Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Miss Reef 2015 RED BTS

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I still want to know what surf housing they are using in the BTS. It looks small and ergonomic

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Auerbach View Post

...And personally, I find a beautifully-lit, interestingly-composed product shot (or anything) infinitely more exciting than yet another car doing yet another drift in slow motion.

The RECON thread isn't an ad agency, nor is it a space where customers showcase their own work looking for clients. It is, in a sense, the official voice of RED. It says, "This is what we think is worth showing." Do I get it that they're going to promote the feature films shot on RED? Sure... they're proud, and rightly so. But for a company that started as "the Hollywood-grade camera for the rest of us" -- a company that proclaims itself as inclusive -- a company that says it's all about great images -- its idea of "great images" seems mind-numbingly narrow to me.
    Scott, all opinions and POV's welcome and respected here. FWIW, our last "Collective" piece on MammothHD featured beautiful product shots. And no T&A or guns or cigars or drifting. Check out their library of stock images, from nature to product shots, and just about everyone is worthy to be part of an ad campaign. I know I look forward to getting those late night emails from Clark with a beautiful shot he captured earlier in the day.

I also hope our own RED.com website and our print collateral are also testaments to solid product photography. Our propaganda team takes great care with each product shot, how to video, BTS, Collective, catalog, etc etc. I would call those "our voice" just as much as anything else.

And although there is no drifting, some beautiful images in the BTS Jarred posted last night of the new Volvo/Google campaign. Not only is the BTS very well done, the VR array and "virtual test drive" is a brillant concept to let people get behind the wheel before that SUV hits the show rooms.

Not here to "defend RED" or anything. I am just saying look at the holistic picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lyons Collister, ASC View Post
    I still want to know what surf housing they are using in the BTS. It looks small and ergonomic
    Will find out for you, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    Scott, all opinions and POV's welcome and respected here. FWIW, our last "Collective" piece on MammothHD featured beautiful product shots. And no T&A or guns or cigars or drifting. Check out their library of stock images, from nature to product shots, and just about everyone is worthy to be part of an ad campaign. I know I look forward to getting those late night emails from Clark with a beautiful shot he captured earlier in the day.

I also hope our own RED.com website and our print collateral are also testaments to solid product photography. Our propaganda team takes great care with each product shot, how to video, BTS, Collective, catalog, etc etc. I would call those "our voice" just as much as anything else.
    Point taken. I'm not sure how long it had been since I'd looked at the RED REELS tab on the website, but the last time I was there (I donno... maybe a year ago? Two?) it was just cinema, television and print...no Collective or anything like that, as I recall. I don't tend to go to the website, since I'm not in the market for more gear...RECON is how I stay in touch. But it's good to see some variety making it onto the other (and arguably more visible) public face of the company.
    DP - Sputnik Pictures
    Owner/operator: everything from 5k down to 8mm

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Point taken. I'm not sure how long it had been since I'd looked at the RED REELS tab on the website, but the last time I was there (I donno... maybe a year ago? Two?) it was just cinema, television and print...no Collective or anything like that, as I recall. I don't tend to go to the website, since I'm not in the market for more gear...RECON is how I stay in touch. But it's good to see some variety making it onto the other (and arguably more visible) public face of the company.
    Yup, the MammothHD Collective was posted end of August in Recon.

All good, Scott. A healthy discussion and I have enjoyed following this thread. Have a great weekend.

Thanks Brent - yup lots of material and a huge variety of subjects and styles in the MammothHD Libraries - but... wouldn't mind adding more T/A and action sports - be it drifting or something else ;-).

Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    Yup, the MammothHD Collective was posted end of August in Recon.
    I look at the overwhelming majority of the new threads, but must have missed that one. But, since I always just watch posted videos in the reduser interface, I wasn't even aware of the YouTube 4k Shooting Gallery, which represents a far broader cross-section of work than the RECON forum. Nice to see that. It'd be even nicer to see it actually promoted (hint hint). It's odd to me that there's a "Shot on RED" tab on the website that doesn't even mention (as far as I can tell) RED's own Shot on RED YouTube channel.

Thanks for engaging the conversation!
    DP - Sputnik Pictures
    Owner/operator: everything from 5k down to 8mm

its the custom one by infamous Chris Bryan.
    http://instagram.com/ChrisBryanFilms
    http://www.chrisbryanfilms.com/
    EPIC-X DRAGON 7424

8.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #48  
    I look at the overwhelming majority of the new threads, but must have missed that one. But, since I always just watch posted videos in the reduser interface, I wasn't even aware of the YouTube 4k Shooting Gallery, which represents a far broader cross-section of work than the RECON forum. Nice to see that. It'd be even nicer to see it actually promoted (hint hint). It's odd to me that there's a "Shot on RED" tab on the website that doesn't even mention (as far as I can tell) RED's own Shot on RED YouTube channel.

Thanks for engaging the conversation!
    Scott, adding the Youtube SOR link to oue SOR dropdown is already on the webteam docket. Will be part of next update

If anyone missed the SHOT ON RED YouTube post and how to submit, here you go.

Same here!
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.