Thread: HotLink or Redlink Bridge

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I actually ordered the Hotlink, then changed my mind, cancelled the order and got the Redlink. I did take a look inside the Redlink and the adapter module, hoping I could make a plan to move the innards of the Redlink into the adapter module (even if I just ended up with a dumb A-mount on the back). Unfortunately the board in the Redlink is a bit too tall to fit in the adapter module.

I'd get the Redlink

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    If you want to use the quickplate module you can't use the redlink bridge so I'd say the hotlink is the better choice for modularity.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Links
    Epic Dragon & Canon CN-E street test
    Red Epic - Noise Reduction Test - Stockholm 2014
    Red Epic - Stockholm HDRx Test

I jumped on the REDLink right away; before the HotLink was released. It works very well with Foolcontrol and it stays on my camera on my Helix (it isn't very heavy and not all that thick. The only down side I see is the issue of a rear battery. I can run with a side handle, a detached place for RED bricks or the rear Quad module (with the REDLink attached behind it. And it does look very clean and sort of cool. On the Helix, I just run off the Helix battery.

All that said, if the HotLink had been available, I might have gone for that just for the flexible attachment options. Either way Foolcontrol is the bomb!

What's the lightest way to power the Hotlink? Can someone provide a link...thanks

redlink ----- want to use vmount batteries?
    try this . http://store.freeflysystems.com/prod...ck-adapter-kit
    works great for mounting on gimbals

Chris,

I don't think you should use this on your HL drone, the hotlink is using 2.4 GHz frequency. The same as your controller. If you want to loose the control of your machine, this would be the best solution.

The problem is well known, mostly with people using the wifi of their GoPro on a Phantom 2.

I wanted to buy it but didn't because of this problem.

Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Granet View Post
    Chris,

I don't think you should use this on your HL drone, the hotlink is using 2.4 GHz frequency. The same as your controller. If you want to loose the control of your machine, this would be the best solution.

The problem is well known, mostly with people using the wifi of their GoPro on a Phantom 2.

I wanted to buy it but didn't because of this problem.

Just saying
    You can change the channel on the HOTLINK via the HTML interface. Super simple. If you know what channel your drone controller is - you set the HOTLINK to a different channel. Done.
    Mark L. Pederson

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Mark, what is the delivery time at this moment for people like myself in Europe if we order now?
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Links
    Epic Dragon & Canon CN-E street test
    Red Epic - Noise Reduction Test - Stockholm 2014
    Red Epic - Stockholm HDRx Test

Thanks Mark, good to know.