Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC v5.2.38 Release Build and 5.3.16 Beta

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Jarred, is 5.2.38 just an upgrade to Release status of 5.3.9 Beta? Or is it just some tweaks to 5.2.29? Reason I'm asking is because I'm wondering if Gio Scope is in the Release version or will I have to just update to the new Beta to keep that in?
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elsie N View Post
    Jarred, is 5.2.38 just an upgrade to Release status of 5.3.9 Beta? Or is it just some tweaks to 5.2.29? Reason I'm asking is because I'm wondering if Gio Scope is in the Release version or will I have to just update to the new Beta to keep that in?
    Gio scope is only available in 5.3.x builds, which are currently beta.
    -- Matthew Biederman

Quote Originally Posted by TheBied View Post
    Gio scope is only available in 5.3.x builds, which are currently beta.
    Got it. Thanks Mathew.
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith

Redmote still not working with new Beta build. It just sits there searching. I originally updated it on 5.2.29 Release Build and tried to use it on the 5.3.9 Beta build and it did the same thing it is doing now.

Redmote still not working with new Beta build. It just sits there searching. I originally updated it on 5.2.29 Release Build and tried to use it on the 5.3.9 Beta build and it did the same thing it is doing now.
    Try docking the REDmote to the brain to force the pairing and then take it off and search again.
    I upgraded my Scarlet Dragon and REDmote to the new betas today and my REDmote just kept searching until I docked it to the brain and then removed it. Works fine now.
    Filmmaker, Actor
    Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube
    Epic-X Dragon #08468 | Sigma Art 35/1.4, 50/1.4, Rokinon 85/1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Akin A View Post
    Try docking the REDmote to the brain to force the pairing and then take it off and search again.
    I upgraded my Scarlet Dragon and REDmote to the new betas today and my REDmote just kept searching until I docked it to the brain and then removed it. Works fine now.
    Akin, that's the problem... it doesn't force the pairing. It shows "docked" but all readouts are blank. When I remove it, it goes into "searching" mode but never connects.

I'm guessing it still works with camera 1 which has the previous release build and which I updated the Redmote from, before. That camera is out of service for now as I've sold my 5" touchscreen and am waiting for my 7" order to be completed.

But I'll be using the Redlink for camera 2 so I'll only use the Redmote for camera 1... so ultimately, no big deal. Just wanted to try out the new features of the Redmote supposedly available with the Beta firmware.

Redmote firmware version 9.0.5 (4F10)

7.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #17  
    Akin, that's the problem... it doesn't force the pairing. It shows "docked" but all readouts are blank. When I remove it, it goes into "searching" mode but never connects.

I'm guessing it still works with camera 1 which has the previous release build and which I updated the Redmote from, before. That camera is out of service for now as I've sold my 5" touchscreen and am waiting for my 7" order to be completed.

But I'll be using the Redlink for camera 2 so I'll only use the Redmote for camera 1... so ultimately, no big deal. Just wanted to try out the new features of the Redmote supposedly available with the Beta firmware.

Redmote firmware version 9.0.5 (4F10)
    It sounds like the REDMOTE isn't making good contact with the camera pins (or there is some hardware problem). You should be prompted to upgrade the REDMOTE to 9.1.x when docking with a camera running 5.3.x. You could try upgrading the REDMOTE with the PC/Mac application to the latest 9.1.x posted and then pair by going to the REDMOTE dialog on the camera and searching for your REDMOTE. This won't resolve the docked communication problems you have but it should allow you to use it wirelessly.

Hi guys,
    Under this or the prevous build 5.2.29 is anyone else experiencing power trouble using both the side handle and the REDvolt XL module together?
    I'm unable to hot swap XL Volts with a single REDVolt inside Side Handle without a camera blackout. Camera also blacks out after about half a minute when only the XL Module is attached to the camera being powered only by REDVolt in side handle. I then have to reinsert the single REDVolt battery to get the red standby light and restart.

I also notice the power info being displayed shows UNKNOWN when mounting a REDVolt XL battery while powering the camera using REDvolt in side handle.
    EPIC-M #890 Dragon "Signature"

HMKFILMS ltd
    EPIC MOMENTS AT EXTREME QUALITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Trent Lillehaugen View Post
    It sounds like the REDMOTE isn't making good contact with the camera pins (or there is some hardware problem). You should be prompted to upgrade the REDMOTE to 9.1.x when docking with a camera running 5.3.x. You could try upgrading the REDMOTE with the PC/Mac application to the latest 9.1.x posted and then pair by going to the REDMOTE dialog on the camera and searching for your REDMOTE. This won't resolve the docked communication problems you have but it should allow you to use it wirelessly.
    Trent, good catch. I had the Epic Adaptor mounted on the back of the camera and that was somehow the problem. Took that off and mounted the Redmote and it is currently updating firmware. Thanks!

Sorry, I just noticed, that I posted my problem in the wrong thread.
    This belongs here:
    Just upgraded to v5.2.38.
    The Nikon 17-35/2.8 (my work horse) stuck at F2.8.
    Whenever I slide the aperture to F22, it shows on F22 on screen, but nothing changes. When I open the aperture menu, it still shows F2.8. There is no way to get it down!
    I tried to roll back to v5.2.29 and below, but it does not let me (it stays at v5.2.38). I only can upgrade to the Beta v. 5.3.16 where the same problem is with the stuck F 2.8.
    I was able to roll back from Beta 5.3.16 to Release v5.2.29, but not further back.
    How can I go back to the previous v?