Page 93 of 335 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
    Terminals is good.

$9 is fine too for 10A.

Terminal connects is fine Ty.
    PAUL CHRISTOPHER GREENE
    director | Local 600 DP | composer

Chicago, IL | worldwide

www.paulchristophergreene.com

RED Epic Dragon - MoVI - Helix Seal Team - Proline Raven Steadicam "AR" Config. - Modifed X-Fold UHL 55 pound FAA 333 UAV
    Zeiss, Leica, Canon primes & zooms - RT Motion 2 motor force joystick FIZ, Paralinx Tomahawk
    nMac Pro, Adobe CC, Media Composer, Devinci Resolve, AVID Protools surround studio +

Terminals is fine.
    DOP / Digital Lighting Camera Operator
    London, UK.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

@corey: your solution means, that we had to open the case for every small adjustment. (And App Control is not always possible)
    I have some gear with terminal connections, but none of them are so open as here. A very good solutions are the demi open cases: You only have to slide away the bottom, and you have access do the terminal connections. Fixing things on set also takes a lot of time, so I prefer to do things like this as seldom as possible and not on set.

Sure, that works too. What ever works best for you. I think the big thing is, is that we want to keep the controllers/dimmers as affordable as possible. Opening a micro case is faster than opening your app on your phone. But if the terminals are gone, it makes the controller that much harder to customize on your own. And it also makes it much more expensive. I'm sure people will find ways that work best for them, and I'm sure there will be plenty of photos once these things get in their hands.

Terminal connectors.
    EPIC-X: #1908 "Ataraxia"
    O'connor 2060HD support
    www.napavalleyhd.com

Terminals are fine and dandy. Only a $9 increase, that's awesome! Great work and thank you again.

I think the big thing is, is that we want to keep the controllers/dimmers as affordable as possible..
    It just would need a small design change, no extra/new parts.

But if the terminals are gone, it makes the controller that much harder to customize on your own
    How often to you customize such things on set?? For me, the daily work is more important, I want to work efficient, fast, and safe. And it also should look that way.
    I don’t talk about getting rid of the terminals. I am talking about a small design change to integrate the terminals better, or get the possibility to cover them easier. At the moment, it seems you need a complete additional housing.

I

This is a 20lbs sand bag hanging off just 1 terminal. I really don't think you'll have problems often, if ever.

And the looks aren't so bad. Just throw some shrinkwrap on it and it's all good.

Last edited by Corey Jacques; 01-28-2015 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jarvis View Post
    give this rig DMX capability via cat5 or 3/5 pin cable? DMX functionality would be my ultimate goal.

I have been using the Enttec Ip based DMX controller for stage lighting for shows:
    http://www.enttec.com/index.php?main...ducts&pn=70305

I set up a WiFi network and use app: Luminaire on my iPad to control entire shows. Handles all event base presets and all so might make a nice DMX control system for lighting setups. I am going to look into it when I get my light strips.
    https://synthe-fx.com/products/luminair
    EPIC-X: #1908 "Ataraxia"
    O'connor 2060HD support
    www.napavalleyhd.com