ;-)

Cheers - #19

Any updates on progress getting the RR-X video outputs enabled…

Trying to avoid spending a chunk of change on system components to support UHD/4K monitoring that I was expecting the RR-X to drive directly. The RR-X may be worth it's price tag even without live video outs, but it was one of the features I had put on the "pros" list before making the purchase decision. Yes, I knew it wasn't working yet when I got the card, and I'm not screaming for my money back or anything - heck, I'm proud of my "early adopter" scars. That said, I really hope the RedTeam is putting as many resources as practical into solving this issue. Sorry to be a nag, but sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the engineers… ;-)

Cheers - #19
    +1 ... same here.
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"

+1

--
    EAST RENTALS
    EPIC-M DRAGON Red Package
    EPIC-X DRAGON Red Package
    CANON K35 Superspeed Lenses - PL mount
    Arri FF-4 Follow Focus
    Tiffen Filters, Arri Matte Boxes, RED ROCKET-X (in Magma 3T Thunderbolt 2 chassis)

www.eastrentals.com
    info@eastrentals.com

+1 thank you

+1 for an update please.

Driving a 4k display through RRX would be Christmas!

I love my RR-X, its such a treat to playback Dragon footy at full decode - delicious!

What would make the RR-X truly awesome is if the video outputs were live. There are a number of configurations that start to make a lot of sense if the RR-X can drive a UHD or 4K monitor directly rather than enlisting a beefy GPU with it's TDP (power/heat), bus bandwidth and I/O throughput requirements.

Has enabling the video taps turned out to be insanely difficult? Have engineering resources been diverted to GPU decoding tech? I've been waiting patiently and trusting that Rob and the gang are doing all they can - but it's been a long time.

I recognize that companies need to keep some info away from competitors. That said, with all due respect, it would be great to get a progress update of some kind.

Cheers - #19
    Will Keir
    Creative Director ~ Jumping Rock Pictures
    Epic X & Dragon #2482 / R1 #3033
    Zeiss MKII Super Speeds Lenses

"Why I choose film?
    The friendships, the adventure, the art."

Yes, would love an update on this. Many thanks!

+1 from me.