Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: FOOLCONTROL for Iphone @ IBC

Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryc Tramonn View Post
    Any shipping updates for those of us that beat the clock and signed up for Hotlink? Just curious. I didn't get a tracking number or any other way to check order status, or shipping details.
    Hey Eryc -

I'll keep folks updated in the thread about HOTLINK that Jarred started in RECON - and I will also get an email list going to send updates to folks that ordered - just got back last night from IBC - but all is well and so far, everything is on track.
    Mark L. Pederson | Cinema Products | TERADEK

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael Lubtchansky View Post
    HOTLink will ship the week of october 6 according to Mark's plan.
    And according to my plans foolcontrol iOS app should be on App Store that same week (with a small unknown variable to deal with aka Apple validation delay)
    Thanks for the response, Mikael -- on a product that isn't even yours. Ha. Sorry, I later realized I posted to the incorrect thread. But I appreciate the update on FOOLCONTROL, nonetheless. Your app and HOTLINK are complementary goods in the purest sense, and I'm all over it the moment you pull the trigger. The ability to easily, and remotely, access the camera while being mounted to a UAV is going to help immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L. Pederson View Post
    Hey Eryc -

I'll keep folks updated in the thread about HOTLINK that Jarred started in RECON - and I will also get an email list going to send updates to folks that ordered - just got back last night from IBC - but all is well and so far, everything is on track.
    Thanks, Mark. Keep up the good work, and thank you for the quick response -- on the incorrect thread. :) Glad to hear your IBC trip was a success, and you are pleased with the progress. Like others, I'm excited for the increased functionality. Bring it on, sir.
    Many filmmakers had an idea of what they wanted their dream digital motion picture camera to be. But only one of us had the talent, insight, capital and most importantly -- the guts to make it a reality. The EPIC needed a perfect balance of desire, aptitude, resolve, teamwork and finance to arrive; it is a dream manifest.

Complaining about the EPIC is like kvetching about a space elevator, when everyone else is flying kites at Kitty Hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommaso Alvisi View Post
    T H I S
    WiFi and + 1 module!

Hell Yes!

Senior Member Mikael Lubtchansky's Avatar
    Vibration free camera and focus control on a 1200 mm in RED booth at Photokina.

Wildlife cinematographer's dream :-)

foolcat : HTML / PDF visual reports for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for iOS
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for Android
    foolcolor.net staying hungry, staying foolish facebook instagram

Seriously ! that is seriously a god send product for RED.
    Count me in !
    Mark Toia
    Director / DP / Founder of Zoom Film & Television

www.toia.com

www.zoomfilmtv.com.au

This looks really cool and useful. I'm just a little worried about how much it's going to end up costing, if you have to buy the app separately for every user. I hope there will be some kind of option to buy a camera-specific license that can be on multiple users' phones. I don't know if that's possible with the app store, though.

Not possible via App Store to lock to a single camera... but if you buy the app with your iTunes account you can actually install on all your linked iDevices... That's the way App Store works and they also do take 30-40% off the selling price. Oh well...

Thanks for opening up the protocol Jarred.

I'd like to see some videos on the follow focus feature with some BTS and a list of compatible lenses if possible please?
    Will Keir
    Creative Director ~ Jumping Rock Pictures
    Epic X & Dragon #2482 / R1 #3033
    Zeiss MKII Super Speeds Lenses

"Why I choose film?
    The friendships, the adventure, the art."

Will work on doing some videos after the tradeshows...

Compatible lenses is whatever the RED can control in AF mode.

Tested with several Nikons and Canons so far and no specific issues using any of those with foolcontrol. We tried a 1200mm Canon monster yesterday at Photokina and worked very nicely... Been able to control lens and camera wirelessly is indeed needed with such lens to avoid vibrations.

Hi Mikael, it was great meeting you at IBC - here is my mock up to mount the Foolcontrol on my Letus Helix- can't wait for the real thing!

Iphone 1/4-20 to Helix right handle with Foolcontrol, and Hotlink on Dragon- right thumb control of Red and ef lenses, left handle has Helix thumb controller.
    Attached Images